Prisco reviews Maxwell

5meterhawkfan

Reaction score
who reads cbssports or Prisco anyway???

I stopped reading that trash a long time ago.

formido

Reaction score
I'm really worried we're not going to be able to keep Maxwell after next season. It sucks this is already his 3rd year. I would love for them to extend him after this season while he's still a little under the radar. He's been much poorer than the other guys in the locker room for awhile, so now's the time to do it. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

davidonmi

Reaction score
prisco is a good writer. People hate him cause he's not afraid to be critical, sometimes over the top. But he has some good stuff to say, especially on twitter.
I liked this one, short and sweet

davidonmi

Reaction score
now obviously i don't agree with some of what he says, such as putting Marvin Lewis ahead of Carroll in his coaching rankings but overall I enjoy his writing

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
davidonmi":3j8l0gso said:
prisco is a good writer. People hate him cause he's not afraid to be critical, sometimes over the top. But he has some good stuff to say, especially on twitter.
Respectfully Disagree. He is he master of "the word salad". The same folks that think he is a good writer are the same folks that think that Art Theil and Steve Kelley are good writers. Pissquick has he biases if you read over time they are clear.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2i3yq9xn said:
davidonmi":2i3yq9xn said:
Respectfully Disagree. He is he master of "the word salad". The same folks that think he is a good writer are the same folks that think that Art Theil and Steve Kelley are good writers. Pissquick has he biases if you read over time they are clear.
when he's breaking down film he is good, but I understand where you're coming from, his attitude towards certain players and his biases are clear. The way he tries to prop up andy dalton is just stupid.
If u learn to ignore that stuff there is some good stuff

SDHawk

Reaction score
I dislike Prisco because he will be wishy washy and offer concessions like saying "Wilson is smart, he will figure it out" [w/ regards to zone defense which he thinks can stop RW], then follow that up and say something stupid like "but Seahawks offense can't come back from a 14 point deficit"... obviously, this guy hasn't watched many Hawks games. In the audio link I provided, just skip to the 11:30 min mark to hear what I mean.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Prisco is utter trash.

If he actually knows what he's talking about, he's a good writer.

Unfortunately he usually doesn't know what he's talking about, but tries to sound like he does.

Case in point:

Keys for Seahawks, Pats
Prisco: CB Byron Maxwell has come up big for a thin Seattle secondary while DE Rob Ninkovich has earned his keep in New England. Both will be crucial Saturday. Story

We were down thurmond and browner but calling our secondary "thin" when A.) you have 3 other all-pro starters playing and B.) you have Lane and Maxwell available who played great last year and have played well all year when they've been in the game?

Gross ignorance.