Deathmatch buildup in Candlestick / Rams Rules for 49ers

jake206

Reaction score
If you haven't heard, Harbaugh wants this game sooo bad he's even calling on his dad for advice. 49ers media even emailed out a "Rams Rule"- instructions for 9er fans to improve homefield advantage. Dirty play, taking cheap shots, piping in noise...expect it all. Hawks can't come in timid when approaching this cornered nemesis. They need to pound it through 9er skulls who the top dog is in the NFC Best division. Both teams are gonna get injured from this game, I'm almost resigned to that fact. One worry is that SF uses that holding move that Justin Smith always does to allow Aldon Smith to go in untouched. RW gotta play really smart and use his screen game. Its going to be that physical. Get the carts and bodybags ready. Its going to be bloody.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I really really hope we thoroughly curb stomp the Niners.

It would shut up all the "you only win because of crowd noise" talk from the players and fans. I'd like to see us play really angry. I hope that "Shehawk" comment gets recirculated in the locker room. I know Earl Thomas is using the fact that we're underdogs to play the disrespect card.

If we crush the Niners this weekend, I can honestly see us owning them for a while. It's going to get in their heads and screw with them collectively.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Their very own Rams Rules. Somebody get a copy of this so we can mock the OOOH AAAAH chant they are trying to get Niner fans to do.

THis is too rich to ignore.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":17libg5i said:
Their very own Rams Rules. Somebody get a copy of this so we can mock the OOOH AAAAH chant they are trying to get Niner fans to do.

THis is too rich to ignore.

When the drunk, errr, Aldon's about to take Wilson down, you yell, Saaaa....wait, what the hell?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'm really intrigued to see how this game plays out.

I know much is made of our beating the 49ers the last two times we've played, and the fact that both games were played in Seattle is hard to ignore.

But the Russell Wilson the 49ers saw in Candlestick last year is leagues removed from the one playing right now. Wilson was still hit-and-miss - especially on the road - and the coaching staff hadn't taken the training wheels off completely when the two teams matched up in SF.

I'm eager to see how Wilson's progress impacts this game.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Per Trey Wingo, NFL Live host,

@wingoz In preps for Sundays game with Seattle..The Niners have sent an email out to fans reminding them how to give the team home field advantage.

@wingoz Among their suggestions: " Dress the part, wear Red!". "Be on time"! "Know your queues, quiet on offense, deafening on defense" ok.......

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
One thing that strikes me is the similarities of Wilson's first games at San Francisco and at Arizona. Both close games we just came up a little shy on because we couldn't get the offense in rhythm. I'd like to think the second game at San Francisco could go similarly to the second game at Arizona.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
jake206":3frh25xy said:

@wingoz In preps for Sundays game with Seattle..The Niners have sent an email out to fans reminding them how to give the team home field advantage.

@wingoz Among their suggestions: " Dress the part, wear Red!". "Be on time"! "Know your queues, quiet on offense, deafening on defense" ok.......
Judy Spelman and Rich Schiller are not happy with this new development...

JonRud

Reaction score
that is so pathetic the Niners have to tell their fans how to cheer. what a worthless fanbase if that's true.

Seahawks will beat the 49ers on Sunday - nobody can stop the Hawks now. if you wanted to beat them you had to do it in Sep or Oct....now you are done.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Harbaugh's motto is 'Whose got it better than us?' "Nobody"...except when the calls go against 9ers. I expect some epic reactions from one Jim Harbaugh.

Not making this up: A more direct excerpt from 49er email to fans per @710ESPNSeattle:

'-FIRST DOWN CRY: Introduced at the start of last season, the chant grew to the point where it was heard throughout the Superdome during the Super Bowl. When we announce a 49ers first down on offense, you come back with “Ahhh-Oooo, Ahhh-Oooo, Ahhh-Oooo!” This is our celebratory battle cry.'

sutz

Reaction score
For them, it may be a death match. If they lose, it would seriously impinge their playoff plans.

For us, it's just another week to go 1-0.

(Not trying to downplay the significance of the game, but hey, the pressure's on them, not us. :))

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Just hope no fans get hurt at Candlestick, if things go south for 49ers. Stay safe Hawk fans.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jake206":3ez6i0tw said:

To be fair, most 49er fans just started rooting for their team a year ago.. so they're still getting used to things.

Marvin49

Reaction score
jake206":ecjwyvln said:
If you haven't heard, Harbaugh wants this game sooo bad he's even calling on his dad for advice. 49ers media even emailed out a "Rams Rule"- instructions for 9er fans to improve homefield advantage. Dirty play, taking cheap shots, piping in noise...expect it all. Hawks can't come in timid when approaching this cornered nemesis. They need to pound it through 9er skulls who the top dog is in the NFC Best division. Both teams are gonna get injured from this game, I'm almost resigned to that fact. One worry is that SF uses that holding move that Justin Smith always does to allow Aldon Smith to go in untouched. RW gotta play really smart and use his screen game. Its going to be that physical. Get the carts and bodybags ready. Its going to be bloody.

Relax.

I wouldn't expect dirty play. I'd expect PHYSICAL play...but these are 2 very physical teams so we'd see that anyway.

The instructions thing tho...thats real. It's sad. Too many recent Niner fans buying cheap tix and getting drunk and don't have a clue as to when to cheer or be silent. Embarassing...and thats coming from a Niner fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1xuttehs said:
jake206":1xuttehs said:

To be fair, most 49er fans just started rooting for their team a year ago.. so they're still getting used to things.

Much more truth in that comment than I'd like to admit...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
1459048_10202320380398374_1278784644_n.jpg

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks will still win the game, even with the refs trying their best to help them out.
The fact that they have to explain to their "fans" how to cheer, and to show up on time etc. Absolute classic.