Sherm's "activity" level

Rocket

Reaction score
So I'm watchin' the Angie and Warren show, and caught a few Sherman Sideline Shots™.

This kid HAS to be on adderall, legit for ADHD. He just has to.
Which is good.

Thoughts?

lsheldon

Reaction score
Sherman is a great athlete period. He played football at Stanford, but also was a track star there. He specialized in long jump, triple jump, and 110 meter hurdles. The man can jump. He is also a great student of the game and studies a ton of game film. I doubt there is a more knowledgeable corner on the Seahawks. He makes it look easy, but as has been said by Wilson, the separation is in the preparation...

UGotHawked

Reaction score
My thought is that I wish I hadn't opened this thread. :roll:

Killa Kam

Reaction score
or maybe he's a guy who just loves hanging with his teammates on the sidelines..

Hawks46

Reaction score
lsheldon":d0qvm12p said:
Sherman is a great athlete period. He played football at Stanford, but also was a track star there. He specialized in long jump, triple jump, and 110 meter hurdles. The man can jump. He is also a great student of the game and studies a ton of game film. I doubt there is a more knowledgeable corner on the Seahawks. He makes it look easy, but as has been said by Wilson, the separation is in the preparation...

Funny how he's a track star and he runs a high 4.5 at the combine. There must've been something wrong with him that day...he plays way faster than his 40 time and 4.5 guys don't stay with the speedier guys in the NFL like Sherman does.

As for him bouncing around on the sidelines: if I was in my mid 20's again, an elite athlete and making millions of dollars playing a game I love, you couldn't keep my ass still on the sidelines either. When I was in my early 20's and in the Marines, I had civilian friends who thought I was on drugs...I could go faster, harder, and stay up later than any of them with a ton less sleep. It's shocking (and sad) how much you lose from 20 to 40 years old. I almost don't even remember what it was like having that much energy.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Rocket":2ra35nl0 said:
So I'm watchin' the Angie and Warren show, and caught a few Sherman Sideline Shots™.

Which is good.

Thoughts?

Really? Ugh. :thgeterdone2:

suppaball

Reaction score
Hawks46":3fdxwkms said:
lsheldon":3fdxwkms said:

Funny how he's a track star and he runs a high 4.5 at the combine. There must've been something wrong with him that day...he plays way faster than his 40 time and 4.5 guys don't stay with the speedier guys in the NFL like Sherman does.

As for him bouncing around on the sidelines: if I was in my mid 20's again, an elite athlete and making millions of dollars playing a game I love, you couldn't keep my ass still on the sidelines either. When I was in my early 20's and in the Marines, I had civilian friends who thought I was on drugs...I could go faster, harder, and stay up later than any of them with a ton less sleep. It's shocking (and sad) how much you lose from 20 to 40 years old. I almost don't even remember what it was like having that much energy.
Yep in mid to late 30's and it's true. When i was in my twenties I could party all nite go work all day sleep 5 hours and be good to repeat every day. Now in bed by 9 to get up at 4 in morning tired by 5 at nite. It's just not fair.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Prepare for another energy dip in your mid-60s... I'm soon to be 65 late this month.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Hawks46":2d1fkbz6 said:

Some guys don't seem to lose any speed when they put pads on and some also seem to get faster when they have a guy out there they are competing against directly. Also, some seem to have a magical burst to close when the ball is in the air.

It seems like Sherm has all of these elements. He's also really good at preventing the receiver from reaching top speed.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Hawks46":1v202hmi said:
lsheldon":1v202hmi said:

Yeah, he had a middling 40 speed at the combine at 4.54, in comparison Harvin's speed was 4.41, so yeah there are faster receivers out there. Understanding receivers tendencies can help someone slower with that.

This is a video worth watching on Sherman that goes into his preparation. He's much smarter than people give him credit for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbQGlO0B5nY

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If Sherman is taking Adderall then I would hope he has a prescription for it. Even if he doesn't legitimately have ADD it's as simple as 1-3 doctor visits and maybe having to take a couple simple tests and a questionnaire that I'm sure he's capable of skewing in favor of a positive diagnosis. Hell I've heard of some people getting prescribed adderall by just making one appointment with their physician.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
Rocket":2xclgfb0 said:

Which is good.

Thoughts?
I'm sure someone with more ADHD experience can correct me here, but that's not how ADHD works. It tends to occur because a portion of the brain is processing slower than it should be. The brain overcompensates by hyperactivity to attempt to increase the processing rate. This is why people with ADHD can often focus better when they are doing another activity while learning (e.g. jumping on a trampoline, walking around, etc). Adderall and Ritalin are stimulants (Adderall is classified as an amphetamine). It seems counter intuitive to give stimulants to someone with ADHD, but their effect is to help raise the processing rate within the brain. That results in an outwardly calming effect on the rest of the body (because they are able to process without constant stimulation). So if Sherman has legit ADHD and he's on Adderall, he will appear calmer and more focused. If he does not have ADHD and is on Adderall he will appear like anyone else "normal" who has taken amphetamines.

So, basically, yeah no. I think he's just high energy, high on life, jacked and pumped, etc. I have a cousin who is like this, dude talks constantly, but he's not ADHD. If you've been around someone with severe and untreated ADHD vs someone who is just high energy, there is a definite contrast.

Hawk46":2xclgfb0 said:
In fairness, his 40 time has nothing to do with him being a track star. Long and triple jump are as much about power and quickness, and 110m hurdles is 70m longer than the 40 and involves as much timing and a powerful jump/first step as it does raw speed. That's the problem with the 40 - it's happening in a vacuum, but that's not how games are played. Timing, change of direction, hip/body control are just as (if not more) important that raw speed, and that's where his "track star" status translates.

Greenhell

Reaction score
suppaball":nyy3eocv said:
Hawks46":nyy3eocv said:
lsheldon":nyy3eocv said:

Yep in mid to late 30's and it's true. When i was in my twenties I could party all nite go work all day sleep 5 hours and be good to repeat every day. Now in bed by 9 to get up at 4 in morning tired by 5 at nite. It's just not fair.

Oh how I share the sentiment. I turn 41 in a few weeks and I have no idea what happened to 40 let alone my 20s. A fun night of drinking knocks my down for 3 days there after. :( :34853_doh:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
A guy who's a young athelete in incredible shape who loves to compete is on TV and in front of 70,000 screaming fans and you think he's bouncing around because drugs?

Jacklondon36

Reaction score
didn't he graduate high school with a 3.9 GPA and something like a 3.5 in College? Sounds to me like he's focusing his energy perfectly fine. Mentally and Physically ready to compete.