Seattle favored by 5.5 over New Orleans

HawkWow

Reaction score
We will not win by less than 10.

31-17 looks right (to me) and that's not a guess.

HawkWow

Reaction score
BlueThunder":w0wx74ay said:
HawkWow":w0wx74ay said:
31-17 looks right (to me) and that's not a guess.

I disagree... with the not being a guess part...

Properly handicapping games is time consuming, arduous and requires thinking. I never "guess" but considering the above, It's a technique I'd encourage you to employ.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Radish":267srkza said:
I think 5.5 is a lot considering the two teams.

Just my 2cents. I would be closer to 2-3.

:D

That's what the book is counting on, Les. They need to get money going to the N.O. side of the ledger. Who in their right minds, outside of N.O., wants to bet against Seattle at home? They have to entice the Saints bettor.

Still, that line will move up as we approach game time (IMO). I think anything less than minus 7 is good, if not great, value to the Hawk bettor.

Hope things are well for you and family. Aloha.

sutz

Reaction score
The Radish":1kzojxw8 said:

No...I don't think so. 3 points is kind of the 'normal' home field advantage. We're favored a bit more than the norm, and I agree with that.

If we were at 3 point faves, that would be an 'even' spread. This says we're a FG better than them. About right in my mind.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sutz":2voekwya said:
The Radish":2voekwya said:

No...I don't think so. 3 points is kind of the 'normal' home field advantage. We're favored a bit more than the norm, and I agree with that.

If we were at 3 point faves, that would be an 'even' spread. This says we're a FG better than them. About right in my mind.

That's the proper approach, but in this example, IMO, you are underestimating Seattle's HFA. As you suggest, 3 (maybe 3-6) is the normal point value awarded for HFA (it varies on several factors inc. grass / turf, weather, etc ) but there is nothing normal about a Monday night game with such implications at the Clink. I'm throwing conventional wisdom out the window in determining Seattle's HFA in this one. Its going to be nutz and most uncomfortable for the visiting team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually being the Seahawks I take point spreads and toss them anymore, Offcials seem to control the throttle on games for us when we start clicking.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Good point...that's why I'm encouraging you lucky attendees to smuggle in wrist rockets. Be pro-active and take the whistles out of the mouths of fools!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Hmm... counting Hawks eggs before they hatch?

I'll wait until Aros posts a thread!

HawkWow

Reaction score
The line opened at 4.5 and has moved as high as 6. This with the (so called) Thurmond news.

Why?

Because the Thurmond news isn't exactly earth shattering and sure as hell isn't going to cause fluctuation in the line. That is, unless someone goes out and bets $100,000.00 against the Hawks because of his absence. I'm thinking that won't happen.

Non-QBs seldom move lines and when they do, it's minimal.