Us 12's game plan thread

Crizilla

Reaction score
Here in this thread us 12's will post our game plane for playoff game at SF. Mine is simple:
Flood the box to stop the run no matter what you can't let them run for well over 100 yards for a third time this season if you get beat by Purdy so be it. So be it.
Take shots down field if Walker isn't having success. Really no other option than rolling with DK and Locket.
Blitz Purdy on for sure pass plays no matter the down. See what rookie pressure does to him. If he handles it well then quickly back off the blitzing and play sound defense particularly in the red zone.

Last edited:

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Here in this thread us 12's will post our game plane for playoff game at SF. Mine is simple:
Flood the box to stop the run no matter what you can't let them run for well over 100 yards for a third time this season if you get beat by Purdy so be it. So be it.
Take shots down field if Walker isn't having success. Really no other option than rolling with DK and Locket.
Blitz Purdy on for sure pass plays no matter the down. See what rookie pressure does to him. If he handles it well then quickly back off the blitzing and play sound defense particularly in the red zone.
Watch highlights against Miami and Tampa Bay, they threw the sink at him with blitz and pressure. Kittle has something like 7 TDs in last 4 games. I think watching the over pursuing and trying more containment along with man to man down field might work. better.

seabowl

Reaction score
On offense: Quick passes!! Slants, outs. Spread the line of scrimmage.

On D: No zone!!!!!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We definitely have to sell out to stop the run especially if the weather forecast turns out to be correct. Also need to cover the flats better especially MacCaffery.

We can't lose contain on the edges on those Deebo type runs or when selling out on the pass rush like we've been known to do. Bruce Irvin, I'm looking at you.

We need to make Purdy beat us & hopefully the secondary holds up. 1 of their main weapons(Kittke, Deebo, Aiyuk or MacCaffery) going down for the game during the 1st series would also help the cause.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
We definitely have to sell out to stop the run especially if the weather forecast turns out to be correct. Also need to cover the flats better especially MacCaffery.

We can't lose contain on the edges on those Deebo type runs or when selling out on the pass rush like we've been known to do. Bruce Irvin, I'm looking at you.

We need to make Purdy beat us & hopefully the secondary holds up. 1 of their main weapons(Kittke, Deebo, Aiyuk or MacCaffery) going down for the game during the 1st series would also help the cause.
Had me right up to the part where you're hoping for injury.

Optimus25

Reaction score
We have to gamble at times to throw different looks at the rookie. He has one of the best offensive minds coaching him and it showed when he threw 2 TDs to Kittle and the play was so well orchestrated that Kittle was open by literally 10 yards for both touchdowns. But other than those plays, he didn’t strike me as some great QB commanding the offense and untouchable.

We have to go bend not break because of their weapons. If we can force a few FGs and answer with TDs, that’s the formula for winning. No big plays. Red zone defense. Geno moves the ball and doesn’t make mistakes so we control the clock. Strike in the red zone to produce TDs to their FGs.

This game will be won or lost i think on the basic, 20 yard starting line possessions. Does Geno move the ball enough to flip field position at least? 3 and outs from our 20 cannot happen in any form or fashion if we are to compete.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Take out Purdy's knees right off the bat so they have to play with Josh Johnson the whole time! Ha ha only joking. 😉 🙃 🤣

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I don't follow SC at all, as far as I know they have a rookie QB with a ton of weapons and a good D. I would just get in the QB's face, early, often, and (admittedly) a bit disrespectfully (smack talk). Make it personal, it's lose and go home time.

His weapons are gonna do what they do, Seattle's Defense better be awake. Seems like it could be one of those games Seattle shambles through (ex, Germany). The second halves are usually good, but always a little to late. I want to see them ready to go for a full, four quarters.

TLDR: Get after Purdy, he's the weak link (by default).

Spohawks

Reaction score
My personal game plan is to drink heavy. Not a real drinker but if there was ever a time to get loose...Saturday is that time!

BASF

Reaction score
Warning, incoming bad memories for those of us who were around to see the 1983 season:

You have been warned:

Back in the old days we finally did what I had been hoping for as a Seahawks fan that grew up in Raiders/Niners country when we swept the season series from the Raiders. Sure they had moved to LA the season prior, but they had swept us each game that we played the previous three seasons I was a fan. It was hard to put up with their obnoxious fans even as a child putting up with their children's taunts. So, '83 comes around and our offense was unstoppable against them. We scored 38 in the first game and 34 in the second as our defense dominated them to the tune of seven interceptions and ten (yes ten) forced fumbles. I was in heaven.

Then, came the conference championship game. Our defense still played fairly well with two interceptions and two forced fumbles, but Dave Krieg and Jim Zorn laid the biggest egg on the biggest stage possible with the Raiders smacking us in the mouth. A lot of the problems though was that we ran a lot of the same plays that they had already seen the previous two games. They outmuscled us and Krieg was benched with three interceptions. Their pass rush was helped by our play selection with longer routes. They dominated the time of possession and we continually shot ourselves in the foot.
We started to make some plays when they started to drop more into coverage as they were up four scores.

All in all it was one of the most horrible games I have ever witnessed to this day (I have never gone back and watched the "highlights" until just now, and it was horrible), but we can learn some things from that game. Just as the Raiders did, we need to get after their QB and sit the routes that we have seen them throw against us this season. Just as the Raiders did, we need to control the clock and keep their offense out of rhythm. Just as the Raiders did, we need to smack them in the mouth. Even if we skirt the line of dirty play, we have to make sure that they know at the end of the game that they were in a fight. The refs are usually more likely to "let them play" in the playoffs and we have to push the limits. On offense we need to run variations on the routes we have run against them. If the routes have been slant/hook/out we need to change one of them to get them questioning the film that they have studied.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score

Check whatever weather service you want.

Weather Underground predicts a 92 percent chance of precipitation or more from 7 a.m. through 6 p.m. in Santa Clara on Saturday with at least 10-plus mile per hour winds, and heavy gusts throughout.

AccuWeather offers a 98 percent chance of precipitation (and 1.30 inches of rain) during the day with winds around 14 MPH and gusts up to 29 MPH, with a “significant risk of power outages and flooding.”

The Weather Channel has a 100 percent chance of rain, which “may reach an inch,” with winds ranging between 10-15 MPH.

Link >>> https://www.knbr.com/2023/01/10/49ers-notebook-wild-weather-in-store-for-saturday/

seahawks08

Reaction score
Geno should by now know how defenses are playing him. He needs to change it up and keep the defense earning. This is his money game. We cannot allow penalties and everyone should win their one on one battles. I would move DK around but will not use him for deep routes, I would instead make rookies or Deejay to slip behind the linebackers or go deep. Geno should have design plays where he can move away from Bosa and Fred. A design is where the Oline doubles on one side but Geno gets to peel off the pressure.
No stupid or procedural or delay of game or false start penalties. Be disciplined, don’t force it to DK, DK will find space if Geno moves. Don’t climb the pocket as their interior D line is good and gets pressure.
Defense rush 4, watch for Kirtle Debi and Mcafferty. Tackle on hip or shoulder. You can allow the runner to fall forward to gain additional 3 yards. This adds up.
Special teams need to be sharp.
Ken Walker needs to execute and commit to holes behind the blocks.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Samuel is hurt. Make him beat you. Don't let Christian McCaffrey destroy you.