143 - 14 and Trip Report

JonRud

Reaction score
So I have been to three [3] Seahawks games in the past year. 2012 – home vs. Ari, at Buf/Tor. Then this past Monday night. In those 3 games the Seahawks are 3-0 winning by a combined score of 143–14! I think I need to attend more games?

Anyway I had a blast this past weekend in Seattle. Flew in Sunday, checked into my hotel downtown, then walked over to Fox Sports Grill to watch the games. Low & behold the FSG is out of business so I ended up at the Tap House Grill which has great beers but not a ton of TVs. It was fine though I saw the Den/KC and SF/Stl games and had a few Mac and Jack’s. Plus the bartender working was SMOKING HOT.

After the game I walked down to the waterfront and ate at Elliott’s. Saw a lot of Saints fans walking around but I also saw more people wearing Hawks gear than on any other trip BY A LOT. In past trips I was the only person walking around in Hawks gear but this time it was everywhere.

All screwed up from the time change I woke up very early on Sunday [4am]. In the morning I walked around the city and through the Pike’s Market for the 25th time but it’s always fun. Hit up the Pro Shop downtown, huge lines. Walked down to the stadium around 1pm and ended up at Temple around 2pm.

NYCoug [Dave] showed up around 2:30 straight from the airport and I had a great time hanging out and talking with Aros, FDNYHawk, Seatown81 and Steve and his son. Around 3:30 Blue Thunder showed up at the bar and played a few songs which was awesome.

Eventually we made our way to the game [thanks again for the Largent Dog Steve!] and Dave and I were anxiously awaiting Holmgren to raise the 12th man flag. But all of a sudden here comes………Freddy Couples???? We are cracking up as we had no idea he was even from Seattle and were expecting Holmgren.

Don’t need to recap the game you all saw it. Basically a 3+ hour party and a phenomenal experience. A few Saints fans were in our section with glum looks on their faces the entire game. Dave and I were standing and screaming the entire game in Sec. 328. Our section was very good although a few guys to my left were too quiet.

After the game we went back to Temple but I was wiped out and crashed by 10:30pm as I had to wake up at 3am to head to SeaTac for my long flight home to NJ.

All in all a fantastic couple of days – and hoping and praying I get to do it again on Jan. 18th & 19th for the NFC Championship. I will be at the Giants game a week from Sunday so hopefully my good luck will continue.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Unless an unexpected "pot-o-gold" lands in my lap, it will be next season before I can make that trip. But I'm for sure,looking forward to it.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Jon, you may have confused me with Barthawk.
Barthawk has those Hollywood good looks and is built like a young Schwartzenegger.
I am older, balding, drinking Bloody Mary's while having the chicks hanging all over me, and I do know where the best dog outside the Clink can be found.
LOL, good to meet you!

OP
OP
JonRud

JonRud

Reaction score
I cannot keep track of all these screen names vs. real names.

Whoever bought me the hot dog at the game you are a great guy and it was fun hanging out.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
JonRud":3vrn18kg said:
I cannot keep track of all these screen names vs. real names.

Whoever bought me the hot dog at the game you are a great guy and it was fun hanging out.

I understand. You, David, my boy Zack and I headed to the stadium together and had dogs at Joe's Hotdogs.
The dot net group is pretty cool.

Latest posts