Truly fascinating Russell Wilson stat

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Since being named starter a year ago.. Russell Wilson has started 31 games (including playoffs)

He is 23-8 as a starting quarterback.. the 8 games he has lost as a starter?

Not one loss by more than a touchdown.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It says a lot about RW but also says a lot about the defense. Both have been very impressive when the game is on the line.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The Outfield":3hatxs06 said:
It says a lot about RW but also says a lot about the defense. Both have been very impressive when the game is on the line.

Partly agree as the defense has kept us in the games, but how many of those losses would have been wins had the defense held late in the games? Off the top of my head, I can think of 4: Detroit, Miami, Atlanta, SF (last week). I would also count the Chicago game even though it was a win, because they blew that one too.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ov0xf78 said:
The Outfield":2ov0xf78 said:

Partly agree as the defense has kept us in the games, but how many of those losses would have been wins had the defense held late in the games? Off the top of my head, I can think of 4: Detroit, Miami, Atlanta, SF (last week). I would also count the Chicago game even though it was a win, because they blew that one too.

Conversely there have been times when the D has stepped up after the offense has faltered. Rams road game for example.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3ad8tby5 said:
Seanhawk":3ad8tby5 said:
The Outfield":3ad8tby5 said:

Conversely there have been times when the D has stepped up after the offense has faltered. Rams road game for example.

I gave the D their due in my post, but the way the Rams game finished was them doing what they're supposed to do and it would have resulted in wins in the games I mentioned above and a regulation win in Chicago.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The other teams offense arent going to roll over and die because it's the Seahawks. They have good players too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wouldn't say "truly fascinating"...............more like mildly interesting with a hint of;

Thingsthatmakeyougohmm

jblaze

Reaction score
Pretty cool stat. Says a lot about the defense.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
October 2, 2009 (1,533 Days Ago)

Virginia Tech 41 North Carolina State 30

This is the last time that a Russell Wilson led football team lost by more than 7 points.

It is also the last time that Russell Wilson has lost a football game on his home field.

Ummmmmmmm, wow.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1qros1gw said:
The Outfield":1qros1gw said:

Why does everyone count MIAMI in this category. It's completely false. The offense DID NOT do enough to win that game. They had the ball in a tied game with a chance to kick the winning FG. instead they got sacked and had to punt. To which then the defense fell apart and gave up the FG>

But to say the offense did their job is false. It was tied. It's the 2nd game that season that RW didn't come through for the win (AZ and MIA). DET, ATL and SF are the only 3 in which the defense was given a late lead and let it slip.

ceej22

Reaction score
This is great but this is more on the defense than Wilson. Especially considering many of those games were scores under 20 pts. I'd be willing to put more of this on Wilson if our defense was giving up 25 pts per game. A few of those games we could say they offense wasn't good at all losing with scores like 13-6, 19-13, 20-16, and 19-17. Opponents only scored more than 24 in two of those losses (regular season).

I love Wilson as much as the next guy but let's settle down a bit here and give praise where praise is due.

plyka

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2v0n9qif said:
The Outfield":2v0n9qif said:

We do understand that the Seahawks defense is the best in the NFL, but they are not invincible. They allowed 3 points last week to the niners, IN THE ENTIRE 2ND HALF! To shut down a team like that is an incredible performance. The blame in that game must squarely be on the back of the offense. They scored 3 points, WOW. Our offense needs to play a bit better than that.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
When you have a good ball control offense (they are/were a top 5 rushing team last year and this year) it ends up making most games close, then you add in a defense that is top 5 in most categories and you get close games.

Russell Wilson is definitely part of the equation in those games, but so are a lot of other ingredients. Trust me, as much as I don't want to say it, this team will have some bombs over Russell's career, it always happens, but I will enjoy these games while I can.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ceej22":3e57c232 said:
This is great but this is more on the defense than Wilson. Especially considering many of those games were scores under 20 pts. I'd be willing to put more of this on Wilson if our defense was giving up 25 pts per game. A few of those games we could say they offense wasn't good at all losing with scores like 13-6, 19-13, 20-16, and 19-17. Opponents only scored more than 24 in two of those losses (regular season).

I love Wilson as much as the next guy but let's settle down a bit here and give praise where praise is due.
So, Wilson had no part in OUT SCORING his opponents?, it's all due to the Defense keeping the opponents from coming back?.......okay.

ceej22

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3uae3mih said:
ceej22":3uae3mih said:

So, Wilson had no part in OUT SCORING his opponents?, it's all due to the Defense keeping the opponents from coming back?.......okay.

Umm in those games he didn't out score the opponents. Thought we were talking about losses here.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2oo3yun7 said:
I wouldn't say "truly fascinating"...............more like mildly interesting with a hint of;

Thingsthatmakeyougohmm

It's fascinating to me because even the great QB's will be on the opposite end of an ass whipping every now and then.

I'm sure eventually he will have a double digit loss (hopefully not any time soon), but for now.. this is incredible to me. But yeah also speaks volumes to the defensive play in that.. this team just does not get blown out and even when they play crappy, they're in striking distance of winning the game.

captSE

Reaction score
There's more than one name that can be inserted in the title.......especially when head coach interviews, for example, start up lol.