Thankful for Haushka

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I admit, during the offseason I was one of many who wanted that position upgraded and thought that Hauschka wasn't good enough.

He's convinced me.

Last year I would have been worried even on that short game winning field goal. Today, as soon as we crossed the 35 I knew that the game was won as long as we didn't turn it over.

Dude is money this season.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Steven has been pretty great this year. Only miss was the blocked one in Indy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pretty angry at fans that expect 65 yarders. Wake up people.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Haushka is money since 2012. I didn't get the calls that wanted he position upgraded before this year.

He was money last year, I don't think he's missed a FG under 45 yards since before 2012.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
After seeing all these kickers sucking it out there, including 3 missed by the Texans kicker, I'm so happy we have such a consistent, accurate kicker. I'm not going to lie though-last year I wasn't on the bandwagon, but his leg strength has greatly improved.

C-Dub

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers:

I'll bite. I'm grateful as well. Can't stand kickers f@#$ing up a game. H has been a pleasant surprise for me this year.

Polaris

Reaction score
Indeed, if the Texans had Haushka (or someone similiar), they win tonight. A reliable kicker will win (or cost you) at least 2-3 games a season IMO.

droop828

Reaction score
He was 24-27 last year and people thought we could do better. That ticked me off to no end. He's one of the top 5 in the game IMHO. I'm sure some of you are still not happy with him.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
My biggest issue with Haushka was how far he could kick. But it seems like he fixed that so I'm all in.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
droop828":1wwhhik7 said:
He was 24-27 last year and people thought we could do better. That ticked me off to no end. He's one of the top 5 in the game IMHO. I'm sure some of you are still not happy with him.

Yeah some of us are. That's why we're posting in a Haushka-props thread.

Last year, the issue was his leg strength. Nobody complained about his accuracy from inside 50. Lack of touchbacks and the seemingly lack of confidence in him from the coaches on anything slightly above 50 was a concern.

Polaris

Reaction score
Haushka has really improved is game this season. His leg strength was a problem last season but certainly NOT this season. I remember the long FG he just barely missed in pre-season, and his kickoffs have reflected that too. He normally doesn't allow the receiving team any chance for a return...and I can live with that :)

IcedHawk

Reaction score
rsm650":31ox45o7 said:
My biggest issue is that no one can spell his name right :sarcasm_off:
It's pretty easy to spell Howschka, though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3t8pphd4 said:
I admit, during the offseason I was one of many who wanted that position upgraded and thought that Hauschka wasn't good enough.

He's convinced me.

Last year I would have been worried even on that short game winning field goal. Today, as soon as we crossed the 35 I knew that the game was won as long as we didn't turn it over.

Dude is money this season.

He missed 3 kicks.. one was blocked from 50 out, one was just pushed from 51 out in SF (a tough place to kick), and the other was from 60 against the Lions before half. Why would you be afraid of a short FG? He was just as good last season as he is this year.

Brahn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":8mqeb8o2 said:
Dude is sick and should not be cut!

Or released since we are in the middle of the season and all.

Latest posts