Bevell did such a good job

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Bevell for the second year in a row has learned to maximize the performance of this offense. It takes him half a season to really do it but impresses again.

AgentDib

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1n6giefh said:
Bevell for the second year in a row has learned to maximize the performance of this offense. It takes him half a season to really do it but impresses again.
Bevell really turned the corner in these last two games when he learned to call plays featuring our starting linemen instead of our backups. With all the helpful second guessing on this forum you would think somebody would have mentioned that to him sooner.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
He had a great game plan this week and really got some nice play calls to allow us to come out and punch the Saints D in the mouth.

I would have liked to see us have more success running but there was pretty much nowhere to go for all but garbage time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Not ready to anoint him as who I'd like to see as our offensive coordinator for years to come just yet, but he definitely had one of the best games I've ever seen him call tonight. Some of that was just awesome execution by us, but some of it definitely wasn't. He is improving, and that is great for us.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sorry, but maybe you need to put on your homer glasses and leave it on 24/7 so you can see how the Niners is well equipped to beat this so called complete team in Seattle. Yes they are playing at an extremely high level, but we are peaking at the right time and have the talent to match Seattle strength for strength. Maybe you're in denial about Seattle being soo complete that you forgot how good the Niners can be and what we're capable of when were running on all cylinders.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... BEkkIA6.99

They just never learn do they? They were saying these same things right before they played us last time, and the time before that. Then they come all unglued after we pull out a can of whipass on them.

Denial, it's more than just a river in Egypt.

blue 22

Reaction score
I've been a bevell hater and admit hes getting better. I honestly thinks he saves some of his better plays for the big games. what do i know though.

kearly

Reaction score
AgentDib":3uc2wket said:
SonicHawk":3uc2wket said:
Bevell really turned the corner in these last two games when he learned to call plays featuring our starting linemen instead of our backups. With all the helpful second guessing on this forum you would think somebody would have mentioned that to him sooner.

It really is amazing how Bevell is always the genius when our team plays well and always a bum who needs to be fired when our player's execution has an off week.

In fairness, the problems that plagued Bevell in the preseason and most of the regular season have vanished in recent weeks. I'm chalking it up to vastly improved pass pro, but I heard Wilson talk about looking forward to the blitz because of all the green grass behind it, and I wondered if maybe Bevell had also turned a new leaf vs. the blitz.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
That is what I been saying all year Kearly. When our players execute, the playcalls look great. When they dont, the coaches are dumbshits.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3c7ek04c said:
That is what I been saying all year Kearly. When our players execute, the playcalls look great. When they dont, the coaches are dumbshits.
kearly":3c7ek04c said:
It really is amazing how Bevell is always the genius when our team plays well and always a bum who needs to be fired when our player's execution has an off week.
It really is amazing how Bevell has a 100% track record of always calling the perfect play every single down of every game. :roll:

Come on, you two. You know better. Sure, plenty have just gone overboard against Bevell, but you two are also making it sound like he hasn't done some incredibly stupid play calls plenty of times here and there, too; execution be damned.

Atradees

Reaction score
blue 22":sm8a2a4l said:
I've been a bevell hater and admit hes getting better. I honestly thinks he saves some of his better plays for the big games. what do i know though.

Sorry, I dont like Bevell-at all and I dont want anymore offensive players from the Vikings.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":24gktvn1 said:

I agree. Bevell's "bad playcalling" has mostly been about the players screwing up. He's been absolutely solid this year minus a very few play calls.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27gagcf2 said:
Tech Worlds":27gagcf2 said:
kearly":27gagcf2 said:
It really is amazing how Bevell has a 100% track record of always calling the perfect play every single down of every game. :roll:

Come on, you two. You know better. Sure, plenty have just gone overboard against Bevell, but you two are also making it sound like he hasn't done some incredibly stupid play calls plenty of times here and there, too; execution be damned.

Let's keep it real now...

I think people look for reasons to justify their impressions, which is why we see so much MMQB'ing over playcalling for example. But for the first time in ages, I think playcalling might actually be a real issue for Seattle right now. Not because of specific playcalls, but because of a gameplan that has completely ignored our teams total inability to protect with Bowie and McQuistan at the bookends.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1qr9ryzt said:
Tech Worlds":1qr9ryzt said:

I agree. Bevell's "bad playcalling" has mostly been about the players screwing up. He's been absolutely solid this year minus a very few play calls.

Thats right HawkFan72! Let's not let that H8R Roland spread misinformation about Bevell! :141847_bnono:

sutz

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2ynoq7ob said:
I'm beginning to think that that is by design. It's just too much of a coincidence.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
My, how quickly people have forgotten the play calling on the first several series in both of our playoff games last year.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Bevell called a really good game. He's the easy scapegoat when we don't look like world beaters but I think he's as good as we could hope for. I think his harshest critics, for the most part, kind of don't know wtf they're talking about. Again, just my opinion.

:salute: