Did the Seahawk's get too arrogant this game?

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
Tough loss tonight. We just got outplayed in crunch time. With that said, do any of you think we might have gotten a little TOO cocky before this game? Before the game they showed Sherman saying this game was a "glorified practice". Is that just the way our team pumps themselves up? Or did we get too big-headed? I love that our team is always confident. However, I think we are really toeing the line between confidence, and arrogance. Thats part of what makes our team so great. But could it also be a detriment sometimes? Does our team sometimes cross that line into arrogance? I think this loss will bring us back down to earth, kind of like the Colts loss. A blessing in disguise if you will. Thoughts?

davidonmi

Reaction score
no, they just got beat by a great team. it happens. No team is invincible

strohmin

Reaction score
If we got our asses handed to us, then I would say we got big headed. However, I think the team played their hearts out and just got beat.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Not the entire team, the DB's maybe, but they're pretty much like that every game and that's how they get hyped. "Championship opportunity" every play, "1-0 every week", that doesn't sound like they're over looking anyone to me personally.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I thought they absolutely played like all the had to do was show up. It was a troubling display of immaturity only confirmed by the slop and penalties that ensued. You have the division crown and first-round bye in your grasp and THAT'S how you respond? That's now how champions execute, and that's why, Monday morning, we're still not champions of anything.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sherman pages like crap tonight, so maybe he didn't prepare for this game like he should have.

getnasty

Reaction score
ivotuk":gxzdl7ly said:
Sherman pages like crap tonight, so maybe he didn't prepare for this game like he should have.

How many catches did he give up, for how many yards? Yeah he had 2 holding penalties but he was hardly crap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They barely threw Sherman's way because he was locking his guys down. Not sure how he played like crap. He got called for penalties, but they were calling everything.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Don't think Sherman played like crap or was terrible, but I definitely expected more. High expectations for the dude since we know what he's capable of. He'll bounce back like always.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
This thread is for those who seemingly don't know the game of football.
sheesh.

2 tough teams, their house, they're against the wall needing this win, rivalries explain penalties and refs knew this. Wilsonhas a tough day, some D breakdowns on our side, but overall a tough, hard fought game by both.

they win by 2, in their house.
not a butt-kicking.

your BLUE is strong

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It was a bad day for the team. Bad things can happen to great teams and all the more so on the road.