Ticket Prices

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Maybe its the trader in me but I am obsessed with the market for these Super Bowl tickets. If that site tiqiq.com is right, there are almost 15,000 tickets for sale. That leads me to believe that tickets will plummet in the next few days. I want to go, but I'm not paying $5,000 a pair to sit in the 300 section in the cold. Its easy for me to hold out living in NJ and not needing airfare or lodging. I understand those that don't have that luxury. Here's to the hunt.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Since you have the option, I'm wondering what the scalper prices would be at say around the 2nd quarter, if you're hanging around the stadium. Or, even right at the beginning of the game, people desperate to get something for their(couldn't make it) tickets before they head in?

OP
OP
H

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I dont think the NFL is going to let anyone get close that isn't going into the game. I would assume security would be extremely tight. Of course that could lead to scalpers panicking as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
Remember many sellers live in areas far away from NY region. So online prices should start to come down in 4-5 days

I agree with the OP - projections are for tickets in the $1,500 area

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am doing research too, the pricing has not come down yet. The tiqiq prices are not accurate. When I click on the buy, it takes you to the individual sites and somehow the service fees add up another 400 dollars. I will go if it is around 1500, but not more than that. I love my Seahawks, but I need to put food in the table too.

kidhawk

Reaction score
"Experts" are saying that the ticket market is quite similar to last year's super bowl in quantity and it went down to about $1,500 per ticket as the game got closer. It's really a big game of chicken.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ one difference between New Orleans and NY is disposable income. More locals may buy as prices start coming down

You can buy Yankee tickets for $1,500 for a regular game....

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1hfuv0v5 said:
^ one difference between New Orleans and NY is disposable income. More locals may buy as prices start coming down

You can buy Yankee tickets for $1,500 for a regular game....

True, but it's not like it's the Jets/Giants playing, or even the Pats....this is two West Coast teams which I think also plays a factor in the secondary market for tickets.

OrFan

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":3lin6h2i said:
I dont think the NFL is going to let anyone get close that isn't going into the game. I would assume security would be extremely tight. Of course that could lead to scalpers panicking as well.

Like I said in the other Super Bowl ticket thread below, you cannot even walk into the game. They have shuttles that will take you into the stadium area for $51 per person.

No tailgating will be allowed either.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... wl-stadium

TheHawkster

Reaction score
*****Ticket Update*****

TiqIQ says there are 14589 tickets currently available.

A lot of sites have service fees too.
However, Stubhub is one that doesn't have extra fees.
I just saw seats go on stubhub for $2221

Prices are dropping fast.
Seahawks and broncos fans arent in a rush to pay these prices.

I'm not buying until at least the middle of next week.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I hope a lot of 12s show up. I'd go if it were closer and didn't have to work.

Would be awesome to hear SEA - HAWKS chants at the Super Bowl.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
16 tickets under $2300 on stubhub.

They don't have added fees.
In case you didn't know, Stubhub tickets come with bus transportation to and from
and a super bowl tailgate party next to the stadium.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
TheHawkster":3ptidz0g said:
16 tickets under $2300 on stubhub.

They don't have added fees.
In case you didn't know, Stubhub tickets come with bus transportation to and from
and a super bowl tailgate party next to the stadium.

and they keep coming down on SH.

anyone know where you can get an official listing of face values? from what i read, the 200 club level seats had the highest face value of 2600.

i have been watching ticket prices very very closely since January 13 and charting things.

as they say, it's the ultimate game of chicken...thankfully, i am flying on points from Toronto with my brother in law and don't have to commit without loosing anything until 24 hours before Sat am....

heffmanhere

Reaction score
I'm flying in from Vancouver, arriving in NYC next Wednesday night...If I can snag a ticket for a price I can afford, great...If not I'll be there so soak in the atmosphere...I've noticed the ticket price drop too and I wonder if the deal will be better in person in NYC or online...

Also, getting to the stadium without a ticket is going to be a pain (heck, it may not be much of a picnic even with a ticket)...So I don't know how the dynamic of buying a ticket a few minutes before kick-off will play out if there's precious few potential buyers there...Perhaps many of the face to face sales will take place Saturday and might be all but done by Saturday night...

seadoc

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't stoke the fire here (yours and mine) but # of tiqiq tickets has gone up apparently: 15,075.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
heffmanhere":wast0xov said:
I'm flying in from Vancouver, arriving in NYC next Wednesday night...If I can snag a ticket for a price I can afford, great...If not I'll be there so soak in the atmosphere...I've noticed the ticket price drop too and I wonder if the deal will be better in person in NYC or online...

Also, getting to the stadium without a ticket is going to be a pain (heck, it may not be much of a picnic even with a ticket)...So I don't know how the dynamic of buying a ticket a few minutes before kick-off will play out if there's precious few potential buyers there...Perhaps many of the face to face sales will take place Saturday and might be all but done by Saturday night...

have you called Stubhub? I know in the past they have computers on site that people can buy tickets at and then they have the location on site. i know that after Jan 28 at 3pm, ANY listing on stubhub must be of tickets that they ACTUALLY have in hand. so those will be taken on site and i am sure sold right up to the bitter end.

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Excellent insight YYZ, much appreciated...

I used Stubhub for a spring break NBA tour with my son a few years ago and they were excellent...On site computers would be ideal...

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
heffmanhere":2zihn5ow said:
Excellent insight YYZ, much appreciated...

I used Stubhub for a spring break NBA tour with my son a few years ago and they were excellent...On site computers would be ideal...

when i was in boston for game 3 and 4 with the canucks, they had terminals in the local pick up office. i bought my game 4 seats about 2 hours before the game and then picked up next to TD gardens...we know how that played out... ;-(

heffmanhere

Reaction score
When I casually looked at SB ticket prices last week just for kicks and giggles, the lowest price I saw was $2,950 or something

This morning I saw some for $2,100 on Stuhhub

Moments ago they're now going for $1,780

I wouldn't pay any of these prices but I sure like the direction and speed of the ticket price drop...