Brock and Danny - Pete coming on in a few minutes

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the broadcast, lots of good stuff, and it's nice I can get it on TuneIn since I live in Florida.

Just wanted to let those lingering around that Pete's coming on to do his monday morning show in a few minutes.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":hqe5puo3 said:
I hope he is asked why Christine Michael can't get on the field

He's answered that before.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":9thfppq4 said:
I hope he is asked why Christine Michael can't get on the field

That question has been asked and answered on more than one occasion this year...the answer is that he has problems with his protections. A RB who can't protect the QB isn't going to climb the depth chart very quickly, especially here and now. We are not the best team at pass protection as it is. It's one thing we can't afford to be worse at.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete's not making excuses...says we are definitely struggling on offense and that they just aren't making plays when we need them. Asked about Michael as SOME here wanted to hear and he said....Michael was dressed because Turbin was sore and they were playing it safe, but said that Michael will get his shot in the future.....He added that Michael WILL BE a really good football player....this tells me that he sees what many see and that would be his explosive ability but he's still having issues with protection. I wouldn't be surprised to see him better at that by the start of next season, it's just a matter of time.

Nothing new on Harvin

2_0_6

Reaction score
Russell was in studying at the facility at 4am per Pete watching film and making adjustments.

After 30+ starts, everyone will have a clunker at somepoint.

getnasty

Reaction score
Pete should be a politician, he never answers anything.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Okung has a sore toe, don't know if he'll be alright until later in the week, but he did go back in the game and play so that's a good sign.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
getnasty":3i77ikf6 said:
Pete should be a politician, he never answers anything.

It's true. My question got asked as the #AskPete question from Twitter last week and I was only left with greater confusion by his answer.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":lh4m9yk6 said:
Okung has a sore toe, don't know if he'll be alright until later in the week, but he did go back in the game and play so that's a good sign.

Somewhat of a good sign, but a piece of anecdotal evidence to the contrary would be Wagner getting hurt at Indy, going back into the game, and then being out the next week. Think Unger had the same sequence against Jacksonville too.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Do you guys actually think its unreasonable to hope/expect that a team that is hugely struggling on offense would at least attempt to get something out of a second round pick who has demonstrated tremendous explosive playmaking ability as recently as the preseason? You really think I am out of line thinking that a playmaker like Michael could possibly help this offense right now if given a few touches here and there?

If he's not good in pass pro, give him a handoff. Call a screen pass for him. I don't think anyone on here has ever suggested he replace Lynch and be the every-down running back.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Said on the play where Wilson threw the ball to doug and doug dropped the ball falling down and got hurt, Wilson & Lynch thought it was 1st down instead of 3rd cause the referee pointed/signaled as is or something like that then over turned it (about the time they were already in the huddle), so that's why Wilson didn't run for the 1st instead of throwing it. Wilson tried to make a big play thinking it was 1st down.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was glad that he explained that 3rd and 1 where Wilson had an easy first down scrambling and ended up throwing a difficult pass to Baldwin that wasn't caught and ended up having to punt. For those who didn't listen, basically, an official on the field had originally signaled 1st down after the 2nd down play and that Lynch and Wilson both saw that. They then huddled up, called the play, but never noticed the official quickly reversing his call and saying it was 3rd and short. When Wilson scrambled out, in his mind it was 1st and 10, therefor he didn't want to just run for a yard when he could throw for 10 yards.

The Outfield

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1k7n9wkc said:
Said on the play where Wilson threw the ball to doug and doug dropped the ball falling down and got hurt, Wilson & Lynch thought it was 1st down instead of 3rd cause the referee pointed/signaled as is or something like that then over turned it (about the time they were already in the huddle), so that's why Wilson didn't run for the 1st instead of throwing it. Wilson tried to make a big play thinking it was 1st down.

That's good to know, but unfortunate looking back. Refs effed us over again.

Latest posts