Byron Maxwell named starting CB

Atradees

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10202246/walter-thurmond-seattle-seahawks-return-suspension

Its competition baby!

I didnt see this posted. Congrates to Maxwell for growing so quickly. May he have many more interceptions.

bilde

WellSeattleSeahawksvSanFranciscouoQwL7b0IkYl

mistaowen

Reaction score
WT3 was solid as a nickel and I think this move makes sense even if it's just to get him back to speed. Maxwell is long and big and fits the starting CB role better than Thurmond. He obviously has shown a lack of playing time by getting beat off the line more than we'd like, but he is learning and has fantastic ball skills. If he can continue to grow as Sherm did and be able to jam at the line and play like a WR when the ball is in the air, our secondary is even more scary. Couple that with WT3 being a VERY solid nickel corner and Jeremy Lane making some awesome tackles for such a skinny guy. I guess if BMax works out, all offenses can do is hope to pass against our LB.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Something I heard John Clayton say that made a lot of sense when asked if Thurmond would just automatically get his starting gig back, he said no, Walter is going to have to earn it. Earn their trust back, work hard for the opportunity win it back.

Nothing handed to you with Pete's teams!

But congrats Maxwell! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
mistaowen":y7n44lmp said:
WT3 was solid as a nickel and I think this move makes sense even if it's just to get him back to speed. Maxwell is long and big and fits the starting CB role better than Thurmond. He obviously has shown a lack of playing time by getting beat off the line more than we'd like, but he is learning and has fantastic ball skills. If he can continue to grow as Sherm did and be able to jam at the line and play like a WR when the ball is in the air, our secondary is even more scary. Couple that with WT3 being a VERY solid nickel corner and Jeremy Lane making some awesome tackles for such a skinny guy. I guess if BMax works out, all offenses can do is hope to pass against our LB.

:thmusik36:

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought any different. Maxwell has been outstanding to say the least. As well as lane. Just like last season when the two got their chances. I actually would like to see Lane stay in as nickel. He's played that well.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I like Thurmond over Maxwell and browner over both of them.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Just what I predicted and hoped for. Maxwell keeps his starting spot (you earned it buddy). But the addition of Thurmond as a nickel should help out well, not that Lane was bad or anything. Can't wait!!!

WeakBeak

Reaction score
Least we have depth at the nickel position. Why not just ru n the dime and have all of em out there.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Just like to point out that Seattle's 2011 5th and 6th round picks are now both starting CB's.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3bg8oihp said:
This.
Not a fan of Maxwell, especially after giving up that jump ball for a TD, you know that wouldn't happen with Browner

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pstark3":3e215e5b said:
Chukarhawk":3e215e5b said:
This.
Not a fan of Maxwell, especially after giving up that jump ball for a TD, you know that wouldn't happen with Browner

So a ball that he played to perfection, and was just an amazing catch by Floyd just can't be chalked up to Floyd making a really great play?

For real?

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Well earned.

Two years in, he is the single most improved player I have ever seen in a Hawks uniform. His rookie year, the guy was awful. I thought that it was a travesty that he made the roster last year, and was a waste of a draft pick.

Wow was I wrong. Good on ya Maxwell! You've earned a fan in me!

Latest posts