World Record Noise Next Week

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3iktp8sm said:
Too be honest, yesterday's game seemed much less loud than our first match-up. Could it have been the weather? I do have a theory why it was less voluminous.

Your season ticket holders and other regulars may have not purchased the more expensive tickets expecting another expensive game the following week. I know quite a few have already booked trips to New Jersey for the Super Bowl. That is not cheap. I have a feeling the crowd had more corporate types that tend to sit on their hands. You know you don't want to get drunk in front of fellow workers.

What do you think?
Guido, I think you are spot on with this. My brother said the same thing cause he was at the Dec 2 game. He said that the crowd yesterday was probably full of "rich" people, who just don't bring it like blue collar or regular folks.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2mw6tiln said:
Oh, and I think the possibility of rattling Kaepernick makes the 12th Man salivate.

The 2006 NFC Championship game against the Panthers was extremely LOUD throughout the game when we were on Defense.

The wind and rain does affect sound's ability to travel. The 10-day forecast is for no rain on Sunday. It will be LOUD!! :shock:

Wilson2Harvin

Reaction score
ME and three buddies just got our nfc championship tickets. We are all expecting the walls to F'n shake in there!!! Screaming from playcall to huddle, to the line..... Get that Kapernick rattled as he always is with his deer in the headlights look in century Link field! I already cant wait! Totally confident 12th man will rock the house, and we will be going on to the superbowl! GET UP EVERYBODY!!!!!! This is what we all wanted!

lsheldon

Reaction score
I listened to the game on Kiro 710 while I watched with the TV muted. The announcers were talking quite a bit about the stadium feeling like an earthquake. Only downside to listening on Kiro is that there is a slight delay in the announcing. They cover plays 8-10 seconds after they actually occur. But I much prefer listening to Raible over the TV broadcast announcers.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Per their fans on their local news station - 9ers will go up there and "quiet the crowd"

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
I don't like there chances of that. They are a good enough team to keep the game competitive, but the only way to take the crowd out of it is to get far enough ahead where we know we can't win. There is no way in hell that the niners will be able to do that. We just need to jump on them early, let them get the "here we go again" thoughts in their heads. If we can come out and put a spanking on them in the first quarter, they will fold again. New Jersey here we come!

hangumhi

Reaction score
One thing that bugs the heck out of me is that we only get loud when the opposing team approaches the line. Get max loud when/if they huddle. All it takes is one guy to not hear the qb and the whole play could collapse

86Hawk

Reaction score
I was at the game. Trust me it was loud. Not the loudest I've heard it. But damn loud. I was also at the playoff game against the saints in 2011, they didn't have huge problems with the noise then either. NFC championship against the 9ers will probably be the loudest this stadium will ever get. :49ersmall:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Watching on TV last week, it was nothing compared to the MNF game. Just sayin....The 12's better be relentless and bring it hard this weekend.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Coach Hair ball's face is always red and it looks like it's about to explode. Too bad we can't focus our collective screams and finish him off. :stirthepot:

Shout_out

Reaction score
I go to the games and then watch them on TV. The broadcasts obviously control how much crowd noise you hear through the TV and you can never tell the actual volume of the stadium. That and the Saints did a great job against the noise. It is possible the heavy wind and rain muffles the sound as well.

But make no mistake, it was loud on Saturday. Playoff loud. There was more noise than any other game this year and I was at both the Niners and Saints games. I would say the noise level at the huddle was as loud as the usual regular season noise at pre-snap. And the pre-snap was thunder loud.

I sit in a section where most seats are sold, so I am always usually around new people every game. At this game, everyone was yelling…which often isn’t the case.

That being said, next week will be stupid loud. :!:

Hawks46

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":197q9hon said:
Too be honest, yesterday's game seemed much less loud than our first match-up. Could it have been the weather? I do have a theory why it was less voluminous.

Your season ticket holders and other regulars may have not purchased the more expensive tickets expecting another expensive game the following week. I know quite a few have already booked trips to New Jersey for the Super Bowl. That is not cheap. I have a feeling the crowd had more corporate types that tend to sit on their hands. You know you don't want to get drunk in front of fellow workers.

What do you think?

The few Saints fans I talked concur. They said it was loud, but not as loud as that Monday Night game. I only met 4 Hawks fans from that game, and they said the same thing.