Week 9 Injury Report (UPDATED FRI Game Status)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":34lcfsj6 said:
I will say it til I am blue in the face. If you actually pay attention to the OL during a game Sweezy is a pretty good Guard. That's why when all these people do these day later break downs they all say the same thing......Sweezy had a solid game. Does he have miscues? Of course but he has only played OL for what? 18 games or so? Take the Cardinals game for example.....last year in his first start Dockett ate his lunch.....no doubt about it. This year Sweezy made Dockett look like a high school player.

I've yet to read or hear ANYBODY except for Pete say that Sweezy is progressing well or grading out well in games.

He has his moments, but like anybody who's only played O-Line for a couple years he still makes a ton of mistakes. Sorry, but on a supposed Super Bowl caliber team, just OK isn't good enough.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":h9d0yy5b said:
The Dirty Truth":h9d0yy5b said:
I will say it til I am blue in the face. If you actually pay attention to the OL during a game Sweezy is a pretty good Guard. That's why when all these people do these day later break downs they all say the same thing......Sweezy had a solid game. Does he have miscues? Of course but he has only played OL for what? 18 games or so? Take the Cardinals game for example.....last year in his first start Dockett ate his lunch.....no doubt about it. This year Sweezy made Dockett look like a high school player.

I've yet to read or hear ANYBODY except for Pete say that Sweezy is progressing well or grading out well in games.

He has his moments, but like anybody who's only played O-Line for a couple years he still makes a ton of mistakes. Sorry, but on a supposed Super Bowl caliber team, just OK isn't good enough.

So you would be starting "who" in this situation?

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2og47t7x said:
The Dirty Truth":2og47t7x said:

I'm stating my opinion. I've see many reports that say Sweezy is sub-par and not performing well too. Some of them from the same people who laud him. He looks decent because the OL as whole is a hot mess. When Okung and Breno are back, I'm sure he'll be seen as the "weakest link" on the line. Right now he's got a rookie next to him and there's a player at LT who is out of position causing more issues. I didn't like the experiment of putting him at G in the first place and so far it'd done nothing to convince me he's the best fit there. There's not a player on the roster depth wise that is pushing him, if there was he wouldn't be playing. My problem is not with Sweezy, it's with the decision to keep playing him. Should have made that to begin with. It's an opinion. Right now I'm not convinced enough by his play to change it.

And I have read reports and heard national media say he is doing a wonderful job. When the line is healthy Carpenter is the weakest link. He is lazy and doesn't play every down. Sweezy is even with Breno. So that puts him right behind two All-Pro players. He beat out a player in Moffitt that has been playing OL his entire life. He may be the most athletic Guard in the NFL. Does he have miscues occasionally? Of course, but is he also a capable NFL Guard?.....absolutely. And he shows improvement.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw on the newstribune blog [urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2013/10/31/news-notes-and-quotes-sherman-meet-revis-revis-sherman/[/urltargetblank] where they had a tweet from Pete confirming that Harvin is NOT playing this week. No surprise to most, but thought I'd add it here for those who may not have been so sure

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":2lbpxudn said:
hawkfan68":2lbpxudn said:
The Dirty Truth":2lbpxudn said:

I'm stating my opinion. I've see many reports that say Sweezy is sub-par and not performing well too. Some of them from the same people who laud him. He looks decent because the OL as whole is a hot mess. When Okung and Breno are back, I'm sure he'll be seen as the "weakest link" on the line. Right now he's got a rookie next to him and there's a player at LT who is out of position causing more issues. I didn't like the experiment of putting him at G in the first place and so far it'd done nothing to convince me he's the best fit there. There's not a player on the roster depth wise that is pushing him, if there was he wouldn't be playing. My problem is not with Sweezy, it's with the decision to keep playing him. Should have made that to begin with. It's an opinion. Right now I'm not convinced enough by his play to change it.

And I have read reports and heard national media say he is doing a wonderful job. When the line is healthy Carpenter is the weakest link. He is lazy and doesn't play every down. Sweezy is even with Breno. So that puts him right behind two All-Pro players. He beat out a player in Moffitt that has been playing OL his entire life. He may be the most athletic Guard in the NFL. Does he have miscues occasionally? Of course, but is he also a capable NFL Guard?.....absolutely. And he shows improvement.

That may be true but he played better than Sweezy on Monday night. A lot of reports were suggesting Carp was the best lineman on the Seahawks in that game. He is much stronger than Sweezy. Carp is definitely not the weakest link on the line.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sgt. Largent":1ql6cibo said:
The Dirty Truth":1ql6cibo said:

Sweezy grades out well over at PFF quite a bit. I believe he's actually our only plus-starter all season based on their grades.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bummer that Harvin is not playing yet. Starting to look like we may not see him until maybe the Saints game considering he hasn't even really practiced yet.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thursday's update:

Coleman, Giacomini, Johnson and Lynch were still out of practice today

Sweezey and Bennett were Full Participants

Mebane was added since he did not participate but it wasn't injury related

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
CColeman, Giacomini & Johnson have been listed as out and Sweezy, Bennett, Lynch & Mebane are all listed as Probable for our game on Sunday and were full participants in practice today

Also, Thomas didn't practice today, listed as illness, so no injury worry there. Should be good to go Sunday and is listed as probabe

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jh0jdiu said:
CColeman, Giacomini & Johnson have been listed as out and Sweezy, Bennett, Lynch & Mebane are all listed as Probable for our game on Sunday and were full participants in practice today

Also, Thomas didn't practice today, listed as illness, so no injury worry there. Should be good to go Sunday and is listed as probabe

Guess they'll pump him full of fluids on game day and hope for the best. Something about a sub-optimal Thomas sorta bothers me, so I'm glad the game is at home and against the Bucs.