Seahawks first double digit winning seasons in a row

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You know what stands out to me the most on that entire list? The difference in point differential over Holmgren's last two years here. In 2007, we were +102. In 2008, we were -98.

WOW. A 200-point swing in one offseason.

Geez...

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Thats when Ruskell's drafting failers really started to be blatently clear. People could have kept there heads in the sand about Ruskell in 06 and 07, but even rabid Ruskellites had to come around in 08.

Polaris

Reaction score
I will admit that I trusted Ruskell for about two years after the 2005 season, but yeah, after 2007 Ruskell's complete failure in the draft and managing the roster was becoming brutally clear.

Ruskell should be called "Franchise Killer". He took a Superbowl team and in three short years nearly completely destroyed it. I am told he did the same in Tampa Bay, and was fired before he could work his malign magic on the Chicago Bears.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah that man has some serious bad juju. Good riddance.

I will always admire his quote during his exit presser to the Seattle media though...

"I talked to my wife the other day and said, 'Let's look at that will again,'" Ruskell joked after announcing his forced resignation weeks before his five-year contract ended in Seattle.

"It says 'burial.' But let's go for 'cremation' -- so they won't be able to write 'Here lies the man that lost Hutch' on my tombstone."

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Aros":31ju398p said:
Yeah that man has some serious bad juju. Good riddance.

I will always admire his quote during his exit presser to the Seattle media though...

"I talked to my wife the other day and said, 'Let's look at that will again,'" Ruskell joked after announcing his forced resignation weeks before his five-year contract ended in Seattle.

"It says 'burial.' But let's go for 'cremation' -- so they won't be able to write 'Here lies the man that lost Hutch' on my tombstone."

that's effing depressing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Some of those Holmgren years had really depressing defensive stats, didn't they? Puts into perspective Carroll's philosophies on football.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Seahawks are setting team records every week, both RW individually and the team. Ain't it a great time!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1sbqbmsn said:
Some of those Holmgren years had really depressing defensive stats, didn't they? Puts into perspective Carroll's philosophies on football.

And usually any glaring weakness remained that way for an entire season with Holmgrens team. That's why I still cringe when, for example, we have a game were we get pushed around and owned against the run. But this team goes to work between games and 'presto' manages to fix the problem.

I gotta tell ya that, because if this team's past, it was unsettling when we couldn't stop the run for two games in a row. Even Atlanta had good YPC against us, but were forced play from behind, so the total yards looked much more acceptable. That's why Adrian's YPC was such a relief.

We will probably continue the be a liabilty against power running games to an extent, because we use so many light and speedy guys and non-stop motor tweeners. Thats why the return of the OL and Percy Harvin comes at an ideal time. We are much better at playing with a lead against the ground and pound teams.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I don't know how their "aproximate value" stat works on PFR, but it looks like Sherman had the highest ranking last year (18) of any Hawk since Tez in `92 (19).

Neat.