Here is a Hawkstorian article from the early days of .net

The Radish

Reaction score
article written by my very good friend the Hawkstorian. As usual very well written. Read about Hawkstorian at the bottom of the article. He was famous on .net even in those early days.

Hey John your now infamous, Wikipedia uses us as a source.

:D

http://sea.scout.com/2/352469.html

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Radish, this brings back memories for sure. There was another guy that used to write for .net as well, but I have lost his name to time. I want to say he he lived in Arizona and his articles were very enjoyable and quite funny. Might you remember his name?

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Blitzfan":2mcycuaj said:
Radish, this brings back memories for sure. There was another guy that used to write for .net as well, but I have lost his name to time. I want to say he he lived in Arizona and his articles were very enjoyable and quite funny. Might you remember his name?

Are you maybe be thinking of Sutz who used to live in California? He now lives here in the Northwest.

:les:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
That is a great article.

Mike McCormack was MAN. RIP, brother.

I remember him fondly for being a true football guy in the Hawks front office at the time.

And his hiring of Chuck Knox was BRILLIANT.

The whole Behring and Flores thing was so depressing by comparison.

White Devil

Reaction score
It's a great article, but reminds me of the Scout days.

God I hated that board. It was impossible to register for some reason and was one of the reasons why I slid back into the shadows and lurked for a couple of years.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
You can never hide from the internet!

I actually have an off-season series I'm working on. stay tuned!

Blitzfan

Reaction score
The Radish":2egh49vy said:
Blitzfan":2egh49vy said:

Are you maybe be thinking of Sutz who used to live in California? He now lives here in the Northwest.

I don't think so, I am pretty sure he lived in Arizona. Damn memory is failing me in my old age... there can't be too many guys that used to write articles. Had to have been in the early 2000's, but I am just drawing a blank.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I forgot that NorthwestFootball.com was still a thing. Doub went on to much bigger and better things. But that name choice was just downright terrible.

And almost nearly forgot that Hawkstorian used to write! And he's picking up the pen, I mean keyboard, again! Woot!

Go Hawks!

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
Blitzfan":4qt5e0t2 said:
The Radish":4qt5e0t2 said:
Blitzfan":4qt5e0t2 said:

I don't think so, I am pretty sure he lived in Arizona. Damn memory is failing me in my old age... there can't be too many guys that used to write articles. Had to have been in the early 2000's, but I am just drawing a blank.

I can vaguely remember those articles too. They had a good dose of humor injected. Something about a hawx fan who lived in a Phoenix suburb who opened a business (maybe a book store or computer repair). He wrote a fun article about the hawks.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
You sure you're not talking about Travis Flatt in his Ferret Leggings days?

He used to write really great storys with the edge of humor always near. He finally gave up there, left a bowl of catfood for his girl friends cat and headed to Tucson to start over.

Been lots of places since.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
The Radish":2dmbnp6i said:
You sure you're not talking about Travis Flatt in his Ferret Leggings days?

He used to write really great storys with the edge of humor always near. He finally gave up there, left a bowl of catfood for his girl friends cat and headed to Tucson to start over.

Been lots of places since.

That's him! Thanks Radish! Its totally cool that you made this post. I was thinking of Travis a couple of weeks ago and imagined he would be loving the last couple of seasons.

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. There are 66 Hawkstorian articles archived over there. Nice to have a link to revisit those memories. I'd forgotten about Hawkstorian's enjoyable writing style. :th2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
Early 2006 was a unique off season.

It’s been an historic off-season for observers of the salary cap. Not only were the basic provisions of the cap extended through 2011, but the 2006 cap was set at a whopping $102,000,000. The 2005 cap was $85,500,000.

[urltargetblank]http://sea.scout.com/2/536742.html[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts