Turbin

Giblien

Reaction score
Anyone else ready to bench Turbin in favor of Michael? Turbin doesn't have the big play potential that Michael has. I know Turbin is a better blocker, but his ball security today was atrocious. He looked like he was trying to hold on to a ball of ice with Teflon gloves.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum has been speaking about this for the last 4+ weeks. The blame is on Pete Carroll and no one else. When 9 out of 10 fans can see that Turbin is a bum who trips over himself… and now fumbles the ball… by himself. Sorry, this ones on Pete. Put CMIKE IN NOW.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I wish we had a place to discuss Turb. Do you guys even look at the forum when you have an idea?

Jville

Reaction score
Wow three threads on this subject now. Anyone care to add a fourth?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I don't think he's a bum, he hits the holes very fast but seems to stumble over himself or get single arm tackled way too easily. Needs to add about 115lbs to his lower body. I'm all about some CMike just give him a shot and I'll bet he proves us right.

The Radish

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":23uawl4n said:
I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum has been speaking about this for the last 4+ weeks. The blame is on Pete Carroll and no one else. When 9 out of 10 fans can see that Turbin is a bum who trips over himself… and now fumbles the ball… by himself. Sorry, this ones on Pete. Put CMIKE IN NOW.

Dave,,,great avatar!

:th2thumbs:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with tubrin...
Just put in Michael. one game.... so he can either do awesome and we can say told ya so, or he can fail and we can say.. ummm. Put in turbin LOL

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What is wrong with Turbin is that he should have never been used that way.

He wasn't/isn't a good kick returner.

He is a guy that can get through the line fast, for 2-3 yards. That is both his ceiling and floor. On a 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 1 he can be surprisingly useful, more so because Lynch has a longer wait to get up to speed so he isn't a gimmee on those short yardage carries (unless near the endzone).

Turbin can also receive the ball and run well with it. So he can be a threat if you use him that way, but asking him to field kickoffs is brutally misguided.

Blaming him for that one is like blaming me for missing a FG, it would be your fault for asking me to kick it in the first place.

Seaswab

Reaction score
How about atleast an explanation as to what our 2nd round pick is doing to merit any playing time

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't mean to be that guy because I feel like I'm in fairly good spirits after the loss but I've never liked Turbin, nor do I think he will be necessary to resign. I cannot understand for the life of me why Pete ever thought it was a good idea to have him returning kicks other than trying to keep Tate healthy, if anything.

Zorn76

Reaction score
I like Turbin.

But not as a kickoff returner.

He was benched as one after what happened, and I'm guessing it stays that way.

Sturm

Reaction score
I'm cool with Dougie Fresh returning kicks until Percy gets back. He sure looks like he has more vision back there than Turbo does.