Byron Maxwell named starting CB

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":2g2whiav said:
Pstark3":2g2whiav said:
Chukarhawk":2g2whiav said:
I like Thurmond over Maxwell and browner over both of them.
This.
Not a fan of Maxwell, especially after giving up that jump ball for a TD, you know that wouldn't happen with Browner

So a ball that he played to perfection, and was just an amazing catch by Floyd just can't be chalked up to Floyd making a really great play?

For real?
Kind of wondered the same or if I were insane. Who knows I could very well be insane....

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Bmax played that ball as well as anyone could. I just love browners physical play. He lays the wood and people start hearing footsteps and dropping balls. He's a monster in run support and when he loses a step you just move him to safety. I want him back.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
That was an incredible catch by Floyd. Ya gotta give him that, not beat down on Maxwell whom had great coverage. Even hit the ball twice. C'mon man!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Can't disagree. I too am a fan of Browner and his physicality. Reminds me of Lott and that Denver safety Steve Atwater just a bit.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Browner was great for us, but that train has left the station. Maxwell has the physicality down, have you seen him mugging the WR's out there?!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1clhywpx said:
Browner was great for us, but that train has left the station. Maxwell has the physicality down, have you seen him mugging the WR's out there?!
I don't think so. He wins his appeal and we get him back at a huge discount. Pete loves BB.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":br1f5rfd said:
OkieHawk":br1f5rfd said:
I don't think so. He wins his appeal and we get him back at a huge discount. Pete loves BB.

I'll agree to disagree on that.

drdiags

Reaction score
Throwdown":15jc1ard said:
Pstark3":15jc1ard said:
Chukarhawk":15jc1ard said:
I like Thurmond over Maxwell and browner over both of them.
This.
Not a fan of Maxwell, especially after giving up that jump ball for a TD, you know that wouldn't happen with Browner

So a ball that he played to perfection, and was just an amazing catch by Floyd just can't be chalked up to Floyd making a really great play?

For real?

Plus it seems that the TY Hilton TD against Browner was forgotten. Same type of route and result.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2jc1yg72 said:
Chukarhawk":2jc1yg72 said:
OkieHawk":2jc1yg72 said:

I'll agree to disagree on that.
We will see. But which are you disagreeing with?
1. Browner winning his appeal?
2. Resigning him at below market?
3. Him possibly going to safety?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":mw723kum said:

Him remaining as a Seahawk.

Seafan

Reaction score
BB isn't going to win his appeal. Seriously? He'd have a better chance at winning a law suit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seafan":2ebr5pbm said:
BB isn't going to win his appeal. Seriously? He'd have a better chance at winning a law suit.
He will win the lawsuit that's a given. With that the appeal is irrelevant unless the NFL actually announced something officially? And not by Twitter?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":24x5y4l9 said:
KCHawkGirl":24x5y4l9 said:

Him remaining as a Seahawk.
Ok...explain please. Seriously I may have missed the latest news.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":faaz9508 said:
Seafan":faaz9508 said:
He will win the lawsuit that's a given. With that the appeal is irrelevant unless the NFL actually announced something officially? And not by Twitter?

This. The NFL seriously messed up, but even with that said I seriously don't see him remaining with the team. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think so.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3m5ovbxm said:
KCHawkGirl":3m5ovbxm said:
Seafan":3m5ovbxm said:

This. The NFL seriously messed up, but even with that said I seriously don't see him remaining with the team. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think so.
Fair enough.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Sorry excuse the brevity I'm on a stupid iPad and typing anything is arduous. I meant I think a judge will issue an injunction that will allow him to play while this plays out in court with the NFL looking really bad. BB will be viewed as a risk by the rest of the league and we will re sign him at a big discount with clauses to protect us from big cap hit.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Moving Browner to safety seems like a good idea....until you mention the fact that he would be a backup to a couple of top 5 safeties and never crack the starting lineup again. Where is the value in that?

Throwdown

Reaction score
physicality? YOU WANT PHYSICALITY??

[youtube]Znkz-XYhAQ4[/youtube]

this is why B-Max was my Adopt-a-rookie after the 2011 draft! He will mess you up.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":37mzy6n1 said:
Sorry excuse the brevity I'm on a stupid iPad and typing anything is arduous. I meant I think a judge will issue an injunction that will allow him to play while this plays out in court with the NFL looking really bad. BB will be viewed as a risk by the rest of the league and we will re sign him at a big discount with clauses to protect us from big cap hit.
Thanks for explaining your position more clearly. It's basically identical to my view.:)

@Curry, not sure it's actually of direct value to us but it would be for Browner and you never know...