The Rest Factor

Erebus

Reaction score
SF is playing in their 11th straight game (they had a week 9 bye), 4th straight road game, and are on a normal week's rest. We had our bye week more recently (week 12), plus the first round bye, and the extra day between games this week. And we're on our 4th straight home game. How big of an impact do you guys think this could have?

Polaris

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":kvxqbshh said:
Game away from the Superbowl. I honestly think that evens it up.

I wouldn't be so sure. The Niners will be playing not only their fourth straight road game (with tough opposition) but also their fifth in the last sixth. Harbraugh handles this exceptionally well, no doubt, but eventually fatigue is going to be a factor.

This is one more reason why I think Seattle had the edge.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Erebus":21bj2iou said:
SF is playing in their 11th straight game (they had a week 9 bye), 4th straight road game, and are on a normal week's rest. We had our bye week more recently (week 12), plus the first round bye, and the extra day between games this week. And we're on our 4th straight home game. How big of an impact do you guys think this could have?

Who do you think it favors? Some people like the momentum some like the rest who knows.

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't know, I think adrenaline will carry guys in this game. They may fall over dead afterwards but I think it'll be a brawl throughout.

Polaris

Reaction score
jblaze":1jbha1ji said:
I don't know, I think adrenaline will carry guys in this game. They may fall over dead afterwards but I think it'll be a brawl throughout.

Oh I have no doubt it will be a brawl and that adrenaline will do a lot, but the road San Fran has had to travel wears. That could well result in a number of things adverse to San Fran including injury rate.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think it is perfect. That if the Niners came in here after the Hawks bye, that their chances would have been better. I really think that the bye hurt the Hawks a little in that first game, but now that they had a regular week that things will roll much better for them. They are more rested than the Niners by a mile. In addition, the Niners did not carry a TOP advantage in either of their last 2 games. Not sure before that. They were even in each game, so the defense was on the field for 30 minutes each game.

It isn't the game changer on its own, but it is certainly an advantage for the Hawks. The Niners have been better about their defensive rotation, but it still isn't on par with Seattle, nor do they have the quality depth Seattle does on the DLine or secondary.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, they did have two east coast and central road games.

That sapped our team in the Atlanta game. I will say this: I think there will be a fatigue factor if we can force SF's defense to stay on the field longer. They might get gassed halfway through the 3rd quarter if we can keep pounding on them.

I don't see fatigue as a factor for our guys, unless the offense flames out horribly and the D plays a huge amount of the game.