Anyone else notice latey that networks are....

Axx

Reaction score
......are looking for the team that can "Beat Seattle"?

Carolina and SF get brought up alot as the teams that can "beat seattle".

calihawk

Reaction score
I also heard Detroit because they better match the Hawk physicality.

Seeker

Reaction score
They NEED us to lose. if seattle beats the east coast in new York it will be like the end of football.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yup, it really started with the Saints game.

But honestly, it's not personal. They did this with the Broncos earlier in the year, and with the Patriots damn near every year. It's good to be the front runner, but it's also fun to theorize who can beat them, and go over hypothetical matchups.

It shows we're finally there as a team when analysts are reaching for teams to beat us. Funny thing is, look a some of the reasoning: it's a pretty fair stretch in a lot of cases.

Now I'm hearing the Niners have their full compliment of WRs back and our secondary is still depleted. Take away the Seahawks comparisons and would any analyst try to claim that the Niners WR corps is better than the Saints ?

SDHawk

Reaction score
I cosign Detroit, tho I think we will easily win the turnover battle with Stafford insisting on sidearm throws to you know who.... Hawktimus Prime.

Suh, Fairley and Ansah can cause lots of problems and theyve been stonewalling the run lately. Also, Bush and Bell are a nice 1, 2 punch on the ground. If Detroit can limit their mistakes, I think they have the best chance out of anybody to give the Hawks a competitive game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is part of being the best. Get used to it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's called a talking point. The media isn't out to get us.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I keep reading and hearing on that the 9ers have are the team to beat this week. I get it, it creates hype. I understand that the last 2 blow outs were in Seattle, but the one thing no one has addressed is that even in their win last year, they only scored 13 points.

That is 29 points in the last three games. (less than 10 pts per game). I don't think that offense matches up with the Hawks defense. Home or away.

But but..... they have Crabtree and we are missing Browner and Thurmond. Um.... they had Crabtree last year and we were missing both CB's too.

I just have a hard time rationalizing that playing in San Fran, is worth 20+ points.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sainthawk29":1nlqay85 said:
I keep reading and hearing on that the 9ers have are the team to beat this week. I get it, it creates hype. I understand that the last 2 blow outs were in Seattle, but the one thing no one has addressed is that even in their win last year, they only scored 13 points.

That is 29 points in the last three games. (less than 10 pts per game). I don't think that offense matches up with the Hawks defense. Home or away.

But but..... they have Crabtree and we are missing Browner and Thurmond. Um.... they had Crabtree last year and we were missing both CB's too.

I just have a hard time rationalizing that playing in San Fran, is worth 20+ points.

We only lost by a TD there last year as well, with Wilson still early in his career and a ton of drops.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I think the Hawks are something like 75-20 (or some ridiculous number like that) against the Panthers, Niners and Saints COMBINED this season. Many of the games over in the third quarter and the Hawks not even trying to score TDs anymore.
I understand every game is different ... but that is pure domination.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you are good ad look at teams like the Packer, Steelers, Patriots, and Rams with Marts oh and always the Cowboys whether they are good or bad the media tries to piggy back success by including a teams name becasue they are headline getters, hated teams like the Patriots and Raiders and now us get it both ways.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
San Francisco can beat Seattle...
Peyton can play a couple playoff games outside in the cold and get a perfect passer rating in each...
Kaepernick can get some humility...
I can win Powerball...

All of these things can technically happen, but let's be realistic, here. 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":344cqxe0 said:
It's called a talking point. The media isn't out to get us.

That and it probably feels like watching the Durham Bulls kick the hell out of the Yankees.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
One thing I notice, they ask who COULD beat the Hawks at the Link, but they never ask what the percentage of a chance those teams have. Guarantee not one media pundit comes back with 50%.

acbass

Reaction score
I have noticed it too. Every question is "who can go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks?" Whenever they answer it you can tell they are hesitant cause they don't really think anyone can, but they have to talk about something. To me, it's a MAJOR compliment. They all are basically saying "this team is about as good as it gets, especially at home. It's almost impossible to go in there and beat them." They are right, I guess. Anything can happen, but that really is the ultimate question in the NFC Playoffs. Can anyone come here and beat us in front of this crowd, with this defense, with this running back, with this quarterback, and with this coaching staff. 11-1 is impressive, ladies and gentlemen. This is that "respect" we always talk about getting.

amill87

Reaction score
Well to be fair, we are so good that we are almost boring from a media perspective.

What else are they gonna talk about? Our #1 defense? #1 special teams? Top 2 RB? Top 5 QB? Best pressure dline in the league? Best secondary in the league? There is no more unknown or mystery or even questions about the Seahawks. Every single person who pays attention to the NFL knows there is only one team that can beat Seattle, and that's Seattle themselves. Noone will knock them off if they play their game.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
I was popping in and out of the Thursday night game last night and I noticed they were talking about the Seahawks a lot during the broadcast even though the game was a crapbowl against 2 AFC South opponents

halps80

Reaction score
I would welcome the Lions into our house, Russ has never lost to the same team twice.