Wall Street Journal labels Hawks cheaters

andyh64000

Reaction score
The problem is that clueless people like the writer don't know the rules and think that there is no instance where you can legally contact a receiver past 5 yards.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
Wow! First that guy attacking Pete.. Now this. It's like Fox News attacks on Obama.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Seriously, that is a subject worthy of the Wall Street journal. The day before our game with the Saints? Trying to influence some officiating are we?

We all we got, we all we need.

Jville

Reaction score
Link of convenience >>> [urltargetblank]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303754404579310500005285822.html?mod=WSJ_LifeStyle_Lifestyle_5[/urltargetblank]

I see multiple references to "testing" ... but the choice of the word "cheaters" appears to be that of the OP .... not the authors of the article.

I judged the article "The Seahawks' Grabby Talons" to be well written ..... containing good choices in wording. The subtitle "Seattle's Defense Relies On a Brazen Tactic: Rampant Interference" is does spoil the fairness ...... that is a judgement assertion best left to the officials and competition committee. Thanks for posting.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Jville":xz2ylfzt said:
Link of convenience >>> [urltargetblank]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303754404579310500005285822.html?mod=WSJ_LifeStyle_Lifestyle_5[/urltargetblank]

I see multiple references to "testing" ... but the choice of the word "cheaters" appears to be that of the OP .... not the authors of the article.

I judged the article "The Seahawks' Grabby Talons" to be well written ..... containing good choices in wording. Thanks for posting.

The writer may not say cheaters, but he certainly couldn't do anything more the infer it.

hawker84

Reaction score
"They just seem to not care about the rules," said New York Giants wide receiver Louis Murphy

who? Ya it's pretty obvious what this writers intentions were. Well written or not, he's calling us cheaters.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jville":3iyhjntx said:

I judged the article "The Seahawks' Grabby Talons" to be well written ..... containing good choices in wording. Thanks for posting.
I took the quotes off the thread title, it was not a word from the article.
However, I stand by my assessment of the writer's intent.

mwmccollough

Reaction score
Oh the irony. I remember when we used to play physical teams, get pushed around and were labeled soft. Now that we do the pushing, we cheat.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I see a little exaggeration but it's reasonably accurate.

The corners molest receivers within the rules and don't get called all the time when they push it outside of the rules. These coaches have these players playing like it's 1983 out there, which I like as long as the penalties don't make it a negative. There's a calculated risk going on with this, and if the refs don't call it than it was worth the risk.

Jville

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3o2hpvd9 said:
Jville":3o2hpvd9 said:

I took the quotes off the thread title, it was not a word from the article.
However, I stand by my assessment of the writer's intent.

I only intended to make a distinction of the source of the word choice. That's all.

I do think the timing of the article rather than the wording lends credibility to your assessment of the writers and publisher intent.

Again, thanks for the post.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
bmorepunk":oerx3ic6 said:
The corners molest receivers within the rules and don't get called all the time when they push it outside of the rules.

That is true for every secondary in the league.

Jville

Reaction score
I wish we could get a comment from Lester Hayes on this article. LOL

The technique and style the article describes as been around for a very long time.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Shock2k":11az0isb said:
Seriously, that is a subject worthy of the Wall Street journal. The day before our game with the Saints? Trying to influence some officiating are we?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Reminiscent of Jim Har-Bawwwww! and the Forty-Whiners preemptively complaining about the defense before the game in San Fran.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Bitter":39paztjz said:
The writer may not say cheaters, but he certainly couldn't do anything more the infer it.

Actually the author implies, you infer. Sorry, that's a grammatical pet peeve of mine.

plyka

Reaction score
bmorepunk":ejd55rkd said:
I see a little exaggeration but it's reasonably accurate.

The corners molest receivers within the rules and don't get called all the time when they push it outside of the rules. These coaches have these players playing like it's 1983 out there, which I like as long as the penalties don't make it a negative. There's a calculated risk going on with this, and if the refs don't call it than it was worth the risk.

You're falling into the media meme of Seahawks corners "playing physical." Without any stats or evidence to support the assertion. It's a meme all over the media. But watching all the playoff teams i see the EXACT SAME TACTICS. The 49ers corners and the Packers corners last week did more pulling/grabing/holding than any game the HAwks played this year. But they don't get the moniker.

Let's be honest, Jim Harbaugh is a master. He created this meme and now the media is running away with it. As we see above, even Seahawk fans are falling into the story line. Harbaugh has won this round. Expect the Seahawks defense to have to put up with tighter rules than the rest of the league.