Wearing Seahawks gear at Candlestick?

vanhawk

Reaction score
Has anybody gone to a game there and done it? I've read nothing by horror stories about that place. In SF this weekend with my work -- thinking about attending. Heard Ian Furness talking on the radio to somebody who was going and "wished him luck and safety because they have the worst thug fans in the league."

Not so much inside the stadium I'm worried about it -- it's in the parking lot, outside, etc after the game.

Thoughts? Or should I just dress neutral (plain clothes)? That's sort of what I'm leaning on at the moment.

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it (wear Seahawks gear). Not to mention that the Raiders are on the road this week so you are sure to get some Raider trash at the game that look to pick fights and don't even care about the game itself.

tooshort

Reaction score
just rush order one of these from nflshop.com for camo!!
1477863_10200295651792591_118320040_n.jpg

mikeak

Reaction score
You can always start a thread next week about how you got beat up and are wanting blood....

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Oh, I wouldn't worry about being screwed with down there, because you know that the police will be dressed in undercover garb, just like they did at the CLINK :roll:

Termite

Reaction score
I have worn Seahawks gear to the Raiders and niners. No problems. Except when I spilled beer on 2 lesbians. They weren't happy. You act like an adult and no problems. Even tailgated.

OrFan

Reaction score
It all depends on what you consider safe. Everyone's definition of that is different.

For myself? I wouldn't even want to go. If it were at a nice stadium, with good views and good people I'd go in a heartbeat. That is a piece of junk stadium located in one of the scuzziest cities you can find. The crowd you would be sharing the experience with is one of the most stupid ones you could find as far as football goes. A bunch of losers, in a bad stadium, in a nasty place, no thanks.

pmedic920

Reaction score
If you are going with a group of guys probably safe. If you are taking your wife and or children I'd reconsider. Same if you are going stag.
Just not worth the risk IMHO.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I've been to games all around the country and never had a problem. Cover up until U get inside the stadium. Take jacket off when you get to our seat.
2 biggest problems are alcohol and the opposing fan being an ass. Yes, not all the time but most of the time it's the opposing teams fan that runs his mouth and then gets upset when he gets his ass kicked. Your going into their home--show respect to the team and their fans.
Stay away from drunks and when you go into the bathroom, cover up your jersey, sweatshirt or hat.
A drunk feels like you're open game if your back is to them while your standing at a urinal.
Big word Is respect. Respect the other team, when we start taking a big lead, don't start cheering in there face and dont cheer like you've never seen us score before.
When they start talking shit, just walk away. If you can do this you'll be fine.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Don't drink, and you won't do anything stupid yourself.

When the Hawks win, be gracious and humble.

Walk with other Hawk fans.

Keep your damn head on a swivel. The hate from down south seems far more real than I have ever seen before. I'm not so sure any past experiences at the Stick hold true right now.

Largent80

Reaction score
We had a group of over 20 sitting together all wearing our gear. I personally didn't have any trouble but a few in our group did. We got curbstomped in that game, it was the one Hass got injured in...2009.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Cousin and I went last year sporting our hawks gear with 0 incident. Even relied on the Bart and bus to get to the game, both packed with miner fans. The only issues we ran into were guys with mouthy girlfriends.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
I wore my Seahawks jersey proud when I was there a few years ago (the Ted Ginn two return TD opener). I was with a couple buddies that were 9ers fans, so the only people I talked crap to were them. Other than that, I was pretty quiet. If the Hawks would have won that game, it might have been a different story.

Jdsoup14

Reaction score
My buddy and myself are going and taking my two college age daughters and another couple.

I must say I am a little worried!

My daughters and myself are planing to wear all of our seahawks gear to the stadium. The couple we are going with have been there before and they cover up going in and out of the stadium.

I think I will take the board advice and bring something to cover us up when leaving as to not invite trouble. I am worried about leaving the stadium as we are going to park 15 mins away to get a faster exit as our flight leaves SF at 7:30 back to Portland.

We get there Saturday morning and will be proudly wearing seahawk gear all weekend also.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also anybody tailgating? Would love to meet up with other folks.

Go hawks

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Listen to everyone here who has actually gone to a game wearing Hawks gear. You may or may not get razzed a little bit -- as would happen at any stadium -- but save for that you have literally nothing to think twice about. It's the same as anywhere else.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
We won't give your wife a black eye... so you have that going for you ;)

Jdsoup14":3j41r4qh said:
My buddy and myself are going and taking my two college age daughters and another couple.

I must say I am a little worried!

My daughters and myself are planing to wear all of our seahawks gear to the stadium. The couple we are going with have been there before and they cover up going in and out of the stadium.

I think I will take the board advice and bring something to cover us up when leaving as to not invite trouble. I am worried about leaving the stadium as we are going to park 15 mins away to get a faster exit as our flight leaves SF at 7:30 back to Portland.

We get there Saturday morning and will be proudly wearing seahawk gear all weekend also.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also anybody tailgating? Would love to meet up with other folks.

Go hawks

You should be fine wearing your gear. Bandwagon is strong just like ours, I saw a guy wearing seahawks gear the game last weekend. There is also a guy (Friend of a friend in our group). Who wears seahawks gear every sunday... socks, shorts, shirt, hat, sweat bands... and walks around the tailgate every sunday. He grew up in Seattle area and is a Seahawks fan, but has lived in bay area for 10 years and gained some respect for the niners, so he enjoys going to the games.

In regards to parking park at this dropped pin.

2n8atrp

This is a about a 20min walk, maybe 15 if you speed walk. I am a STH for the 49ers and fly up to every home game, and some away games. When I do the Sunday flights (rare), this is where I park my rental. I can speed walk after game, hop in, hop right on the freeway, and just a few miles south of that point is SFO. This parking is also free, and the walk after game is well patrolled by LEO's due to the freeway entrance being there.

If you want to tailgate, then tailgate. If you park where I recommended, then you will enter the tailgate on the south side.
You should be able to find Hawks fans within the first few rows. The last few years we have had barely any (in comparison to other teams). But based on how I've seen them popping up during games the last few weeks, I assume there will be more here this time.

If it feels safer, this route I gave you will take you right to a bridge, and right to the main circular walkway around the stadium. LEO's walk up and down it constantly. You can walk around this looking up and down the lanes for green. I would highly recommend tailgating. I have tailgated at quite a few stadiums. This has the classic tailgate feel. Walking around it kind of gives the vibe of the start of a Steve Sabol film.

EDIT:
Above all, as many have said... be an adult. There are dick heads at every stadium. I have seen them at every stadium and sports venue I visit. I have seen them at Candlestick. Rarely have I seen someone act like a dick towards a visiting fan acting like an adult. In every one of those cases someone, or my self, has intervened. If a visiting fan isn't acting like an adult it is a guarantee you will eventually attract the same.

Oh, almost forgot. If you have LB/LR tickets. Then after entering the stadium (ticket stands), enter the seating area at this pin drop.
2psn4hu

They will check your tickets (kind of), but if you take this entrance you can basically walk all the way up to the field and get a really cool view of the field/stadium. Especially for the kids. There are stairs there to enter either direction that you need to go into the seats. Need Lower Reserve or Lower Box tickets to do this.