Russell Wilson versus the World

Laloosh

Reaction score
The best player of the 2012 class? The MVP? The best quarterback of the last two years? Wilson takes it all on and makes a pretty solid argument.

Over his last seven games, Manning has 20 touchdowns and seven interceptions. Over Wilson's last seven games, he has 13 touchdowns and three interceptions. Over the last five, it's Manning 14/5, Wilson 11/2 and Wilson is 5-0 versus Manning 3-2.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/11/30/51 ... p-seahawks

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
There isn't a player in the league I'd trade RW for. And that's the gods honest truth. We are sooo lucky to have gotten him where and when we did.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":3l20bc3f said:
There isn't a player in the league I'd trade RW for. And that's the gods honest truth. We are sooo lucky to have gotten him where and when we did.

I totally agree. From Class Act off the field to Unreal competitor on the field, to being a leader, to winning to doing things that make your jaw drop to WINS. This is the guy I want leading the hawks to dare I say multiple superbowls?

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":1zjs0gj3 said:

Agree 100%. On top of owning the NFL, the guy has endeared himself to the Northwest, Seattle like I've never seen happen so quickly. He ALWAYS says the right thing and is such a good representation of the franchise.

saints2k8

Reaction score
Wilson over Brees for MVP? Come on now

the guy has fumbled 8 times and has 6 picks to go with it. 20 TD is solid, nothing spectacular (pretty good for a 2nd year QB)

The love has gone too far IMO

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
saints2k8":e7rcjpn3 said:

the guy has fumbled 8 times and has 6 picks to go with it. 20 TD is solid, nothing spectacular (pretty good for a 2nd year QB)

Brees would be dead, and you'd have already watched his funeral on national television had he had to play behind our line most of the year. You'll deny it, but for realz, our line spent much of the year letting someone run straight at Wilson unabated on practically half of his drop-backs.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
saints2k8":32deblly said:

Yes. Wilson over Brees. Get over it. You are in Seahawks country.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
saints2k8":12qtf0xs said:

Based on numbers alone it's difficult to put him ahead of Manning or Brees, but those are the only two (at this point). For the most part, he falls just below Brees in a lot of categories. That said, Wilson played most of the season w/out an o-line and still put up those numbers. Only time will tell. Brees is yet to face Carolina (who they play twice and are not friendly to quarterback stats).

Impossible to put him ahead of Manning right now but if SEA wins on Monday in convincing fashion in large part due to Wilson's performance, I wouldn't hesitate to say that yes, I'd put him ahead of Brees.

You think it's actually that crazy? Go look at the numbers and then take into account what Wilson's been playing with all year long from an o-line standpoint.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Only stat that matter 10-1 after he beats Brees and we go 15-1 book the MVP for Wilson

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
In a different thread, someone pointed out that Wilson has the 8th highest DVOA out of all QBs in the NFL.

In a different thread, someone also pointed out that Wilson has the highest completion percentage of passes 15+ downfield.

Despite having the worse pass-blocking O-line in the first half of the season.

Despite not having a healthy Rice or a healthy Harvin... all season. That's two of your best WRs in the short to intermediate range either ineffective or missing.

Despite Okung, Giacomini, Unger, Miller, and Michael Robinson missing 28 collective starts. Those are some of the most important players in terms of protection especially considering the replacements players that were put in their place.

Okung ---> Paul McQuistan: A solid but average OG forced to play the most important position on the O-line.

Giacomini---> Michael Bowie: A 21 Year Old Rookie that was a 7th Round Selection

Unger---> Lemanuel Jeanpierre: A 2011 UDFA who hasn't played significant snaps since taking over John Moffitt in 2011 as an OG not OC.

Miller---> Luke Willson: A 2013 5th round Rookie, who wasn't even the first TE taken from his collegiate team.

Robinson---> Derrick Coleman: a 2012 UDFA who had just learned to become a FB over the 2013 off-season and a lead blocker that Lynch clearly didn't trust.

2 rookies, 2 UDFAs, and a player playing out of position.

Despite that Wilson is still on pace to put up similar or improved numbers than what he had in 2012 and thats with almost completely abandoning the read option trump card that gave the offense an enormous boost in the 2nd half of 2012.

I'm not saying Wilson deserves an MVP, but I'll take top 5 QB in the NFL, and among the top 25 of all NFL players.

And perhaps people finally admitting on a national level that he's been much better than Luck without one of the most consistent future Hall of Fame WR bailing him out.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
saints2k8":3r9r5fuc said:

Yes, he does, because despite the numbers, he is the reason we are not 7-4 or worse right now. we had the absolute worst offensive line in the NFL from week 2 until the Vikings game, but Wilson continued to pull off one hat trick after another. He was cold as ice through game after game of being chased around and bludgeoned without cease. Russell would've thought he'd died an gone to heaven behind the pass protection Brees is getting right now...he still would because that's not even our starting line's forte.

Brees is a great QB, but he's in a system where he's making at least ten more passing attempts than Wilson per game, and has ALL DAY to do so. If Wilson was given that system and the freaks you guys have as pass catchers, his numbers would be completely ridiculous.

Love has gone too far? There is a reason he has such unwavering support. Brees is having a great year, but I would credit that to the return of your head coach more than any other single factor.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Per DVOA, Seattle is 29th in pass protection. New Orleans is 6th. Yet Wilson is 8th in DVOA and Brees is 4th. Give Brees that oline and he'll plummet. Give Wilson NO's oline and he'll skyrocket. So yeah, I'd take Wilson over Brees.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
saints2k8":24c2vzli said:

No you don't :141847_bnono: , Wilson has 10 and 1 and he did it with a crappy o-line for 8 of those.
Wilson is in his second Season, and Breese, with fewer wins this Season, oh, and after Monday Night, there's a very good chance Wilson just might have a 11 & 1.
If ANYONE has "Gone Too Far", it's yourself 2k8, as this is the home of the Russell Wilson fan base that you're trying to discredit.
There's a smack shack where you can voice your absurd nonsense opinion, eh?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
saints2k8":1nwpy8go said:

I wouldn't give Wilson the nod over Brees for MVP right now, but there's no point in acting this shocked about a Seahawks board siding with their guy.

Weadoption

Reaction score
It's cute and amusing, not at all shocking for this board.
not that webzone is any different, the asshat football fans rule the day there too.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Weadoption":2f7u1gv3 said:
It's cute and amusing, not at all shocking for this board.
not that webzone is any different, the asshat football fans rule the day there too.

You seem upset that fans here at least have a quarterback worth going crazy over. I realize that's not the case anywhere else in the NFC West.

WarHawks

Reaction score
One can only imagine how "completely ridiculous" RW would be with a #6 rated OL protecting him. It boggles the mind, and makes the focus going into the draft with the 32nd pick fairly obvious.