Wearing Seahawks gear at Candlestick?

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I've been there a handful of times and never had any major issues. People with their chicken hawks and throwing popcorn etc. One time I turned around started catching the popcorn and eat it they all laughed and it was good from then on.

The assholes are just trying to get a reaction. Don't give it to them and you will be fine.

I do cheer and don't cover up, but I'm 6'2" 220. So that helps a little

Jdsoup14

Reaction score
Seahawksflow

Thanks for the advice on parking. It is nice to hear that that area is patrolled as that was the stretch I was worried about. We will park there.

Last time I was at candlestick was for the NFC championship 1981( the catch). I took my dad as he was a big 49er fan and so was I. Ran on the field after the game and left with a chunk of the turf from the center of the field. Never knew what happened to it. My dad passed away a few years back. When going through his things we Found that chunk of grass in a container with a note saying it was the greatest sporting moment of his life. I am probably the only hawks fan with a piece of candlestick in the man cave!

Moved to Seattle early early 90s and bought season tickets to seahawks. Never liked the way they got rid of Joe Montana. We have been diehard hawk fans ever since.

P.s. Wilson reminds me of Joe Montana the way he is so calm all the time.

Sorry about the life story. Just thought it would be interesting read.

Nateruw

Reaction score
The first time I went I wasn't wearing any gear, thank god. After the game these drunk assholes where going from car to car in the line outside of candlestick. There's only one exit so every car in the lot is stuck in a massive line leaving. These guys were dumping beers into seahawks fans cars and trying to pick fights. And this was after the niners won. That was 3 years ago. 2 years ago I went with with a crew and generally had no problems. One girl we were with got her sun glasses stolen right off her head in the bathroom line. So... Good luck.

Largent80

Reaction score
They were throwing french fries at Seatown, basically because he was talking with them before, and then decided they didn't like him or the conversation. I heard the previous conversation and it was cool, and respectful and the fans basically escalated it.

At one point we all had to get up and turn around and face these dudes and they immediately backed off. We did have a group with some muscle however, Yacktown is no small dude, and neither is Hemifed (whom I haven't seen here for a few years now). Lief and I are fairly stout. and so is Rock, so maybe they thought better.

By the 4th quarter I wanted to leave and did so by myself. The only grief I got was from some skank girlfriend, who I promptly blew a kiss to.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jdsoup14":2eddtlix said:

You jumped over to the Hawks a bit too early. :lol:

Wilson reminds me more of Steve Young than any other QB I've ever seen, and coming from a 9ers fan who actually thinks Young >>>>> Montana, that's about as big of a compliment as I can give a football player. Wilson has a chance of ending up being better than Young too...

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
I think you should go dressed in niners gear and initiate the wave while they are on offense.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Wearing Seahawk gear to a Niners game after the beatdowns they have received at the Clink is like wearing a dress to San Quentin.

OP
OP
V

vanhawk

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2ccvj3a5 said:
Wearing Seahawk gear to a Niners game after the beatdowns they have received at the Clink is like wearing a dress to San Quentin.

Haha that's exactly what I'm worried about. I foresee a tight game but if for some reason we have our way with them again and win by 14+ it would get really ugly outside. Just takes one idiot who has been drinking since 10am, very upset, embarrassed trying to take out his pent up aggression sucker punching me in the parking lot! It only takes that one guy.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jdsoup14":1re4zoes said:
Seahawksflow

Thanks for the advice on parking. It is nice to hear that that area is patrolled as that was the stretch I was worried about. We will park there.

Last time I was at candlestick was for the NFC championship 1981( the catch). I took my dad as he was a big 49er fan and so was I. Ran on the field after the game and left with a chunk of the turf from the center of the field. Never knew what happened to it. My dad passed away a few years back. When going through his things we Found that chunk of grass in a container with a note saying it was the greatest sporting moment of his life. I am probably the only hawks fan with a piece of candlestick in the man cave!

Moved to Seattle early early 90s and bought season tickets to seahawks. Never liked the way they got rid of Joe Montana. We have been diehard hawk fans ever since.

Appreciate the story. Sharing is what the board is for. Question is have you properly buried the grass and stomped and spit on it on a daily basis since you found the light?

Inspector

Reaction score
I'd wear my Sherman jersey knowing they hate him hahaha. I share certain personality traits with Richard, one being my smart mouth.

Nobody will scare me into not wearing Hawks gear to any game. I mind my own business, but if someone is looking for trouble.. I can take care of myself.

Anyway, if you act like an adult and mind your own business the odds are you'll be just fine.

Wish I could go to this one.....

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I've been a few times (and going this year). No better or worse than in Seattle. Their will be a-holes, there will be nice people and there will be some fights. Like I said there was some asses out by the cars last year (drunk) yelling and screaming they wanted to fight anyone in Seahawks stuff, typical sports tough guys (or just drunk losers).

Oh and about wearing Seahawks gear, you will get fans yelling some pretty ridiculous stuff (like in any stadium) and if you have little kids you may want to veer away from wearing to much Seahawks stuff, some people go a little overboard talking trash depending on how the game is going.

All in all it's like going to any other away teams stadium, you're the enemy, lol. (oh and it's not quite as bad as Oakland, so you got that going for ya).

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Jdsoup14":325t8q6l said:
Seahawksflow

After you leave the game, just take that road south. Don't head back towards the stadium to get on the freeway. Go south on Tunnel ave and exit at Lagoon way. Will help you beat traffic to SFO.

That is a pretty cool story. I manage money for some NFL players and know players on the 49ers. They usually get me down on the field most post game shows and then to the player parking lot. I get on other fields when I visit stadiums sometimes too. It has been more and more tough as Candlestick comes to an end though. Lately I've been grabbing a little grass on the sideline when down there. Eat a little, save a little, it's weird but whatever. If they can't get me down there for our last game at the stick, I think I plan on just rushing the field. Need to figure out if it can cause any issues with my tickets at the new stadium first.

PM if you get more questions about the Stick or logistics. It sounds like you know people in the area so that helps. But since I fly into all games, I thought my opinion might be relevant to your situation.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
OrFan":1e1tz8p4 said:
It all depends on what you consider safe. Everyone's definition of that is different.

For myself? I wouldn't even want to go. If it were at a nice stadium, with good views and good people I'd go in a heartbeat. That is a piece of junk stadium located in one of the scuzziest cities you can find. The crowd you would be sharing the experience with is one of the most stupid ones you could find as far as football goes. A bunch of losers, in a bad stadium, in a nasty place, no thanks.

San Francisco? Isn't it one of the more affluent areas of the country?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Always Fierce":1fk3meh9 said:
OrFan":1fk3meh9 said:
It all depends on what you consider safe. Everyone's definition of that is different.

For myself? I wouldn't even want to go. If it were at a nice stadium, with good views and good people I'd go in a heartbeat. That is a piece of junk stadium located in one of the scuzziest cities you can find. The crowd you would be sharing the experience with is one of the most stupid ones you could find as far as football goes. A bunch of losers, in a bad stadium, in a nasty place, no thanks.

San Francisco? Isn't it one of the more affluent areas of the country?

Yes, but there are many displaced Oakland Raiders fans i.e. people who gave up on them and cheer the 49ers now, and so the fan base is really quite different than it was 20 years ago.

oscarkromero

Reaction score
I'm in San Francisco this weekend and plan on going to the game in a Seahawks jersey. Are other Seattle fans sitting near each other? Would love to get a ticket near fellow fans.

longsh0t

Reaction score
Not going for a game but I'm going to be in the San Diego/LA area next month with the family. I normally take a jersey with me wherever we vacation but I'm debating on whether to take one this time around or not to CA. There isn't as much "hate" between raiders/chargers and the seahawks but I'm still a bit leery since I'll have my kids with me.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
So Cal is not filled with 49er fans. In general the greater LA area is apathetic when it comes to NFL teams.