With the pre-game reports on Winfield..

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
do we still sign him???
I like depth ... but, I don't want him at the expense of Max or Lane...

Thoughts?

kidhawk

Reaction score
My guess is they are waiting on a decision from the league regarding Browner. According to Clayton (take it for what it's worth), The League already offered Browner some type of deal which he declined. Clayton believes that Browner is looking to get this knocked down to a hefty fine (of the 4 game variety) and no time. We shall see.

ensett

Reaction score
winfield cant cover anymore, i dont want him.

stack600

Reaction score
Maxwell played great, kids got game...Lane did his job and did it good. The B.B. thing I am still in wait and see mode..And WT3 is back in 3 games..So I just don't get the depth thing with Shead still on the active roster? I did read somewhere about Cox and Winfield on hold? Might have said Winfield was flying out to Seattle?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
If Browner is done for the year then yes only because Lane and Maxwell play a lot of special teams so they'll need a few breathers and Winfield should be plenty rested up by now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Winfield can't cover?? He was one of the best in football with the Vikes. Now all the sudden he can't cover. Alrighty then.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Speaking of, did DeShawn Shead get much, if any playing time against the Saints. With the game being such a blow out in the second half you would think that would have been a great opportunity to get him some in game reps in.

As for Winfield, I'm all for some veteran help if another injury happens, but at this point I would guess they are just keeping him and Cox on speed dial until the Browner and WTlll stuff is cleared up.

It's also to bad that Tharold Simon is on PUP this season, he's another guy that would have been nice to see as a depth guy this year and get some reps.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Didn't you already sign and cut a depth player Perrish Cox? I thought he was pretty good when he played with the niners.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":2acc11p7 said:
Speaking of, did DeShawn Shead get much, if any playing time against the Saints. With the game being such a blow out in the second half you would think that would have been a great opportunity to get him some in game reps in.

As for Winfield, I'm all for some veteran help if another injury happens, but at this point I would guess they are just keeping him and Cox on speed dial until the Browner and WTlll stuff is cleared up.

It's also to bad that Tharold Simon is on PUP this season, he's another guy that would have been nice to see as a depth guy this year and get some reps.

I believe Shead was on the field for 3 snaps. I don't remember him being involved in any of the plays, but he did get on the field a little so that's a plus

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if browner's suspension holds, bring in winfield

if not, no.

Something tells me browner's entire suspension will be thrown out though.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Don't need to bring him in if Maxwell and Lane play fine for the next 3 games as they did against the Saints. Fine with Sherm, Thurmond, Maxwell, Lane and Snead if Browner is unavailable in the playoffs.

Browner was clearly on the sidelines during the Saints game which means hes eligible to play if healthy during his appeal. Had he been suspended, he wouldn't be allowed with the team. Similar situation to Sherman last year during appeal.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I don't think Winfield can be treated like a commodity, cut him, bring him back him, if then and else kind of scenarios for where he is in his life as a veteran. I think the organization is class and Winfield is looking for a full season contract if he needs to come out of the contract. I am sure the front office is looking at all options and scenarios to see what best can be done and respecting Winfield's asks too.

Jville

Reaction score
kidhawk":3mox0lsk said:
NorCalSeahawk":3mox0lsk said:

I believe Shead was on the field for 3 snaps. I don't remember him being involved in any of the plays, but he did get on the field a little so that's a plus

Shead had three snaps with the defense plus 16 special teams snaps for a total of 19 snaps. Enough to kickstart his career. :thumbup:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Browner practiced today, may play Sunday. So much for Winfield... unless things change drastically, we don't need Winfield.

Latest posts