Seattle-Area Teenager Loses Job After Wearing Broncos Jersey

Smellyman

Reaction score
wrong. They were allowed to wear a seahawk jersey or the company uniform. They told him to go home and change and he decided to not come back to work.

Axx

Reaction score
douche bag deserves it. I hope he never gets hired by anyone ever again for the rest of his life

mikeak

Reaction score
Kid should now understand the concept of at-will employment

What really annoys me is this new trend if parents getting involved in what people should learn to handle in their own. If the kid is old enough to take a stance and wear his broncos jersey and walk out them he is old enough to deal with the situation. Having the dad call to talk to the owner is a joke but sadly common with this generation who from many news article needs parental assistance at all walks in life

OP
OP
C

Carmon1274

Reaction score
mikeak":28khfnmh said:
Kid should now understand the concept of at-will employment

What really annoys me is this new trend if parents getting involved in what people should learn to handle in their own. If the kid is old enough to take a stance and wear his broncos jersey and walk out them he is old enough to deal with the situation. Having the dad call to talk to the owner is a joke but sadly common with this generation who from many news article needs parental assistance at all walks in life

He's 17 bro not 18.

And what's wrong with parents calling for the kid?

Kakaww

Reaction score
Man, I would have been ashamed if my parents called my boss. Time to man up and clue in to how the world works. He is not a special little snowflake.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Think it's pathetic that the company invited its employees to wear jerseys, then got pissed that he wore his own team's jersey.

And think you all are ridiculously hard on a 17-year-old.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I don't get the big deal, they gave him the option to go home and change. He didn't come back, that's on him. My girlfriend worked for starbucks, during hockey playoffs in Vancouver ( I use Vancouver as my example since I don't get the luxury of being in Seattle at this time tho I'd kill to be ) she was allowed to wear the canuck jersey or the uniform, you support the community or the business, if you want to make a statement about your team that isn't the one the community is behind then that is on your time. I have the same rule at my business. When I go into the bank during playoffs and I see a teller wearing a canucks jersey and she couldn't tell you a single player on the team despite having a number and name on the jersey I know she doesn't give a rats ass but it's goodwill with the public and I see the people one by one go up and say go canucks it's cool to see. The only thing I would've done as the business is told staff ahead of time that other teams were not acceptable but by 17 I would've known that this isn't the time to start trying to stir the pot and show everyone that im on the other side of near everybody who comes in. Just common sense, we're supposed to feel bad for kids lack of common sense these days.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
More informed reporting of the story. The kid was a dumbass, he knew better and was just looking for his 15 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/st ... cos-jersey

"Odyssey 1 acknowledged it invites employees to wear Seahawks jerseys on Sundays in order to "show support" for the team on game days. The company posted a statement on its Facebook page Tuesday, claiming that wearing other teams' jerseys is prohibited in order to "prevent possible conflicts." Tacoma is located about 30 miles south of Seattle."

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1uxbbgyr said:
More informed reporting of the story. The kid was a dumbass, he knew better and was just looking for his 15 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/st ... cos-jersey

"Odyssey 1 acknowledged it invites employees to wear Seahawks jerseys on Sundays in order to "show support" for the team on game days. The company posted a statement on its Facebook page Tuesday, claiming that wearing other teams' jerseys is prohibited in order to "prevent possible conflicts." Tacoma is located about 30 miles south of Seattle."

and there it is. Kid was looking for attention and got it. Would've fired him with a smile. Hate disrespectful types.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
How much you want to bet this is his families way to try to get free Bronco swag or even tickets from the Bronco's organization?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
You get paid to do a job and follow the rules. The rules were, wear a uniform or a Seahawks jersey. Not wear whatever you want. The worst part of this is the kid went home to change but his dad told him not to go back. Way to instill work ethic. If you don't like the rules, son, just take your toys and go home!

this is a family place and where teenagers hang out, its obvious the business owner didn't want to set up a situation where an employee flaunting a possible enemy jersey would cause a conflict or drive away business.

please.stop.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
As an employee, you represent the company, not yourself. When you're on the clock, if the company doesn't want you to wear a Broncos jersey, you don't wear a Broncos jersey.

If they tell you to go home and put on the company uniform, just put on the damn uniform.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He got fired because he ditched his job, not because he wore the jersey. OP, read the articles you post.