Merrill Hoge...

Hawkboi

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":2rk5qno8 said:
For the second week in a row, Merrill Hoge is the only one to pick against us on ESPN. Can't knock him, he was correct last week.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

He's a jerk!!! I really don't like him and this week we will prevail and prove him wrong!!! :thfight7:

I'm really embarrased he's from Idaho... :oops:

12thManNorth

Reaction score
It's all good, he's behind a few games with 1 week left so he had to go off the grid to try and make up some ground. You'll notice he's one of the few to pick AZ over SF, KC over SD, and the Jets over Miami as well. I imagine he doesn't ACTUALLY believe STL is gonna come in here and win that game

A

Anonymous

I think Hoge is a good tele-strator/play-diagram guy and I enjoy the shows where they break down plays and coverages. Throw all the ex-player pundits together and he's probably in my top five of the "worth listening to" football TV dudes.

He dresses like a pimp though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Every week there at least one analyst that goes against the grain on all these shows, especially late in the year. It usually has to do with them being behind the other analysts for the year in picks, so it's not like Hoge is Nostradamus or something.

IMO pick-em segments on radio and TV are the most worthless part of sports talk. It's almost narcissistic to me that these guys think fans care who they think will win the game, when every year they all go like .500 or below........which is no better than any of us could do. Most of the time, it's worse.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think the natural pessimism of being a Seahawk fan is showing through here. Instead of taking solace and confidence from everyone else picking us, people are suspicious and worry that this guy knows something.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1p51mdfk said:
When walking down the store isle and you pass by the douches, do you care?

There's a joke here somewhere.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
That's not surprising. Hodge usually makes his prediction bases on the running game. In most cases, he choses the team that is running the ball well and taking advantage of the short passes to keep the chains moving. That's what the Tards did, and the Rams have the same philosophy though they are less effective at it; however, for this game, I think he's picking AGAINST the Seahawks because they haven't run the ball well for several games. He probably doesn't like Bevell's all-or-nothing predictability either.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well, he was right last week and if our offense doesn't improve than he could be right again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":6qphe6kq said:
Well, he was right last week and if our offense doesn't improve than he could be right again.
A broken clock is right twice a day too.

irocdave

Reaction score
It's the guys opinion. The Hawks haven't proven lately they can get it done on offense against good defensives...why bitch about a national guy seeing this and forming his opinion? Debating the guys opinion is the type of crap that makes our fanbase look bad. Suck it up and see what happens.