Weather and MetLife Stadium, home of Super Bowl XLVIII

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I saw a couple interesting things regarding weather and future predictions. I saw a banner go by on fox saying predictions for weather during the Super Bowl in East Rutherford are calling for heavy snow, high winds, and rain. Now I somewhat take that with a grain of salt giving that weather predictions can change when first given a prediction months in advance. I also think it's interesting that were playing at MetLife stadium, before the superb owl is played. Anyone think this could give the Seahawks a unique advantage against the competition having already played in this stadium, if we were in fact able to make the superb owl?

Also what do you all think of a white superb owl, snow everywhere can barely see the field, Marshawn gets 40 touches, carries Seattle to its first Superb owl.

Perhaps I'm already dreaming. :179417:

Thoughts?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Bring it on, like the Philly-Detroit tilt today. "Walkin' in a winter wonderland!"

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think it could potentially give the Seahawks a slight edge, especially if the weather is going to be similar to what it'll be like in February.

The thing about the Superb Owl is that the teams arrive there much earlier than any regular season game. For instance, the Seahawks travelled to SF on Saturday, right? Going back east, the Hawks might travel on Friday. That's one night or two nights and a day and then boom into the stadium for the first time of the season.

At the big game, teams arrive several days ahead of the game so the media can suckle at their teets. It gives both teams time to become accustomed to the sight lines of the stadiums and semi-comfortable in the locker rooms.

Would it give the Hawks an advantage? Maybe, but it wouldn't be much. If it's a white-out SO (lol), it's going to be a run-happy game and that could favor the Seahawks. We can only wait and find out :p

ceej22

Reaction score
No it will not give them an advantage. Consider the AFC contenders and where they play. Denver (it isn't just Manning), New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati (play a lot of away games in northeast), and KC who will likely have some cold weather playoff games.

Cartire

Reaction score
Anyone who uses superb owl hangs out at /sp/

It's a great place for teenagers to talk about their bodies changing.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cartire":o3t0wwm7 said:

Aren't you the one that everyone considers a site troll and possible 49ers fan?

It's a sight superstition if you don't like it go to webzone, where you actually belong, since you know you don't actually contribute anything to this thread.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Reading "superb owl" makes me want to chew glass.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think having the Superbowl in NJ in December is ridiculous. I'd rather the championship game be decided on the field, not by the field.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Basis4day":3n7fva5o said:
I think having the Superbowl in NJ in December is ridiculous. I'd rather the championship game be decided on the field, not by the field.

Yea that does kinda worry me, since they are thinking it's going to be really poor weather.

Cartire

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":fvuj9f6w said:
Cartire":fvuj9f6w said:

It's a sight superstition if you don't like it go to webzone, where you actually belong, since you know you don't actually contribute anything to this thread.

No one has ever considered me a niner troll or any troll in general. Sounds like more poor research. And no, the saying comes from /sp/ and not this site. It's just used here because people brought it over.

I do have a very nasty habit of calling people out on their BS though. :D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":hfnhita8 said:
joeseahawks":hfnhita8 said:
Manning doesn't like cold weather.

He plays in Denver.

That doesn't lessen the fact any.

From an article in the Denver Post..

So Chris Bianchi, a producer for ESPN radio in Denver, also has a meteorology degree. Here is some Peyton research he did:

- He’s 2-8 in which the game temperature is below freezing (32 or below),
- 0-2 in any game below 20 and 2-5 in games between 20-29
- But once the temperature goes above freezing (32), he gets markedly better, 6-5 in games where the temperature is 30-39 and 11-3 in games where the temperature is 40-49
- He’s 8-13 in games where the game time temperature is below 40
- Effects seem to wear off once the temperature hits 50

Now I believe the temp in Denver yesterday was 20 degrees at kickoff and Denver rolled the Titans. But he has historically struggled in cold weather.. it's not a misnomer.

That said with the Gronk injury, the Broncos may win the AFC by default at this point. The conference is a total mess.

JonRud

Reaction score
Basis4day":3qrf1e7e said:

December?

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cartire":1zg9la4w said:
NFSeahawks628":1zg9la4w said:
Cartire":1zg9la4w said:

No one has ever considered me a niner troll or any troll in general. Sounds like more poor research. And no, the saying comes from /sp/ and not this site. It's just used here because people brought it over.

I do have a very nasty habit of calling people out on their BS though. :D

I'm pretty sure I read something once that was not only an overreaction on your part but made you sound very much like a 49ers fan, I can't remember what you said because of how stupid it was, and after that you got your shick* called out on it by multiple posters.

Either way no need to attack my thread as I was bringing attention to the weather and was looking for honest feedback not a smart ass comment, talking about teens and their bodies changing, you provided nothing.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1dqk0437 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1dqk0437 said:
joeseahawks":1dqk0437 said:
Manning doesn't like cold weather.

He plays in Denver.

That doesn't lessen the fact any.

From an article in the Denver Post..

So Chris Bianchi, a producer for ESPN radio in Denver, also has a meteorology degree. Here is some Peyton research he did:

- He’s 2-8 in which the game temperature is below freezing (32 or below),
- 0-2 in any game below 20 and 2-5 in games between 20-29
- But once the temperature goes above freezing (32), he gets markedly better, 6-5 in games where the temperature is 30-39 and 11-3 in games where the temperature is 40-49
- He’s 8-13 in games where the game time temperature is below 40
- Effects seem to wear off once the temperature hits 50

Now I believe the temp in Denver yesterday was 20 degrees at kickoff and Denver rolled the Titans. But he has historically struggled in cold weather.. it's not a misnomer.

That said with the Gronk injury, the Broncos may win the AFC by default at this point. The conference is a total mess.

I don't want to ever say I'm happy for a players injury but after last week my honest predictions for the super bowl were New England and Seattle, but after a poor performance from New England against the Browns I'm not too sure you can pull that same stunt on a team like the Seahawks and expect to win, plus Gronks injury.

I haven't been sold on the Broncos defense all year but I do think they would still pose a fair challenge.

All that being said I think it's the perfect year to try and get it done, being fair I honestly think the Seahawks pose the biggest threat to anyone.