NY Weather

capncrunch

Reaction score
Showmeyourtd's":xdk8rc3h said:
Does anyone know if it will be super snowy? http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12 ... -york?lite

Snowy games make me nervous in away games, i have nightmares of the beating we took in GB a while back in snowy weather after going up 14-0.

Weather Channel for East Rutherford, NJ

Day Dec 15
Rain / Snow

36°FHigh

Rain / Snow

Chance of precip:
70%

Wind:
NNW at 12 mph

Humidity:
73%

UV Index:
1 - Low

JonRud

Reaction score
Showmeyourtd's":12sj2c1t said:
Does anyone know if it will be super snowy? http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12 ... -york?lite

Snowy games make me nervous in away games, i have nightmares of the beating we took in GB a while back in snowy weather after going up 14-0.

Wouldn't worry about that comparison. The 2007 team was a very soft, finesse team that could not run the ball at all and relied solely on the pass. In bad weather we can just run all day with #24, #22 and #3 and grind it out.

hawksmode

Reaction score
I hope it is just rainy and cold...we can then just run the ball and eat up the clock to keep their offense off the field. NY is playing for nothing ( well, maybe pride )

The Seahawks better destroy them...or just control the whole game as explained above :)

tdlabrie

Reaction score
If it's rainy and cold I have to believe that, with the Giants being such a pass-happy team and us being a run-first team, the weather is going to help us.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
Snow in New Jersey=Super Bowl practice. High of 36 with 70% chance of snow. Glad I'm home watching this one.

seahawksny

Reaction score
kinesmajor":2fz0wfjf said:
Snow in New Jersey=Super Bowl practice. High of 36 with 70% chance of snow. Glad I'm home watching this one.

I was thinking of going- 70%?? i think you just changed my mind

mikeak

Reaction score
kinesmajor":19pt0ukd said:

+1

The best thing with this game is practice if we make it to the superbowl

Fixed it for my self: When we make the superbowl

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JonRud":5c6cnhkk said:
Showmeyourtd's":5c6cnhkk said:

Wouldn't worry about that comparison. The 2007 team was a very soft, finesse team that could not run the ball at all and relied solely on the pass. In bad weather we can just run all day with #24, #22 and #3 and grind it out.

Correction...with #22 we can expect to run 1-3 yards and fall down at the first hint of contact and/or chalk line.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It's gonna be nasty, but not much different from what we've got up here. I don't know if the Seahawks practice outside or not.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Weather channel saying less than an inch of snow over the weekend with a rain/snow mix.

The lake effect snow usually pounds the upstate portion of New York, not the NYC area

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawks46":3udcgnqg said:
NY can't run the ball, so this is going to favor us.

Not necessarily. They've improved with Andre Brown back.

Run D will still have to show up

OrFan

Reaction score
According to wunderground it will be cloudy, 35 degrees, and a 20% chance of precipitation at game time. Snow, rain, and freezing rain in the morning, but should be finished, cold and cloudy by noon.

The other part of the forecast called for severe pain with prolonged losing for the home team.

muxpux

Reaction score
MdHawk225":3bgcr92h said:
Sunday is clear with a high of 36...according to accuweather

done ever trust Accuweather. seriously. they are forecasting sunny and a high of 44 here for Jan 24th 2014. also, snow and a high of 51 for Xmas. they are a joke.

the National Weather Service has a high of 39, and a 40% chance of rain/snow. my guess would be chilly rain, as the games at 1pm, close to the "warmest" part of the day. but looking at saturday night and sunday evening, it appears it will be a system moving out, so we may luck out and the precip will be done by game time.