The more this week goes on...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
.. the more I can't help but think this team is going to blow out the Saints on Saturday.

You know how San Francisco is the worst possible matchup for Green Bay? I think we're the worst possible matchup for New Orleans.

I remember in the MNF game, this defense didn't do any really special or elaborate scheme. They just played man coverage all night and outmanned them in every possible outcome. I don't care if the Saints are painting logos on their field or drinking different Gatorade, etc. That type of dominance doesn't just go away.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Was there not a season where the Rex Ryan led Jets went into Foxborough and lost 50-3 and came back to New England and won 28-21, it can happen.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
This week is just dragging on for me...can't Saturday get here already?

I'm getting a good feeling that the Seahawks will win. I'm leery of calling it a blowout though.

From everything I've been hearing about and reading about, Pete has this team rested, prepared, and focused. I bet we take the Saints best shot on Saturday and deliver the W...I'm seeing 30-17.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fuut6vov said:
.. the more I can't help but think this team is going to blow out the Saints on Saturday.

You know how San Francisco is the worst possible matchup for Green Bay? I think we're the worst possible matchup for New Orleans.

I remember in the MNF game, this defense didn't do any really special or elaborate scheme. They just played man coverage all night and outmanned them in every possible outcome. I don't care if the Saints are painting logos on their field or drinking different Gatorade, etc. That type of dominance doesn't just go away.

And yet, SF had to kick a field goal with 3 seconds left to win that game last weekend.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a similarly close game this weekend against the Saints.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":204whb3h said:
Was there not a season where the Rex Ryan led Jets went into Foxborough and lost 50-3 and came back to New England and won 28-21, it can happen.

Which has zero bearing on the Saints-Seahawks game this weekend...lol.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":25miy9vv said:
seahawk12thman":25miy9vv said:

It's a response to OP's comment that "that type of dominance doesn't go away" in reference to the MNF butt-kicking. Historically, it has. Pats crushed the Jets in a December game, then lost to them a month later despite being far and away the best team in the NFL at the time.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I have to admit, when I saw that the Saints were painting logos on their practice field, I got a little nervous ...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm smelling another ass kicking myself. My confidence is growing the closer we get.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2jvc18z3 said:
FlyingGreg":2jvc18z3 said:
seahawk12thman":2jvc18z3 said:

It's a response to OP's comment that "that type of dominance doesn't go away" in reference to the MNF butt-kicking. Historically, it has. Pats crushed the Jets in a December game, then lost to them a month later despite being far and away the best team in the NFL at the time.

Correct! I am not saying The Seahawks are going to lose, but the last game means nothing. The Hawks have to take it again and I think they will. The Saints are marred with injuries and I don't see with the arrival of Harvin (hopefully) how the Hawks will be stopped. The Saints know this and their only hope is to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage and clock.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I expect the Saints Offense to be more efficient and score some points, our D will prevail. Where I see the ass kicking coming from is the Hawks O on this beat up Saints secondary. I'm going 34-20 Hawks.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'm not looking past the Saints, but they are more banged up than the last meeting. I think Kenny Vaccaro was a key player for them on defense this season. He's now on IR. I know KJ is out for the Hawks, but the Hawks have more talent in the depth of the roster. I'm not knocking New Orleans, but... this absolutely should be Seattle's game to win.

TheWallE

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2wkvs69y said:
Correct! I am not saying The Seahawks are going to lose, but the last game means nothing. The Hawks have to take it again and I think they will. The Saints are marred with injuries and I don't see with the arrival of Harvin (hopefully) how the Hawks will be stopped. The Saints know this and their only hope is to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage and clock.

Historically there have been 25 rematches in the history of the playoffs where the first game was a blow out. The team that was blown out has won 13 of those game. The last game does indeed have far less relevance it would generally seem.

As for not knowing how the Seahawks could be stopped... c'mon, they are hardly an offensive juggernaut. The Saints D didn't finish 4 in the NFL because they are slouches.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
As this week gets longer and longer, I am getting more nervous for this game..

But then I remind myself this:
Saints O vs Seahawk D -> Seahawk D wins
Saints D vs Seahawk O -> Seahawk O wins mostly
Saints ST vs Seahawk ST -> Seahawk ST wins
Home field advantage -> Seahawks!
Any Saints advantage over the Seahawks? (Revenge?) I think none.

We should win this game quite easily unless Bevel decides to end the season earlier so he gets more interviews for his HC job by calling this game like he did in the last 2-3 games of regular season.

Let's hope everything goes accordingly.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
as long as the Hawks recover the onside kick! I gotta give more credit to the Saints than a blowout score. The game will be closer than last time but still can't see the Hawks losing...if they somehow do I guess we were pretenders all year,,,,