Russell Wilson versus the World

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
saints2k8":mcxdqtuf said:
Wilson over Brees for MVP? Come on now

the guy has fumbled 8 times and has 6 picks to go with it. 20 TD is solid, nothing spectacular (pretty good for a 2nd year QB)

The love has gone too far IMO

You're on a Seahawks message board

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":31uyjfbm said:
In a different thread, someone pointed out that Wilson has the 8th highest DVOA out of all QBs in the NFL.

In a different thread, someone also pointed out that Wilson has the highest completion percentage of passes 15+ downfield.

Despite having the worse pass-blocking O-line in the first half of the season.

Despite not having a healthy Rice or a healthy Harvin... all season. That's two of your best WRs in the short to intermediate range either ineffective or missing.

Despite Okung, Giacomini, Unger, Miller, and Michael Robinson missing 28 collective starts. Those are some of the most important players in terms of protection especially considering the replacements players that were put in their place.

Okung ---> Paul McQuistan: A solid but average OG forced to play the most important position on the O-line.

Giacomini---> Michael Bowie: A 21 Year Old Rookie that was a 7th Round Selection

Unger---> Lemanuel Jeanpierre: A 2011 UDFA who hasn't played significant snaps since taking over John Moffitt in 2011 as an OG not OC.

Miller---> Luke Willson: A 2013 5th round Rookie, who wasn't even the first TE taken from his collegiate team.

Robinson---> Derrick Coleman: a 2012 UDFA who had just learned to become a FB over the 2013 off-season and a lead blocker that Lynch clearly didn't trust.

2 rookies, 2 UDFAs, and a player playing out of position.

Despite that Wilson is still on pace to put up similar or improved numbers than what he had in 2012 and thats with almost completely abandoning the read option trump card that gave the offense an enormous boost in the 2nd half of 2012.

I'm not saying Wilson deserves an MVP, but I'll take top 5 QB in the NFL, and among the top 25 of all NFL players.

And perhaps people finally admitting on a national level that he's been much better than Luck without one of the most consistent future Hall of Fame WR bailing him out.
This covers it all the way around. Nice post man.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I think people confuse "MVP" with "Best". Most Valuable Player to me, means the player that really put a team on his shoulders that year and took a team that wasn't a division winning contender and brought them into being relevant (very relevant). Brady, Manning, Brees all are known entities and are amazing players (all MVPs to their teams and a candidate for best in the league, but they haven't increased their teams value this year, only sustained). But my vote, the MVP is Russell

RichNhansom

Reaction score
saints2k8":134hf11n said:
Wilson over Brees for MVP? Come on now

the guy has fumbled 8 times and has 6 picks to go with it. 20 TD is solid, nothing spectacular (pretty good for a 2nd year QB)

The love has gone too far IMO

Well do you still feel the same way after last nights game? There should be absolutely no question at this point who was the better QB last night and the biggest difference for Wilson is getting a starting caliber O-line back. Still not as good as your O-line and Wilson is still playing without Rice or Harvin where Brees has a full shelf of top caliber receivers including one of the best TE's in the game.

How many Saints fans said if you contain Lynch Wilson will become average or worse? You know you heard it and last night your defense accomplished just that and Wilson made them pay dearly for thinking that way.

Here's the real question. If you were to build your team for now and the future starting right now and could have any QB in the league. Who would it be? Brees is 34 years old and has maybe a few more years of high production in him where Wilson is only in his second year and statistically after last nights game he is looking like the better QB.

Which receiving corp would you rather have? Ours or yours? I thought so.

Which O-line would you rather have ours (even now healthy) or yours? Uh huh.

Which head coach would you rather have Pete or Sean? OK then.

You see you make it very hard to believe you are at all rational if you believe Brees has the all around better supporting cast with a healthy O-line and yet you don't acknowledge that Wilson is at very least in his league. You can easily make an argument that Wilson is better right now. I know it is a hard pill to swallow but if you take off your homer glasses and actually look at the numbers realistically you will see why Wilson is rapidly gaining fandom across the league.

I'm probably typing all this for nothing since you likely won't even be back and if you do you couldn't argue any of the points anyway.

Good luck the rest of the way. I hope your Left Tackle is ok for next game. Hated seeing him go down.

Latest posts