Week 17 and What May Come Beyond

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Who do you want to WIN?

Shaping The Play-Off Picture:
Rams @ Seahawks (Seahawks, 13-3 = Rams 7-9)
49ers @ Cards (Cards, 11-5 = 49ers, 11-5)
Panthers @ Falcons (Panthers, 12-4)
Bucs @ Saints (Saints, 11-5)
Packers @ Bears (Packers 8-7-1= Bears 8-8 )
Eagles @ Cowboys (Cowboys, 9-7 = Eagles 9-7)

1st Seed: Seahawks (Bye)
2nd Seed: Panthers (Bye)
6th Seed: 49ers @ 3rd Seed: Cowboys (49ers)
5th Seed: Saints @ 4th Seed: Packers (Saints)

49ers @ Seahawks
Saints @ Panthers

I want it this way b/c Cowboys will be an easy opponent and not much of a test for the 49ers (offensively w/o Romo nor defensively), and if by chance the 49ers beat the Seahawks in Seattle, I really don't see them beating the Panther or Saints on the road for what would be the 4th straight week. Making their Quest for Six near impossible.

If Seahawks win over the 49ers, Panthers nor Saints scare me in Seattle in the NFC CG atmosphere and ruckus.

Shaping The Draft Order As Best Possible:

First off, a Cardinals win + Saints win would automatically slot the the Cards out of the Post Season and into the 20th selection.

Secondly, I want both Texans (to keep Titans at 6 wins) and Redskins to win (to keep from getting the No. 1 Draft Pick as well as keep the Giants at 6 wins).

Thirdly, I would want every other team that is 7-8 or 6-9 to lose unless (1.) they play each other then I would want the team w/ the lower record to win OR (2.) If those teams play a 4 win team, then I want the 4 win team to lose.

As a Result, hopefully this would keep the Redskins from giving the Rams a top 3 pick, as well as keep the Ram's own pick further down the selection process. Effin Redskins and that trade.

JonRud

Reaction score
I would like to see the Eagles win the East. If SF plays at the NFC East winner I prefer it be Philly as they would at least have some chance to beat them.

SF would destroy Dallas and I would like to see SF knocked out of the playoffs ASAP. They are the 2nd best NFC team so best to avoid them if at all possible.

Will I

Reaction score
JonRud":3jex74q0 said:
I would like to see the Eagles win the East. If SF plays at the NFC East winner I prefer it be Philly as they would at least have some chance to beat them.

SF would destroy Dallas and I would like to see SF knocked out of the playoffs ASAP. They are the 2nd best NFC team so best to avoid them if at all possible.

I agree, I think Philly has the best chance to run up the score beyond Krapernicks capability to keep pace. Matt Ryan and the hopeless Falcons almost went in to SF and pulled the carpet from underneath them. And from what I've seen, Phillys offense is much better this season.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I hope the Eagles beat the Cowboys. The Buc's beat the saints and the AZ beats the Niners.

That would put two NFC west teams in the playoffs and mean one of them will likely be playing a 10:am east coast playoff game. I know it's probably a 90% chance it's AZ but that's better odds than if it is two east coast teams.

I also think the Eagles have a much better shot at beating the Niners than the Romoless Cowboys.

The flip side to that would be if the Saints do win (likely) that would leave all east coast (ish) teams beside the Niners and maybe cause a 10am start in the second round if the Niners got past the Eagles.

Either way I would love to see the Niners have to play a team at the early start like we did last year. Especially considering they only had two all this year and last year while we have played 10 at the 10am time slot in the same period. 4 vs 10, kind of crazy isn't it. Pretty amazing what we have accomplished so far this year. Hopefully we keep getting these happy surprises all the way.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I want to see the following results...
Seahawks over Rams
49ers over Cardinals (naturally I'll be rooting hard against this as it happens since our game won't be determined, but if I could pick every single game to result to my liking, this is where mine would be)
Saints over Bucs
Eagles over Cowboys
Falcons over Panthers
Packers over Bears

This would result in
#6 Carolina at #3 Philadelphia
#5 San Fran at #4 Green Bay
#2 New Orleans bye
#1 Seattle bye

It would create real chances at elimination for both Carolina and San Francisco in the first round. If we ended up with home games against Green Bay and New Orleans, and that was all we had to contend with to win the NFC, that would be perhaps the easiest path possible.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't want the easiest path for us per say... I definately want the 49ers again in Seattle. Their fans have made too much out of their last minute, 2 point win in San Fran and continuously detract our team's accomplisments. I want the Seahawks to be the one to knock the 49ers out and their fans resent us as we march towards our 1st Lombardi.

I'm also not sold on Newton nor Kapernick handling the Clink crowd in Play-Off mode. And Brees it seems can't pass against great pass defenses and the Saints don't scare me on the road coming up here again.

The two teams that scare me most is Philly and Arizona. I don't know if Foles is the real deal, QBs like him have exploited our defense at times, see Glennon, Luck. And Arizona beat us @ Home despite 4 turnovers (they had a little help from the refs on some things but their defense absolutely destroyed us). I rather not see either team.

Ultimately, I just rather have San Fran in that 6th seed and let them come to Seattle. And again if by some chance 49ers beat us, I don't seem them getting past Saints or Panthers in their 4th straight week on the road. And that's the two things I want from this post-season:

1. Seahawks to win the Lombardi
2. 49ers not to win the NFC

Also, it wouldn't be a bad consolation prize for the Colts to win Week 17, and have all Seahawks losses be to teams with 11-5 records with 2 coming on the Road, and 2 being gritty Divisional Games that could have gone either way.

And that game in Charlotte, Week 1, looks about right with the Seahawks being 13-3 and Panthers being 12-4. I still remember people saying we barely beat a horrible team, or average at best team that day.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see the Hawks, Cards, and Bucs win. That way, the 1st, 5th, and 6th playoff spots will be filled by the NFC Best. Also, I think it would be sweet for the Hawks to have the opportunity beat both the Cards and the 49ers on the way to the Super Bowl.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":1vf13qyb said:
Personally, I'd like to see the Hawks, Cards, and Bucs win. That way, the 1st, 5th, and 6th playoff spots will be filled by the NFC Best. Also, I think it would be sweet for the Hawks to have the opportunity beat both the Cards and the 49ers on the way to the Super Bowl.
so you must be married to a dominatrix huh?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think it'll be as follows -- and I'm talking like we beat the Rams, although after last week I'm petrified about Sunday's game.

Wild card:

Saints @ Eagles
Packers @ 49ers

Divisional round:

Eagles @ Panthers
49ers @ Seahawks

I'm not a big fan of this setup. I'd rather avoid the Niners altogether if possible, just because they are without doubt (IMO) the toughest opponent we'd face in the playoffs. I'd also rather avoid any 'Fail Mary' revenge stuff with the Packers.

Ideally, Chicago beats the Packers this weekend and then somehow does a number on the 49ers -- sending the Bears to Seattle. I fancy that. Plus we haven't had our annual meeting with Chicago yet.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
I agree with the Englishman. Lol! Just about perfectly. Let me add this thought:

Aaron Rodger revenge tour 2013.

He revenges against the bears for busting his damn collarbone

He revenges against the damn 9ers for beating them out of the playoffs the last 2 damn years.

By now the media and all the football idiots everywhere see what I already see.

Next up on Aaron Rodgers revenge your is off to Deattle and the damn fail Mary 2 bowl!

I would shit on my damn self lol

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3btn8e00 said:
BobcatHawk":3btn8e00 said:
so you must be married to a dominatrix huh?

Naw, I just think that the physical style of football played by all three teams lead to very entertaining games...

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I want to see the Hawks beat the Rams on Sunday. The rest will sort itself out. A large and very hot fire needs to be lit under the collective asses of our offense big time. Otherwise we're one and done.