Week 7 Tuesday Injury Report (updated Game Status)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]
Yesterday we had Clemons, Giacomini, Wagner and Ware all DID NOT PARTICIPATE, while Miller was back to practicing but as a LIMITED PARTICIPANT.

Today the report is as follows:

Giacomini....Knee....DNP

Wagner....Ankle....DNP

Ware....Ankle....DNP

Lynch....Hip....DNP

Clemons....Elbow....DNP

Miller....Hamstring....FP

Only real changes were Miller was full go and Lynch missed practice. He's missed practices for whatever reason the past few weeks, this time they are saying it's an ankle though and I hadn't heard that before.

EDIT: Changed Lynch injury to reflect the apparent error in the original reporting on the website

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
AceBoogie715":2wegk7fq said:
Beast Mode doesn't practice. Beast Mode will play Thursday.

It's always impossible to know with Lynch. Sometimes they just put DNP not injury related, and if he hurts any at all anywhere, they put that down and he usually plays. With Marshawn, I consider him a healthy scratch until I actually hear otherwise, but will be interested to hear what Pete says about it in his presser tomorrow. Reporters will undoubtedly ask him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I wonder if PC was sending Clemons a message when he told the press that his injury did not require surgery and was a "pain thresh hold" type injury?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":15hfjhlh said:
I wonder if PC was sending Clemons a message when he told the press that his injury did not require surgery and was a "pain thresh hold" type injury.

I suppose it's possible, but I took it more as Pete telling the media that the injury won't be anything long term, and it will just depend on day to day how it feels. Lucky for us, we are very deep at the pass rushing position, so we don't need to push Clemons to a point where he could be hurt worse That said, I think Clemons will push himself to try to play this week, but with Avril, Bennett, Irvin etc. I think we'll be ok in that department. Palmer isn't exactly a speedster back there

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Injury Report page was updated showing Lynch with a hip injury (same thing it showed for his missed practice last week). The ankle thing must have been an inputting error. Likely safe to assume everything is par for the course with Lynch this week.

Polk738

Reaction score
Lynch never seems to practice for whatever reason but trust me if he "wasn't" going to play we would've heard about it.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Could really use Bobby Wags back. Breno would be nice but Nailey is looking better and better. Hope Clemons gets well soon too.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I'm not going to read too much into the DNP report...some guys getting rest for the short week. You either know how to play by now or you don't.

Hawks46

Reaction score
From what I've read, the Hawks are only doing walk throughs anyways this week. That may not be correct, but it sounds like they aren't doing a lot of full contact practice. I wouldn't be surprised if the offense gets off to a slow start due to this; it seems like the offense needs full speed/full contact reps to get timing and chemistry down, while the defense can adjust better.

On the Clemons elbow thing, it doesn't sound like much, but if you watch how Clem rushes the passer, he is very active with his hands in keeping the Tackles off of him. He doesn't always use blazing speed to get by a guy, and he doesn't always use a bull rush to get through him.....but needing both arms strong is a big part of his game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
BlueTalons":3neiub7l said:
I'm not going to read too much into the DNP report...some guys getting rest for the short week. You either know how to play by now or you don't.

Not really so much with this particular report...although it is the case for Lynch.

With Giacomini and Ware, they are both most likely out for the game, so they will continue on the list the same week to week until they are healthy.

Clemons and Wagner are both to be gameday decisions according to Carroll's own words Monday, so they aren't resting so much as recuperating and HOPING they can be healthy enough to go Thursday.

SE174

Reaction score
We've had a ton of injuries to starters so far this year. And yet we're 5-1. Goddamn I love the depth on this team.

WR1, LT, C, RT, TE, FB, MLB, OLB, DE1&2, and CB2.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just heard that Wagner is out for tomorrow's game, Clemons is still going to be a gametime decision and Miller is going to be active tomorrow. Will post the injury report when it's officially released

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sending Clemons a message?? In no way belittling whoever speculated on that, but let's be reasonable. Clemons is a hard-working and serious productive veteran leader who has busted his ass to contribute to this team.

I would decisively rule out Coach Carroll needing to motivate him in this way.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3t5hlrsa said:
Sending Clemons a message?? In no way belittling whoever speculated on that, but let's be reasonable. Clemons is a hard-working and serious productive veteran leader who has busted his ass to contribute to this team.

Completely agree, Clemons is not a slacker by any definition of the word. He showed that this offseason by pushing himself to be ready to come back as early as he did from the ACL surgery. If Clem can go he will. I have no doubts about this

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":2xqk9mjl said:
bestfightstory":2xqk9mjl said:

Completely agree, Clemons is not a slacker by any definition of the word. He showed that this offseason by pushing himself to be ready to come back as early as he did from the ACL surgery. If Clem can go he will. I have no doubts about this

Yeah. That's a bit too much of a stretch to interpret PC that way. Just because it's an injury that doesn't involve torn ligaments or a broken bone doesn't mean it's something that can be played on effectively.

Even if you wanted to send a message through the media, Clem isn't the kind of player you see much in interviews. You need reporters to ask the player about the comments in order to send a message that way. I think i've heard more Lynch interviews than i have Clem.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wednesday:

Giacomini....Knee....DNP....OUT

Wagner....Ankle....DNP....OUT

Ware....Ankle....DNP....OUT

Clemons....Elbow....LP....QUESTIONABLE

Miller....Hamstring....FP....PROBABLE

Lynch....Hip....LP....PROBABLE

Clemons is up from No Practice to Limited Practice. Still supposed to be a gametime decision, but the fact that he practiced means they must be hopeful that he can play this week.

Latest posts