Leon Washington

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Leon Washington ‏@Leon_Washington 1m
Merrill Hodge Tripping if he thinks the Saints will beat #Seahawks in Seattle!!! #12thMan Roar!!

Pretty awesome that Leon is still rooting for us after being released in the offseason. We still love you too, dude.

Good sign of the team's manner of handling of this release (and maybe even how they handle releases in general) IMO. Mike Rob expressed nothing but positivity and support for us before being brought back too, even referring to the team as "we" during a KJR interview during that downtime.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
As compared to either the Ruskell era or the Mariners for two decades. Sweet Lou left disgruntled at the FO, as have many other players. Considering the sheer ineptitude of the M's since Lou left, it's pretty clear the FO are the ones who don't know how to run an organization.

Thank God we have P&J.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love Leon Washington, but then I'm a sentimental old fool. He did some good things for this team.

dunceface

Reaction score
Awwww Neon Leon! That guy was a pretty big part of this rebuild especially on ST (duh)
He gave us something that people actually took notice of and I will always remember him for that

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
A guy I work with is a huge FSU fan and went to the BCS championship. And he came back yesterday and said "I know you're a Seahawks fan" and showed me a pic of him and Leon at the game. And got me an autograph of him...it's on a pic of him in a FSU uniform. But still awesome.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Maybe next season we could open up a spot for him, like have both he and Percy in the endzone on kickoffs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We could have used him this year. The Pats didn't use him as a return man for whatever reason, but in five games with the Titans, he averaged 30 yards/return on kickoffs and 13 yards/return on punts. Those are elite numbers in both categories.

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2njvlrz2 said:
We could have used him this year. The Pats didn't use him as a return man for whatever reason, but in five games with the Titans, he averaged 30 yards/return on kickoffs and 13 yards/return on punts. Those are elite numbers in both categories.

Agreed. If we would have seen the future, probably would have kept him but hindsight being what it is..

rightbench

Reaction score
I totally had a dream last night that Leon was back returning kicks for us. Took one to the house on a kickoff.

stack600

Reaction score
Agreed with above..Tate shined on PRs..But Leon would have sure been nice as a KR..But with our D, we field a lot more punts than Kicks..

Exittium

Reaction score
rightbench":3dq0pv8o said:
I totally had a dream last night that Leon was back returning kicks for us. Took one to the house on a kickoff.

Oh no don't get confused that was Percy doing it tomorrow, you just had a premonition of the a$$ kicking we're about to lay down and show the world :thirishdrinkers:

Subzero717

Reaction score
mrinsatiable":2mpac02j said:
Leon washington has amazing skill and speed. I hope we can pick him up again.

He had lost a step. That's why we and eventually New England released him.

ak3000

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3esz25qq said:
Good sign of the team's manner of handling of this release (and maybe even how they handle releases in general) IMO. Mike Rob expressed nothing but positivity and support for us before being brought back too, even referring to the team as "we" during a KJR interview during that downtime.

#82 would disagree with you. "You don't do a vet like that" :D

Exittium

Reaction score
ak3000":3r993yrb said:
MidwestHawker":3r993yrb said:

#82 would disagree with you. "You don't do a vet like that" :D

Well I believe winslow could have agreed to different terms as well just like M.Rob did but sometimes everyone isn't going to budge. I understand the thinking of the money and thier future but at the same time.. IMO i think to have a dynasty and last long is much more meaningful

Also glad we're not dealing with this now

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...h-possession-of-synthetic-marijuana-1.6768607

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Kixkahn":129o7aw2 said:
Maybe next season we could open up a spot for him, like have both he and Percy in the endzone on kickoffs.

No thanks.

This team is built on speed and youth, both have passed Leon at this point in his career.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3lk8pybq said:
mrinsatiable":3lk8pybq said:

His return averages with Tennessee were better than they were last year with Seattle.

Subzero717

Reaction score
DavidSeven":du909thy said:
CALIHAWK1":du909thy said:
mrinsatiable":du909thy said:

His return averages with Tennessee were better than they were last year with Seattle.

There's all kinds of things that factor into stats. I personally hate stats for that reason. There's a reason we cut him and New England did too. He didnt look the same.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":14pmimac said:
DavidSeven":14pmimac said:
CALIHAWK1":14pmimac said:
mrinsatiable":14pmimac said:

There's all kinds of things that factor into stats. I personally hate stats for that reason. There's a reason we cut him and New England did too. He didnt look the same.

Personally, I don't place much credence in who Belicheck cuts and who he keeps. He had made some colossal blunders.

I believe if we had Neon Leon in the Indianapolis, SF and AZ games that he would have added at least one more win. Look at the struggles of Turbin and Kearse and it's impossible to argue otherwise.