Thoughts from the game, having been at it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
So I went to the game today for my sons 21st birthday, we had great seats and could see everything.

So notes

1. the 12th man was indeed loud, very loud 137+ decibel level according to the board.
2. the refs did indeed suck, while I will not blame them for the loss, I have not seen some any bad calls, and non calls in a long long time.
3. Rw was indeed off, but not as off as you might think but off.
4. Our Wr were not getting open most of the time, and there were at least 3 balls that should have been caught, Baldwins being one, and when Rw was scrambling they were not moving at all.
5.Thee play calling g was pathetic, 1 wr screen that gets god yards but then nothing. Very few quick throws, or crossing patterns. Very conservative and predictable.
6. The defense was huge today, of course except when it mattered and we had the lead, a pattern of sorts with them.
7. Turbin should not be returning kicks at all.
8. O-line could not run block, and could barely pass block when ore than 3 guys were coming
9. Lynch left a lot of yards on the field making the wrong cut or waiting.
10. Penalties yet a gain cost us a lot.
11. Lack of any adjustments at all.

The biggest issue to me is play calling and lack of adjustments.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Good observations!

I agree with a lot of this even after watching on the TV.

This point really stands out to me though:

4. Our Wr were not getting open most of the time, and there were at least 3 balls that should have been caught, Baldwins being one, and when Rw was scrambling they were not moving at all.

I thought I saw some plays today especially when they did the replays from different angles where our receivers were kind of just standing next to their man when they got to the end of their route? Didn't see them make any cuts back towards Russel or anything it's like they gave up on it. Hard to tell how much this was occurring while watching from TV.

But if this was a regular occurrence in this game makes me wonder what the heck is going on with our team right now?

I agree with poor offensive play calling and lack of adjustments, this has been worrying me pretty much all season even though we've had some nice games.