World Record Noise Next Week

falcongoggles

Reaction score
If the Guinness book of world records came in this week the 12th man would set a record that would stand forever.

hawker84

Reaction score
Whiners better get them some of those earplugs and get that logo painted on the practice field pronto, can't get prepared for this hell hole soon enough.. heh heh heh...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Gotta say the game yesterday was very loud, I didn't quite lose my voice but that's probabyl because It's late in the season and I've broken it in quite a bit. Frst few games I lost if for days no it only goes for about a half day.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Too be honest, yesterday's game seemed much less loud than our first match-up. Could it have been the weather? I do have a theory why it was less voluminous.

Your season ticket holders and other regulars may have not purchased the more expensive tickets expecting another expensive game the following week. I know quite a few have already booked trips to New Jersey for the Super Bowl. That is not cheap. I have a feeling the crowd had more corporate types that tend to sit on their hands. You know you don't want to get drunk in front of fellow workers.

What do you think?

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Getting drunk in front of co-workers is a no-no. From Italy I didn't hear much crowd noise, tough to tell. People who were at the game.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1v4ilrcg said:
Too be honest, yesterday's game seemed much less loud than our first match-up. Could it have been the weather? I do have a theory why it was less voluminous.

Your season ticket holders and other regulars may have not purchased the more expensive tickets expecting another expensive game the following week. I know quite a few have already booked trips to New Jersey for the Super Bowl. That is not cheap. I have a feeling the crowd had more corporate types that tend to sit on their hands. You know you don't want to get drunk in front of fellow workers.

What do you think?
I think your on to something. This was mentioned on a local sports radio show interviewed a ticket vendor and he mentioned he thoughts a lot of die yards sold their tickets in anticipation of the NFC C game.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2ttln636 said:
AsylumGuido":2ttln636 said:

What do you think?
I think your on to something. This was mentioned on a local sports radio show interviewed a ticket vendor and he mentioned he thoughts a lot of die yards sold their tickets in anticipation of the NFC C game.

I am sure for people at the game it may have seemed as loud as usual, but on TV it was far less loud. But, it makes sense. Money is limited and if you feel you can only make one game why not wait for the big one, even if it is a bit of a gamble.

jman316

Reaction score
You can never tell on TV, they have control over how much crowd noise is broadcast.

I was there, and it was playoff loud.
I am hoarse today and glad I started wearing earplugs.

Theories be damned. Respectfully, if you weren't AT the game you can keep your opinions about the crowd noise to yourself.

BGHawk

Reaction score
jman316":2bkfgi4r said:
You can never tell on TV, they have control over how much crowd noise is broadcast.

Theories be damned. Respectfully, if you weren't AT the game you can keep your opinions about the crowd noise to yourself.

I wasn't at the game , but normally you have the announcers say something about the noise and they didn't mention it much. It didn't seem as loud from what I could hear. I didn't see Brees having much trouble at the line calling out plays/adjustments. I hope next week the niners bleed from there eyeballs ..gohawks

djb28

Reaction score
Saints didnt look like they had much trouble getting in plays.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it has a lot more to do with us being ahead 16-0 than anything else. We never trailed, and the Saints never really threatened (I'm sorry, having the ball midfield with less than a minute to go, no timeouts, and the best you could possibly do is tie assuming you made a TD and a two point conversion, well, that's not too scary... and it was pretty loud then actually).

The MNF game? There was blood in the water. The 12th Man is an interesting phenomenon... I've seen this before, many times, actually. If the Seahawks are administering a beat down of historic proportions, especially if we're getting a few false starts, delay of game, timeouts, blood in the water, it can get crazy go nuts, even if we're leading by three scores. Conversely if we're just methodically taking an opponent apart, it's not as much fun, especially if they seem to be resigned to it.

The rain and cold and wind had something to do with it too, it's hard to keep the energy up for three plus hours, I was drained, absolutely drained, after the game.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Oh, and I think the possibility of rattling Kaepernick makes the 12th Man salivate.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
jman316":rwtjk09j said:

I wasn't demeaning those loyal fans in attendance. I have no doubt you stepped it up even more, but what we heard on the broadcast was noticeably less overwhelming. At no point was there any indication that the Saints had any sound based issues as they had in the last game. Perhaps your wearing earplugs kept you from hearing the true noise level.

Dtowers

Reaction score
LOL that place was louder than any time this year.

The Radish

Reaction score
jman316":3c9qorvv said:

I don't think we need these kinds of comments. Has this become a ninnirs board?

:roll:

Latest posts