Hawks verse Vikings history from a MN fans perspective..

Axx

Reaction score
he knows more about seattle than 99% of this forum

rjdriver

Reaction score
Great read.

I remember being so disappointed losing to the Vikes in 2006. I just wanted to lay the beat down on Hutch so bad.

firebee

Reaction score
Really good, except I have beef with the All Time list...
1. No Rufus Porter, Leroy Hill or Lofa Tatupu at the LB position... On edit... add Anthony Simmons in here somewhere too.
2. I take Darrell Jackson or Brian Blades over Joey Galloway. Galloway was a one trick pony deep threat receiver with inconsistent hands. I like receivers that can run routes and catch consistently... Just sayin

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Remember that 2006 game like it was yesterday. Absolutely heartbreaking.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Axx":1ym3esmv said:
he knows more about seattle than 99% of this forum
OR he has access to the internet. One of the two.

VikingScott62":1ym3esmv said:
I don't think this squad would do much in a "theoretical tournament", that defense is pretty weak...
The funny part about this quote is that the 2013 Seattle defense, as-is, would match up extremely well in a historical tournament. It's fun to have rose colored glasses when discussing great players of the past but you really have to include the caveat "for their era."

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SonicHawk":5gsbc46n said:
Remember that 2006 game like it was yesterday. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I remember that cheap shot a lot more vividly than the poster did too.

That 2004 game was fun too. One of the few times they won a 10AM roadie under Holmgren.

And of course we all remember Shaun Alexander's 5 TD day.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
That was really actually pretty impressive. The kind that takes a certain dedication. The author should be a local sportswriter.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
firebee":mutx3076 said:
1. No Rufus Porter, Leroy Hill or Lofa Tatupu at the LB position... On edit... add Anthony Simmons in here somewhere too.
2. I take Darrell Jackson or Brian Blades over Joey Galloway. Galloway was a one trick pony deep threat receiver with inconsistent hands. I like receivers that can run routes and catch consistently... Just sayin

I haven't checked out the link yet but I just wanted to chime in and say that Galloway would be this team's 2nd leading receiver in virtually every category if we'd held on to him. And I loved Brian Blades and Darrell Jackson like brothers but if you want to talk inconsistent hands those are the guys on your list, not Galloway.

Just one kid's perspective though. ;-)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Good post by the Vikings dude. He obviously has a better memory than I do. Not sure if that was his all-time Seahawks team or something he got from another source? I think there's probably 2 or 3 guys on our current D that are at least close to deserving a spot on the all-time list, no? When do we consider Clemons, Mebane, Earl, Sherm etc some of our all-time greats?

Erebus

Reaction score
BlueTalon":9lngl6de said:
Written when Jim Zorn was still coach of the Redskins. (?)

It looks like he keeps that same write up and updates it before each Seahawks/Vikings game. He wrote the 2009 part in 2012 before our game with them.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
firebee":o83i503k said:

You're saying this and then talking about "Stone Hands" Jackson? Ok.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would say that Norm Johnson beats out Herrera as all-time kicker. Efren just had more trick plays associated with him and also having played for the Cowboys before coming here. Josh Brown is another one from more current times.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Crazy how he referenced to the 2009 game- Rice, T-Jack and now Harvin all on Seattle

Hasselbeck went down in 06- My brother sent me a text "season over" even though he came back strong and we lost in playoffs to Chicago

Latest posts