Week 9 Injury Report (UPDATED FRI Game Status)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Everyone on the list today reported as DID NOT PRACTICE today. Lynch, not surprising, Coleman, Giacomini & Johnson have all been at this level for awhile. New names are Bennett with an Illness which means it's usually something they will be better from by game time, and Sweezy with an elbow. This is the most concerning as he's not having the greatest year as it is and our depth right now is seriously lacking. Hopefully it just needs a little rest.

Bennett, Michael......Illness
Coleman, Derrick......Hamstring
Giacomini, Breno......Knee
Johnson, Jeron......Hamstring
Lynch, Marshawn......Knee
Sweezy, J.R.......Elbow

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Well, with Sweezy, we do have Lemuel and Bailey, not that it wouldn't be another step down from the below average play we have already seen.

Basis4day

Reaction score
12th_Bob":3hwihd9k said:
Well, with Sweezy, we do have Lemuel and Bailey, not that it wouldn't be another step down from the below average play we have already seen.

He's missed practice before with injury and hasn't missed a game.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I think the Bye will come at a perfect time this year.. Thank God we are playing the dreads of the NFL this year for the next three weeks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good lord, if Sweezy can't go every play better just be Russell taking the snap and running to the sideline as fast as he can.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23i3vfkf said:
Good lord, if Sweezy can't go every play better just be Russell taking the snap and running to the sideline as fast as he can.

He wouldn't make it with the DE's blowing past our tackles like they aren't even there.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I'm not sure Lem is a step down from Sweezy in the least.

sutz

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1ep2ylcr said:
I think the Bye will come at a perfect time this year.. Thank God we are playing the dreads of the NFL this year for the next three weeks.
I think you mean dregs, but yeah. ;)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":l3pzgq31 said:
seahawk12thman":l3pzgq31 said:
I think you mean dregs, but yeah. ;)

You mean people aren't "dreading' the likes of Tampa Bay right now? :lol:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":nmcooqm0 said:
hawkfan68":nmcooqm0 said:
I wish Sweezy didn't play in games either. Not like he does anything anyway.

Sweezy slept with your wife didn't he.

That probably could be true, if I had a wife :)

The truth is I just don't think he's all that great and shouldn't be in there. It's not his natural position. I believe it's unfair to the team and Sweezy to trot him out week after week there. Could he be a backup? Probably. They tried this same thing with Mansfield Wrotto and it didn't work then either.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3a5tk1bx said:
The Dirty Truth":3a5tk1bx said:
hawkfan68":3a5tk1bx said:
I wish Sweezy didn't play in games either. Not like he does anything anyway.

Sweezy slept with your wife didn't he.

That probably could be true, if I had a wife :)

The truth is I just don't think he's all that great and shouldn't be in there. It's not his natural position. I believe it's unfair to the team and Sweezy to trot him out week after week there. Could he be a backup? Probably. They tried this same thing with Mansfield Wrotto and it didn't work then either.

Ok. Who on the roster is playing better than Sweezy that is not filling in for an injured starter? If Sweezy is starting, it tells me someone else is playing worse.

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
I will say it til I am blue in the face. If you actually pay attention to the OL during a game Sweezy is a pretty good Guard. That's why when all these people do these day later break downs they all say the same thing......Sweezy had a solid game. Does he have miscues? Of course but he has only played OL for what? 18 games or so? Take the Cardinals game for example.....last year in his first start Dockett ate his lunch.....no doubt about it. This year Sweezy made Dockett look like a high school player.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":2p8cld39 said:
I will say it til I am blue in the face. If you actually pay attention to the OL during a game Sweezy is a pretty good Guard. That's why when all these people do these day later break downs they all say the same thing......Sweezy had a solid game. Does he have miscues? Of course but he has only played OL for what? 18 games or so? Take the Cardinals game for example.....last year in his first start Dockett ate his lunch.....no doubt about it. This year Sweezy made Dockett look like a high school player.

I'm stating my opinion. I've see many reports that say Sweezy is sub-par and not performing well too. Some of them from the same people who laud him. He looks decent because the OL as whole is a hot mess. When Okung and Breno are back, I'm sure he'll be seen as the "weakest link" on the line. Right now he's got a rookie next to him and there's a player at LT who is out of position causing more issues. I didn't like the experiment of putting him at G in the first place and so far its done nothing to convince me he's the best fit there. There's not a player on the roster depth wise that is pushing him, if there was he wouldn't be playing. My problem is not with Sweezy, it's with the decision to keep playing him. Shouldn't have made that to begin with. It's an opinion. Right now I'm not convinced enough by his play to change it.

Latest posts