No huddle concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeak

Reaction score
One of our strenghts is the ability to rotate in guys for situational plays. It keeps them fresh and we get a good pass rush out of it. Fitzgerald even made that point on the Cowherd show this morning.

So are people concerned that we won't be able to get a good pass rush on Peyton and partially because of the no-huddle that he runs. It isn't the hurry up offense as they stand there for 30 seconds but it makes it hard to change out personnel.

Peyton was only sacked 18 times during the regular season (44 for RW) BUT he took four of those sacks in one game. It was the Indy game - they got great pressure on him throughout the game. Personally I believe the Denver O-line looking good is a result of inferior opponent pass rush AND Peyton's ability to get the ball out quickly.

In theory the Seahawks secondary should slow down Peyton's ability to get the ball out quickly and our pass rush should put him in trouble but I think that they will negate quite a bit of this with the no-huddle

Thoughts / concers?

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I think this is one of the great concerns. If he can keep the D on the field via hurry up it may be tough on us. We need to ge pressure all game long and create turnovers. I think we can but it is the challenge we have.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the down side is it keeps the same personnel on the field.

The up side is that we don't do anything tricky on defense. It's not like we are changing things up a lot or trying to disguise anything. We are good enough to just go out there and do what we do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the weather will help slow down the way Manning likes to run his offense.

But you're right, the Hawks have the #1 D, but they have been susceptible at times this year to teams running a hurry up (Colts game). So my guess is the Broncos will try and get us back on our heal with some hurry up.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The winner and loser of the game will be decided by numerous factors. No one thing is going to beat the hawks.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Isn't it a rule that the O has to let the D substitute between plays, or is that only if the O subs guys out?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":v39fd2ht said:
Isn't it a rule that the O has to let the D substitute between plays, or is that only if the O subs guys out?

If the O subs, the D gets to sub too. Otherwise, no.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
I'm sure the coaching staff will have a game plan for it based on the film they watched of how often they run no huddle. Hopefully they'll notice a trend and the defense can counter with the right personnel.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":2o6e2vkw said:
I'm sure the coaching staff will have a game plan for it based on the film they watched of how often they run no huddle. Hopefully they'll notice a trend and the defense can counter with the right personnel.
:13: This. The separation is in the preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.