KJ

Greenhell

Reaction score
Last I heard our 6 weeks with a broken bone in the foot.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I believe out 6 weeks broken foot. Been discussed quite a bit on here so be prepared to be scolded by a moderator.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2cvizrtl said:
anyone seen any video of his flipout on the sidelines?
Also, I'd be interested in seeing the play where he got hurt. Kind of a weird injury because he seemed to be moving around OK after it happened.

Jville

Reaction score
Doesn't a minimum of 6 weeks take him thru the second and third playoff weekends? Wouldn't that make KJ a candidate for IR?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He is having surgery; they said its possible he could be back for the SB. No word if they will IR him

Jville

Reaction score
So I guess O'Brien Schofield will fill in for KJ at practice this week. Schofield does have similar length.

kidhawk

Reaction score
6 weeks from yesterday is January 19...this would be the same day the NFC Championship is played. If we can get him back for the NFC Championship and the Superbowl, then I wouldn't IR him.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Pete said on the his Pete Carroll show on Brock and Danny today, that he is getting surgery this week to repair the break. I don't recall him providing a timetable for KJ's return today however.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
The six week timeline is what I heard as well. We will be lucky to get him back in the playoffs.

It's a big blow, but our LB corps is more than capable to handle the loss of KJ. Bring Malcolm Smith in and we've got a very small drop off in talent.

This is where it pays to be a young, deep team.

Jville

Reaction score
Then if surgery is this week, a 6 week recovery after surgery would move his earliest return to after the NFL championship game.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Jville":3v69qunw said:
So I guess O'Brien Schofield will fill in for KJ at practice this week. Schofield does have similar length.

yes thats what Pete said in the Brock and Danny show, that we may also have to find someone from the outside to add depth behind Schofield.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
seahawks08":2nopm24n said:
Jville":2nopm24n said:

yes thats what Pete said in the Brock and Danny show, that we may also have to find someone from the outside to add depth behind Schofield.

I'm confused why Pete would say this considering every time Malcolm Smith has come in to cover for an injured guy he has played lights out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1po7dci9 said:
seahawks08":1po7dci9 said:
Jville":1po7dci9 said:

I'm confused why Pete would say this considering every time Malcolm Smith has come in to cover for an injured guy he has played lights out.

To me, it doesn't sound like condemnation of Smith, but depth for insurance in case we have more injuries.

Jville":1po7dci9 said:
Then if surgery is this week, a 6 week recovery after surgery would move his earliest return to after the NFL championship game.

Possibly, but I'd expect they'd get the surgery done ASAP, even possibly today. generally 6 weeks is the longest it would take to recover, so it would be feasible to get him back before the Championship game, but either way he should be back before the SuperBowl and he's done enough to earn a shot at the ring IMO. Of course once doctors get in there to fix it, they could find news that could change the facts as we know them now, or we could get on an injury run that would make it impossible not to IR him just to create a roster spot, but as things are now, I'd like to see us give him a chance to heal up and make it back in time to help us in the Big Finale in February

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This hurts WAY more than losing to the whiners.

kidhawk

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":i0t47knk said:
I'm hearing 4-6 weeks instead of just 6 weeks.

Exactly....6 weeks is the maximum expected time out barring any significant surprises during surgery/recovery

Jville

Reaction score
You guys are on it. They are already pushing for an earlier return.
Carroll noted that a four-week recovery period is the absolute minimum for the injury.
[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/292/2411209/Seahawks-KJ-Wright-to-have-surgery-on-broken-foot[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts