Kam Chancellor appreciation thread

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
What a fantastic season so far for number 31. Nothing warms the cockles of my cynical heart more than a pro athlete who comes out and plays better than ever right after signing a monster contract. He's clearly a team leader, he never missed a game. Played hurt last year. More than any other Seahawk, Kam sets the tone out there. I counted 2 plays in which the ball carrier saw him coming and just wilted. It happens every game.

He is playing very sound football too, not just going for the big hits. Big in the run game and showing big improvements in coverage. Absolutely everything you could want in a strong safety. I really think that if he and Earl stay tougher another 5+ years you have the all time best safety tandem.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1o75dpu8 said:
What a fantastic season so far for number 31. Nothing warms the cockles of my cynical heart more than a pro athlete who comes out and plays better than ever right after signing a monster contract. He's clearly a team leader, he never missed a game. Played hurt last year. More than any other Seahawk, Kam sets the tone out there. I counted 2 plays in which the ball carrier saw him coming and just wilted. It happens every game.

He is playing very sound football too, not just going for the big hits. Big in the run game and showing big improvements in coverage. Absolutely everything you could want in a strong safety. I really think that if he and Earl stay tougher another 5+ years you have the all time best safety tandem.

Seconded.

He's a grown a$$ man out there.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more!
Would like to see Kam's number hang'in in the rafters one day!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Chancellor is Easely reincarnated.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
He was a fifth round pick right? Because according to kiper it was a terrible pick so I'm just wondering if it's the same guy

vin.couve12

Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":ms4002ja said:
He was a fifth round pick right? Because according to kiper it was a terrible pick so I'm just wondering if it's the same guy

It's because he ran a 4.62 40 at the combine. Even though he's run as low as 4.47 it doesn't matter. As Schneider said, he plays fast so it's irrelevant.

IMO, some guys just have that predator instinct that makes them a lot faster on the field.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Strongly thinking about getting Kam's Jersey. I got a Home #12, #3, and a Grey #12. wanting a white Jersey and was going to get a Harvin but he's been hurt and I'm not sure which players will be around for a while. If we Resign Earl or Sherman in the off season could go that route too.

But Kam is making a strong case this season for me to want to wear his jersey. I kinda like how him and ET are all quite and Sherms is the loud mouth. really hard to see them splitting up.

chris98251

Reaction score
So all those that said he was done last year playing through his two injured ankles have made a retraction I take it.

Kam is so off the charts as far as his media mingling nobody thinks about him until he introduces himself. I think he does hit as hard as Easley, not the cover guy Kenny was but we don't ask him to cover WR's that much anyway. He's better at run support though, Kenny was a force in the secondary and we were heavy in the passing conference with Fouts, Stabler, Elway back then.

If he stays with Earl and they can continue to play together they will be highly ranked as will Sherman as a group, Maxwell may have earned himself a long term deal with his play as well and he is no slouch on the right side if Browner is truly done as many think as a Seahawk.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
After last year, I thought Kam was the weak link in the secondary, constantly out of position, and not a sound football player.

I was surprised when he was signed to an extension.

I'm glad I'm not in charge.

Turns out last year's problems were mostly injury-related, as Kam Chancellor was absolutely amazing this year and he improved by leaps and bounds.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I've been very impressed with Kam. Not just because of highlight reel hits on TE's and strong run support; almost any SS can do that, but when he went mano e mano on that guard and FOLDED the dude using only his shoulder...that there is man-crush material! Yes, he doesn't cover as well as Easley did, but, as others have already commented, his coverage has steadily improved. Our excellent secondary coaches -taking occasional rudder inputs from Pete- can stand up and take a bow for that.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
To me, Kam is every bit as impressive a player as Earl. It does not show up on the stat sheet, but Kam is a frigging all world strong safety in terms of the flexibility he affords us. They will line him up against offensive tackles in the run game, playing him like a 3-4 OLB. He is a true freak of nature and we were lucky to get him in the fifth round.

All the scouts said Kam was too big to play safety, that he was too slow to cover TEs down the seam. Sure, he's not the fastest guy on the field, but how many safeties can regularly stand up a 330lb offensive tackle, drive him three yards in to the backfield, and make the tackle for loss?

Furthermore, how many strong safeties can say they beat up Tony Gonzalez sufficiently enough to keep him from impacting the stats?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Kam is just coming into his prime too.

It'll be interesting/fun watching his career unfold, I think he's a real special player over shadowed (outside of Seattle) by equally special players.

Kam/ET/Sherm for 7+ more years please!

Latest posts