Luke Willson's status?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Anybody know what his status is for this week? I thought I saw him for a couple of plays early on for the divisional game but not much after that. Did he aggravate his ankle again or did I just miss him on the field?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We don't target our tight ends in the passing game, so I'm still not sure why everyone was so worried about his presence on the field. 1.25 receptions per game and one touchdown on the season?

Either Russell is struggling, or the gameplan is bad, or Willson's just not that amazing yet; either way, I'm not too concerned.

AFAIK, he was fully active and good to go.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
We gotta get our TEs, especially Zach, involved more. I mean, Zach was amazing and clutch for us last playoffs yet has only one catch, and maybe one target as well, for us so far.

Vetamur

Reaction score
2 weeks removed from a high ankle sprain..he was out there as a diversion.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He was out there late too. he had two nice seal blocks on Lynch's big TD run.

and was the frist one in endzone celebrating with him.

Seeker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15muo7pj said:
We don't target our tight ends in the passing game, so I'm still not sure why everyone was so worried about his presence on the field. 1.25 receptions per game and one touchdown on the season?

Giant 75 yard reception with elegant speed (that play that got cancelled for no reason against the Rams).

The guy is good for at least one of those a game and it looked like they saw some promising things from him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete has said that the only injury issues we are dealing with this week are Wright (who they hope to have back this week) and Harvin (who we hope makes it through the concussion protocol, but his hip came through the game just fine)

HoRneR

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":auenvx1j said:

Either Russell is struggling, or the gameplan is bad, or Willson's just not that amazing yet; either way, I'm not too concerned.

AFAIK, he was fully active and good to go.

Cause tight ends seems to get around two long catches a game against the 49ers recently.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":3cmq0ztl said:
Pete has said that the only injury issues we are dealing with this week are Wright (who they hope to have back this week) and Harvin (who we hope makes it through the concussion protocol, but his hip came through the game just fine)

It's good to hear his hip is fine.

Incidentally, Willson's 1 TD came against the Niners this year, at SF. He just ran away from Willis like Pat was standing still.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Hawks46":30dcwcfy said:
kidhawk":30dcwcfy said:

It's good to hear his hip is fine.

Incidentally, Willson's 1 TD came against the Niners this year, at SF. He just ran away from Willis like Pat was standing still.

He was standing still it was a blown coverage. Pat started chasing after him when he realized that Eric Reid wasn't where he was supposed to be.