Russ vs Kap

Axx

Reaction score
incredibly bias, but yeah at the end of the day russ is the guy every father wants his daughter to marry.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Well, seeing as the team that rushes for more yards has won all the recent matchups, this isn't about Wilson or Kaep historically.

OP
OP
M

ManBunts

Reaction score
Axx":edcfsb8p said:
incredibly bias, but yeah at the end of the day russ is the guy every father wants his daughter to marry.

Oh it's TOTALLY biased. And you know, while I used to rag on Kap, I really don't dislike the guy that much. He's young and having fun and who can blame him. It's Harbaugh and Whitner that I despise on that team. That said, this is less of a dig at Kap and more of a reminder (not like we forgot) that Russell is just awesome all around

willyum

Reaction score
colin-kaepernick-gq2.jpg

i dont know whether to laugh or cry

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
willyum":2mywwjsa said:
ManBunts":2mywwjsa said:
Axx":2mywwjsa said:

Oh it's TOTALLY biased. And you know, while I used to rag on Kap, I really don't dislike the guy that much. He's young and having fun and who can blame him. It's Harbaugh and Whitner that I despise on that team. That said, this is less of a dig at Kap and more of a reminder (not like we forgot) that Russell is just awesome all around

agreed. I hate Whitner soo much, and I have a lot of respect for the 49ers. But Donte "Celebrates like he got a sack when he gets a tackle assist" Whitner is a tool

Our man Earl has had some pretty epic celebrations after simple tackles. Its just what those guys do. I enjoy it when the players are pumped up...even the opponents. Just fuels the adrenaline.

willyum

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":rxhd3wej said:
willyum":rxhd3wej said:
ManBunts":rxhd3wej said:
Axx":rxhd3wej said:

agreed. I hate Whitner soo much, and I have a lot of respect for the 49ers. But Donte "Celebrates like he got a sack when he gets a tackle assist" Whitner is a tool

Our man Earl has had some pretty epic celebrations after simple tackles. Its just what those guys do. I enjoy it when the players are pumped up...even the opponents. Just fuels the adrenaline.

oh I know, confidence and arrogance are different things, but Whitner takes it to another level. One example out of many, in their home game against Atlanta, the farewell to Candlestick game, there was a play where Patrick Willis busted through the line of scrimmage and stopped the running back in the backfield, the back was already tackled by Willis, and Whitner falls on top of him, and he gets up, walks toward the middle of the field and celebrates like when a player gets a sack. it was pathetic. And he does this very often if you pay attention to him.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ottymbc9 said:
Well, seeing as the team that rushes for more yards has won all the recent matchups, this isn't about Wilson or Kaep historically.
You nailed it. It WILL come down to the run game. If we get out to a 2+ score lead and force some long 3rd downs thus forcing Kaep to throw, then that plays into our hands. If the Niners get any kind of run game going...it's going to be a grinder.

That being said...I think the Niner D can be thrown on...so I wouldn't be surprised if we take a few shots down field early! Pass to score points, run to control the clock. Which kind of has been our mantra...run, run, throw deep!

NinerBuff

Reaction score
This is the game we all wanted, and I can't wait for the game!

The winner will be the team that run more effectively, especially in the forth quarter. Both teams have excellent ST and both teams excel at winning close games. really don't think it will come down to Kaep or Wilson, but both guys could have big 'broken play' scramble for 30+ yds, however.

What's your strategy for covering Crabs, Davis, and Boldin? We're not starting Kyle Williams any more... Even Patton as our #4 is better than Williams. Does Sherman cover Crabtree or Boldin or Davis? Maxwell had an up and down game vs. the Niners, but he did have a big INT on an underthrown Kaep ball. Walter Thurmond and your #4 CB will be tested. Our o-line played very well against CAR front 7, and they have a better front 7 than SEA. SEA has the best secondary in the league, especially Sherman and Chancellor. I'm sure you all will disagree, but I think Thomas is overrated, still very good and a top-5 FS in the league, but he's not at Polamalu or Reed's level when they were winning Championships in the mid 2000's.

I also think there will be a lot of laundry on the field during the game. The jawing will be intense and PF penalties will play a part.

This will be a big game for Russell Wilson... If he plays well, everyone forgets the last few months and he's in a Super Bowl... If you lose, and especially if he doesn't play well (or similar to what he's been playing recently), it would be a significant step backwards from an excellent season. He would enter the offseason with a lot of questions. Big game!

The Niners are a confident road playoff team. They will be tough!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NinerBuff":d89mnk0q said:

The winner will be the team that run more effectively, especially in the forth quarter. Both teams have excellent ST and both teams excel at winning close games. really don't think it will come down to Kaep or Wilson, but both guys could have big 'broken play' scramble for 30+ yds, however.

What's your strategy for covering Crabs, Davis, and Boldin? We're not starting Kyle Williams any more... Even Patton as our #4 is better than Williams. Does Sherman cover Crabtree or Boldin or Davis? Maxwell had an up and down game vs. the Niners, but he did have a big INT on an underthrown Kaep ball. Walter Thurmond and your #4 CB will be tested. Our o-line played very well against CAR front 7, and they have a better front 7 than SEA. SEA has the best secondary in the league, especially Sherman and Chancellor. I'm sure you all will disagree, but I think Thomas is overrated, still very good and a top-5 FS in the league, but he's not at Polamalu or Reed's level when they were winning Championships in the mid 2000's.

I also think there will be a lot of laundry on the field during the game. The jawing will be intense and PF penalties will play a part.

This will be a big game for Russell Wilson... If he plays well, everyone forgets the last few months and he's in a Super Bowl... If you lose, and especially if he doesn't play well (or similar to what he's been playing recently), it would be a significant step backwards from an excellent season. He would enter the offseason with a lot of questions. Big game!

Sherman plays the right side. For having such a strong opinion about ALL PRO Thomas, you don't seem to even know the basics about how Seattle lines up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ManBunts":32b1d4oo said:
Axx":32b1d4oo said:

I don't have a problem with Whitner. Look at any of the pregame pressers he does. He goes out of his way to give credit to the opponent, unlike Kaepernick and Harbaugh. Whitner doesn't get penalized for dirty hits, he's a tough, physical player. If we didn't have Kam, we'd love this guy on our team. "Hitner" ? C'mon, that totally fits in with the LoB.

He's not even in the same league as Harbaugh. The Niners' secondary literally was almost undressing WRs at Carolina and getting away with it, and yet Harbaugh will undoubtedly bitch heavily to the media this week about our secondary being physical. He's a douchebag and a hypocrite and I personally can't think of a worse combination of negative personality traits.

plyka

Reaction score
Sorry but kaep right now is playing better. He hasn't let the pressure touch him. I still think that Wilson is the better overall player, but the niners have the better strategy and coaching in my opinion. He has to come into Seattle and play against the best defense we have seen for five years. If he pulls it off I would say he is better than Wilson now.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NinerBuff":9dss1u1x said:
What's your strategy for covering Crabs, Davis, and Boldin? We're not starting Kyle Williams any more... Even Patton as our #4 is better than Williams. Does Sherman cover Crabtree or Boldin or Davis?

I have no idea!! We don't have an answer for that level of awesomeness. Especially with the way Papaki spreads the ball around so evenly. Can't defend that.

:sarcasm_off:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":8dxy6549 said:
NinerBuff":8dxy6549 said:
What's your strategy for covering Crabs, Davis, and Boldin? We're not starting Kyle Williams any more... Even Patton as our #4 is better than Williams. Does Sherman cover Crabtree or Boldin or Davis?

I have no idea!! We don't have an answer for that level of awesomeness. Especially with the way Papaki spreads the ball around so evenly. Can't defend that.

:sarcasm_off:

I thought we only cover the guy he is staring at.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
It isn't Kap vs Wilson. Its Rus vs Niners D an Kap vs Hawks D. And gotta agree the running games will be key in this game. And as others have pointed out, Kap is playing much better than Russell right now.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
plyka":2zp7kgu7 said:
Sorry but kaep right now is playing better. He hasn't let the pressure touch him. I still think that Wilson is the better overall player, but the niners have the better strategy and coaching in my opinion. He has to come into Seattle and play against the best defense we have seen for five years. If he pulls it off I would say he is better than Wilson now.

Correction the OLINE doesnt let the pressure touch him haha. Kaep has been god awful in seattle the last 2 times he played up here. I think he had a 20 and 70 something rating. The 70 something rating was also inflated because he threw a garbage TD against backups late in the fourth. I believe that is the 49ers only TD against the Seahawks in Seattle the last 2 years as well but I could be wrong.

plyka

Reaction score
NinerBuff":2om0x6km said:

Your comments on the defense are off. This is the best defense I've seen for five years in the NFL. The secondary is the strength but it's legendary. The rest is just incredible. There is no weakness with this defense.

Regarding the offense you're spot on. They have been mediocre. Carroll is attempting the ravens 2000 strategy, but this defense is not as good as that one.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
plyka":20gac431 said:
NinerBuff":20gac431 said:

Your comments on the defense are off. This is the best defense I've seen for five years in the NFL. The secondary is the strength but it's legendary. The rest is just incredible. There is no weakness with this defense.

Regarding the offense you're spot on. They have been mediocre. Carroll is attempting the ravens 2000 strategy, but this defense is not as good as that one.

Seattle defense ranks up there with Pitt and Balt during the 2000's, however those teams had a truly feared pass rushers, where I see a really good front 7 in Seattle, but not a great one. Seattle has a unique home field advantage, reminiscent of Lambeau in the 90s.

I really have no idea who's going to win. Marshawn and Gore will both be productive, Harvin remains a wildcard. Wilson will probably have an improved performance, if for no other reason than better weather. Still, he's lost some of his swagger, or he's slightly injured, or defenses have begun to limit him. Still hard to be too critical considering how product the team is as a whole.

themunn

Reaction score
NinerBuff":ui69c9qb said:
but I think Thomas is overrated, still very good and a top-5 FS in the league, but he's not at Polamalu or Reed's level when they were winning Championships in the mid 2000's.

I'm sure you do disagree, but Earl is right at their level, he maybe doesn't have the same number of interceptions as Reed, but his stats speak for himself.

For reference, after 4 seasons in the league:

Reed: 269 tackles, 22 interceptions, 32 passes defensed
Polamalu: 301 tackles, 12 inteceptions, 27 passes defensed
Thomas: 345 tackles, 15 interceptions, 31 passes defensed