Anyone else notice latey that networks are....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ksp3bb8 said:
In the real world this year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had the most likely shot. :)

Most teams would worth a shite on D would have had a shot if we sat both starting tackles and Center. 'HAD the best chance' really is the operative phrase here because Bowie and Bailey were coming on strong just as Breno and Okung got healthy.

Being a fan for so long, it almost sounds crazy talking the team this way. We've had some solid teams from time to time, but this is just 'redonkulous.' I used to get a sinking feeling whenever the coaches uttered what I used to consider meaningless and cliché when it came to The Hawks...the words 'next man up' made me shudder; not anymore .

capncrunch

Reaction score
acbass":2eu732me said:
I have noticed it too. Every question is "who can go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks?" Whenever they answer it you can tell they are hesitant cause they don't really think anyone can, but they have to talk about something. To me, it's a MAJOR compliment. They all are basically saying "this team is about as good as it gets, especially at home. It's almost impossible to go in there and beat them." They are right, I guess. Anything can happen, but that really is the ultimate question in the NFC Playoffs. Can anyone come here and beat us in front of this crowd, with this defense, with this running back, with this quarterback, and with this coaching staff. 11-1 is impressive, ladies and gentlemen. This is that "respect" we always talk about getting.

Very well said.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
amill87":26moqvpe said:
Well to be fair, we are so good that we are almost boring from a media perspective.
Sounds just like the Patriots from years past.

Except, Russell Wilson is not boring (yet).

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
At this point this year, the only teams that can possibly beat the Hawks at the Clink are those with the other elite QBs.

Perhaps the Broncos with Manning... yes, I know they're in the AFC... this is just hypothetical.

Not the Pats with Brady this year... he's lost too many weapons and their D is not that imposing.

Not the Saints with Brees... no further discussion necessary after last Monday night.

Not the Packers with Rodgers... no way this year... even if he were healthy. Talent-wise they have dropped off considerably.

The next tier... Romo, Stafford, Ryan... I don't think so... not against Seattle's D.

Newton and the Panthers... with a perfect game, they could... but the likelihood of that happening is pretty remote.

So this year, imo, the answer is no... the Hawks will not lose at home.

scakfan

Reaction score
The media is still playing the depleted secondary card. You would think after that Saints shellacking that they would come up with something more original. Even in its current condition our secondary is better than the 49ers and I won't even bother comparing QBs. These pundits are wishing and praying for a Seattle loss to help solidify the 49ers playoff chances. Me thinks a smack-down by Seattle is on the horizon.

Polaris

Reaction score
scakfan":wzmpugve said:
The media is still playing the depleted secondary card. You would think after that Saints shellacking that they would come up with something more original. Even in its current condition our secondary is better than the 49ers and I won't even bother comparing QBs. These pundits are wishing and praying for a Seattle loss to help solidify the 49ers playoff chances. Me thinks a smack-down by Seattle is on the horizon.

This. The media from the start has been hyping San Fran (the White Knight) vs Seattle (the Dark Thugs) and the physical rivalry. It's not much of a rivalry when it's one sided.