Russ vs Kap

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":38istvli said:
NinerBuff":38istvli said:
What's your strategy for covering Crabs, Davis, and Boldin? We're not starting Kyle Williams any more... Even Patton as our #4 is better than Williams. Does Sherman cover Crabtree or Boldin or Davis?

I have no idea!! We don't have an answer for that level of awesomeness. Especially with the way Papaki spreads the ball around so evenly. Can't defend that.

:sarcasm_off:
Paprika makes me sneeze non-stop... til I puke.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3q2fd0ee said:
It isn't Kap vs Wilson. Its Rus vs Niners D an Kap vs Hawks D. And gotta agree the running games will be key in this game. And as others have pointed out, Kap is playing much better than Russell right now.
Much better? Kap has been flirting with pick 6's for 3 weeks straight and he barely breaks a 50% completion rate.
I'm confident in all aspects of the Niners game right now except for qb play. Been that way most of the year really.
I think he can win at the Clink but he is going to have to seriously tighten up his accuracy and decision making or he's going to be watching Sherman dancing with cheerleaders.

kearly

Reaction score
I was among those who thought Thomas was over-rated before this season. Not anymore. He's back to making plays like it was his rookie year, but unlike his rookie year he's been mistake free. He's not just one of the most feared and essential high safeties either, he's a force against the run too.

On topic, I've always liked Kaepernick as a limited QB. He could win SBs in Seattle, and though Wilson is clearly the superior QB, I think our recent offensive problems would be far less pronounced with Kaepernick's set of drawbacks compared to Wilson's. Kaepernick has been playing pretty well during the last two months, and he still has a ton of room for improvement.

I also think he's misunderstood by a lot of fans. He's a touch narcissistic and is a terrible politician, but there are clear indications that deep down he's a good person.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NinerBuff":377wayay said:
This is the game we all wanted, and I can't wait for the game!

The winner will be the team that run more effectively, especially in the forth quarter. Both teams have excellent ST and both teams excel at winning close games. really don't think it will come down to Kaep or Wilson, but both guys could have big 'broken play' scramble for 30+ yds, however.

What's your strategy for covering Crabs, Davis, and Boldin? We're not starting Kyle Williams any more... Even Patton as our #4 is better than Williams. Does Sherman cover Crabtree or Boldin or Davis? Maxwell had an up and down game vs. the Niners, but he did have a big INT on an underthrown Kaep ball. Walter Thurmond and your #4 CB will be tested. Our o-line played very well against CAR front 7, and they have a better front 7 than SEA. SEA has the best secondary in the league, especially Sherman and Chancellor. I'm sure you all will disagree, but I think Thomas is overrated, still very good and a top-5 FS in the league, but he's not at Polamalu or Reed's level when they were winning Championships in the mid 2000's.

I also think there will be a lot of laundry on the field during the game. The jawing will be intense and PF penalties will play a part.

This will be a big game for Russell Wilson... If he plays well, everyone forgets the last few months and he's in a Super Bowl... If you lose, and especially if he doesn't play well (or similar to what he's been playing recently), it would be a significant step backwards from an excellent season. He would enter the offseason with a lot of questions. Big game!

The Niners are a confident road playoff team. They will be tough!

I wouldn't go so far as to say we ALL wanted it. I would have been perfectly happy not having to play the Seahawks at all in the playoffs.

Just gotta be real. LOL. :D

cesame

Reaction score
NinerBuff":kp27fums said:

The winner will be the team that run more effectively, especially in the forth quarter. Both teams have excellent ST and both teams excel at winning close games. really don't think it will come down to Kaep or Wilson, but both guys could have big 'broken play' scramble for 30+ yds, however.

What's your strategy for covering Crabs, Davis, and Boldin? We're not starting Kyle Williams any more... Even Patton as our #4 is better than Williams. Does Sherman cover Crabtree or Boldin or Davis? Maxwell had an up and down game vs. the Niners, but he did have a big INT on an underthrown Kaep ball. Walter Thurmond and your #4 CB will be tested. Our o-line played very well against CAR front 7, and they have a better front 7 than SEA. SEA has the best secondary in the league, especially Sherman and Chancellor. I'm sure you all will disagree, but I think Thomas is overrated, still very good and a top-5 FS in the league, but he's not at Polamalu or Reed's level when they were winning Championships in the mid 2000's.

I also think there will be a lot of laundry on the field during the game. The jawing will be intense and PF penalties will play a part.

This will be a big game for Russell Wilson... If he plays well, everyone forgets the last few months and he's in a Super Bowl... If you lose, and especially if he doesn't play well (or similar to what he's been playing recently), it would be a significant step backwards from an excellent season. He would enter the offseason with a lot of questions. Big game!

The Seahawks defended Crabtree, Boldin and Davis just fine the last time they played.

It's not a big problem.

formido

Reaction score
cesame":3cryas4d said:
NinerBuff":3cryas4d said:

The Seahawks defended Crabtree, Boldin and Davis just fine the last time they played.

It's not a big problem.

Yep, Kap had, what, a 67 passer rating at home? His TD to Davis came after KJ left the game. Maxwell and Sherman were the top 2 corners in the league this year by defensive passer rating, so that's a match-up whose odds favor Seattle immensely. Meanwhile, Seattle is #1 in the NFL against TEs thanks to ET taking away seams and a range of linebackers who rank near the top among LBs in defensive passer rating.

Anthony!

Reaction score
kearly":14f0wwv8 said:
I was among those who thought Thomas was over-rated before this season. Not anymore. He's back to making plays like it was his rookie year, but unlike his rookie year he's been mistake free. He's not just one of the most feared and essential high safeties either, he's a force against the run too.

On topic, I've always liked Kaepernick as a limited QB. He could win SBs in Seattle, and though Wilson is clearly the superior QB, I think our recent offensive problems would be far less pronounced with Kaepernick's set of drawbacks compared to Wilson's. Kaepernick has been playing pretty well during the last two months, and he still has a ton of room for improvement.

I also think he's misunderstood by a lot of fans. He's a touch narcissistic and is a terrible politician, but there are clear indications that deep down he's a good person.

really you do know he went through a stretch that was even worse than Rw. Sorry I disagree, if we had Kap and went through that same strtch he had with SF we would be lucky to even be in the playoffs. and remember could he have handled all those game splaying with a 3rd string o-line answer NO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":ukz1cct5 said:

There's no better than Earl right now, but I can think of at least one huge mistake that cost us the SF game. And in these times where DBs are expected to intercept a ball, he's had his fair share of drops. But again, no player in any secondary more valuable than ET.

Kaep has impressed this year. I predicted when they abandoned the RO he would be exposed and flop. I was wrong. And the running joke that he has tunnel vision is starting to be less funny. He is seeing multiple targets with greater frequency as of late. Kaep seems to be playing his best ball at the right time and RW appears to have taken a step back. Kaep was once laughed at when compared to RW, the astute are not laughing anymore. We suddenly have a problem with Colin Kaepernick. No, he won't beat us in Seattle, and may never, but he's going to win enough games to challenge for the division crown and that could put us in SF twice a year.

He is definitely the epitome of narcissist and I've not seen much suggesting he is clearly a good person, but I don't care, he's turning into a real good QB and that's all that matters to me as a hawk fan. It's quite disconcerting.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
formido":3k58ohuq said:
cesame":3k58ohuq said:
NinerBuff":3k58ohuq said:

It's not a big problem.

Yep, Kap had, what, a 67 passer rating at home? His TD to Davis came after KJ left the game. Maxwell and Sherman were the top 2 corners in the league this year by defensive passer rating, so that's a match-up whose odds favor Seattle immensely. Meanwhile, Seattle is #1 in the NFL against TEs thanks to ET taking away seams and a range of linebackers who rank near the top among LBs in defensive passer rating.

He didnt have the greatest game last time they played, but it was enough to win. As far as defending all the 49ers receiving threats. Gave up a td to Davis. SO kj left the game, cool, it still counts. And this was during a 72 yard 9 play drive as well. So its not like they were gifted good field position for a touchdown. Boldin got 93 yards, and crabtree got 40 in his 2nd game back. Based on the limited yards that game, that's pretty dang good.

Latest posts