Seeker

Reaction score
Peyton manning has not played against a top 5 defense this entire year

Baltimore - 12th ranked defense
New York Giants - 8th ranked defense
Oakland - 22nd ranked defense
Philadelphia - 29th ranked defense
Dallas - 32nd ranked defense
Jacksonville - 27th ranked defense (tied for 27th)
Indy - 20th ranked defense (loss)
Washington - 18th ranked defense
San Diego - 23rd ranked defense
Kansas City - 24th ranked defense
New England - 26th ranked defense (loss)
Kansas City - 24th ranked defense
Tennessee - 14th ranked defense
San Diego - 23rd ranked defense
Houston - 7th ranked defense (these guys were on full tilt mode by this time of the year)
Oakland - 22nd ranked defense

and now he is facing the number 1 defense and is supposed to roll? hahaha LOB

49ers

Reaction score
He's going to be smoked. Absolutely smoked. The Seahawks can get extreme pressure with 4, AND stop the run.... I'm just mind-blown by how dominant this game is going to be for the Seahawks.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The most important thing this game is that they will not be able to rely on their running game and dominating the opposition defensive line and that will hurt them in the weather.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
49ers":1p2ztdv1 said:
He's going to be smoked. Absolutely smoked. The Seahawks can get extreme pressure with 4, AND stop the run.... I'm just mind-blown by how dominant this game is going to be for the Seahawks.
agreed seahawks/niners was the championship game, if the niners had won they would have walked through the superbowl (niners 40 - broncos 10) this is the strongest conference.

Axx

Reaction score
49ers":k0wvq31h said:

yup, i felt the same way about the niners. I just couldnt imagine overrated finesse teams beating SF/SEA

Axx

Reaction score
The one matchup that scares me is Welker VS Thurmond. In the preseason peyton abused thurmond in the slot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been pointing that out to Broncos fans all over the place since yesterday. Also, that the Seahawks will finally get to play a defense that isn't a great one for the first time in like five games when we meet Denver.

Add in that the Broncos had the easiest schedule in the league this year, (AND last year) and we'll see what happens come February 2nd.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Where were NE ranked? At any rate, I don't think we're going to have much luck pressuring Peyton with 4. He gets the ball out of his hands way too quick for that, and can abuse the blitz.

Riley12

Reaction score
49ers":1l35whj0 said:

I am developing a man crush on you. Please stick around these next two weeks and beyond.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
49ers and Seahawks were the best 2 teams.

The only way Seattle doesn't win is if they play stupid and beat themselves.

They are the best team in the NFL this year and strength on strength, no team can beat them.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
I was at this game. crowd was loud like they knew it would come down to this.
manning had the ball on like the one about to score,
and browner ran it back 99 yards. we will crush the broncos and make that horse faced space dog Elway eat it.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":2fmhlco3 said:
Where were NE ranked? At any rate, I don't think we're going to have much luck pressuring Peyton with 4. He gets the ball out of his hands way too quick for that, and can abuse the blitz.

Yep, you have to play press man physical on his wr's and take away his ability for quick decisions. If only there were a defense out there that excelled at such coverages.

Hmmmm, can ya think of any?

Would also really help if they had a guy w/ speed and instincts to play single high safety in these packages.

youngchew

Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate, if you wanna play the "so and so hasn't played against a top 10 so and so".....

The Seahawks defense only faced one top 10 offense this season, the saints. and Drew Brees sucked on the road this season. In two weeks, Seattle's defense will be playing against LITERALLY the best offense in the history of the NFL. Also, no more homefield advantage for that defense. Seattle D will not have the CLink behind them.

#1 defense vs #1 offense...should be a fun game

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
youngchew":2hlsxr4h said:
Just playing devil's advocate, if you wanna play the "so and so hasn't played against a top 10 so and so".....

The Seahawks defense only faced one top 10 offense this season, the saints. and Drew Brees sucked on the road this season. In two weeks, Seattle's defense will be playing against LITERALLY the best offense in the history of the NFL. Also, no more homefield advantage for that defense. Seattle D will not have the CLink behind them.

Meh, we faced the Packers and Patriots offenses last year, and won both games. Our defense can take on anybody. The Broncos having the easiest schedule two years in a row is a point ignored by most Broncos fans I've noticed, however.

Axx

Reaction score
they gave up 48 points in jerrys world

youngchew

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":fskir0cv said:
youngchew":fskir0cv said:

Meh, we faced the Packers and Patriots offenses last year, and won both games. Our defense can take on anybody. The Broncos having the easiest schedule two years in a row is a point ignored by most Broncos fans I've noticed, however.

Easiest schedule two years in a row? AFC West was the best division in the NFL...3 of the 4 teams made it. They also played a 1st place schedule for winning the AFC West last year.

I agree that your defense can take on anybody.

Bottom line, Broncos score more points than any team in the league. Seahawks give up fewer points than any team in the league. As i said, should be a good game. :0190l:

Emerald12

Reaction score
Axx":f83diiuc said:
The one matchup that scares me is Welker VS Thurmond. In the preseason peyton abused thurmond in the slot.
... and we then proceded to beat them by 30 points ;)

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
youngchew":2club1m3 said:
RolandDeschain":2club1m3 said:
youngchew":2club1m3 said:

Easiest schedule two years in a row? AFC West was the best division in the NFL...3 of the 4 teams made it. They also played a 1st place schedule for winning the AFC West last year.

I agree that your defense can take on anybody.

Bottom line, Broncos score more points than any team in the league. Seahawks give up fewer points than any team in the league. As i said, should be a good game. :0190l:

I, like most, would seriously question that the AFC West is the best division in football. The NFC West only lost 10 games out side of their own division while winning 30.

AFC West was close, but they were 25-15.