Saints outfitted with special helmet speakers.

stang233

Reaction score
Per NFL network the saints have replaced their old speakers with louder more efficient speakers in the helmets to help better hear during the game. I am surprised Mr. R.G doesn't have some helmet dB regulation.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Seattle must have really got into NOLA's head on MNF.

Gimmicks for daaaaaaays.

Reaction score
These won't work either cause if they did every team that comes here would have had em years ago, it would be the norm

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I can't remember a team doing more stunts and gimmicks leading into a trip up here. Even the 49ers don't go to these lengths.

Exittium

Reaction score
Those wont work either, because now.. they'll have a harder time hearing each other's muffled calls on that line lol... Dumbasses

Whats more amusing is thinking of the time they took to do everything I mean seriously what about game planing? You can't tell me they were "all in" when trying everything they could think of..

253hawk

Reaction score
They also had some dude put a voodoo curse on us and the whole team is eating Popeye's chicken en route to Seattle (which they are supposedly undefeated after doing so.)

Really pulling out all of the stops here. Why didn't they do all of this crap for the Monday night game to ensure HFA? I cannot wait to bathe in all of the tears Saturday night.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Just like the "magic earplugs" last time, these wont work either. You'd think they try to shorten their complex offensive calls but instead they are trying gimmicks, which I'm cool with!:)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If memory serves, Brees and Payton claim the noise didn't bother them at all.. and that we simply just outplayed them.

Clearly this isn't true. Hope the fellow 12's turn it up another notch on Saturday.

Hawks46

Reaction score
All these moves they are making reek of desperation.

Funny, the more they do all this stuff, they less I believe them when they say they aren't paying attention to the last game up here. I seriously think we're in their heads.

Exittium

Reaction score
only thing i gathered from searching so far is:

"The general rules for the use of the devices, which are now used by one player on defense as well, are:

They are shut off, by game-day personnel, with 15 seconds left on the play clock. So with a full 40-second play clock, the coach gets 25 seconds to communicate.
Only one coach can communicate to the quarterback, and that coach has to be on the field, in the bench area. If the offensive coordinator is the team's play-caller and is in the press box, then he relays a play to a designated assistant coach on the field and that assistant coach relays it to the quarterback.
Up to three quarterbacks can have a receiver and speaker in their helmets. There are no microphones.
The same rules apply to the designated defensive player with the device in his helmet, with up to two defensive players allowed to have a device in their helmets. Only one defensive player can wear the device on the field, however; the second device with the second player is used in case of injury."

So they're still screwed imo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...alls-new-coachtodefense-communications-system
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-08-27-helmet-radios_N.htm

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawks46":20s8yn4i said:
Funny, the more they do all this stuff, they less I believe them when they say they aren't paying attention to the last game up here. I seriously think we're in their heads.

It's VERY apparent this is 100% true.

This team could come apart at the seams if they are to fall behind by 2 scores early.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1n72zvit said:
If memory serves, Brees and Payton claim the noise didn't bother them at all.. and that we simply just outplayed them.

Clearly this isn't true. Hope the fellow 12's turn it up another notch on Saturday.

No, Payton has repeatedly said the noise is a big factor, even getting into specific plays. For example, he said the first play call of the game last time was a big mistake as the stadium was at its loudest and that run play, with an option to go left or right needs communication...it ended up getting stuffed for a loss.

w00t

Reaction score
morgulon1":3pxflflc said:
I thought only the qb could have a speaker.

yea but watch the saints try to sneak those special helmet speakers to all of their offense (without the green dot).

Exittium

Reaction score
w00t":9bcwtyj8 said:
morgulon1":9bcwtyj8 said:

yea but watch the saints try to sneak those special helmet speakers to all of their offense (without the green dot).

You mean like how they got the free timeout against the eagle in 1st qtr, when Brees took the tape his oline guy ripped off and the refs said it was debris?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
For goodness sakes... 115-130 decibles ... you can hear that through your chest!

And it's not just about the "hear the play call", it's about disruptive THUNDEROUS INTIMIDATION!

So clueless, so clueless.

amill87

Reaction score
Well it'll probably help Brees hear the play call but it doesn't help him deliver it to the offense. And more importantly, it doesn't help him make adjustments at the line.

This is pretty interesting. Football players are weird creatures of habit and routine. By making all these changes in how they prepare, does it really help them? They are the polar opposite of how we prepare. We say, yeah this is who we are and this is what we do. The Saints are pulling out all the stops to gain some kinda of psychological edge.

It is starting to reek of lack of confidence. Brees/Payton said they just didn't play well and we played really well. If that was the case, why do they need this mental edge they are seeking? If they fall behind by a score early, what does that do to them? Will they start thinking painting the logo on the field didn't help and it'll be the same?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Exittium":23wtqr9d said:
w00t":23wtqr9d said:
morgulon1":23wtqr9d said:

You mean like how they got the free timeout against the eagle in 1st qtr, when Brees took the tape his oline guy ripped off and the refs said it was debris?

OHHHH....You kinda noticed that one too eh?? I was looking at that play a few times and both times they showed it on tv...it looked quite obvious it was his lineman that had that tape and was moving it away from himself to the qb. I think our team will be looking for that kind of stunt when they come to our house too. Go Hawks.
:th2thumbs: