14-2

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
That is the record in the last 16 regular season games. This team has issues, and the offensive line's inability to perform is a big one right now, but they are 14-2 in the last 16 games, have given up less than 15 points per game during that span, won a road playoff game last year and were 35 seconds away from winning a second, and are the fourth youngest team in the league. The Hawks have not lost a home game since Christmas Eve 2011 and are 13-1 in our last 14 home games.

I was as frustrated as anybody after last night's debacle, but realized today that somehow they still won the game. That's as bad as that team can play and they STILL WON A GAME ON THE ROAD AGAINST A DIVISION OPPONENT.

This IS a Championship caliber team, and I have no doubt they'll be that all season long. Things have to go right for any team to win a Super Bowl, but there isn't a team out there that is any better set up to win this thing this year than the Hawks are.

GO HAWKS!!!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Perspective. It is important. I hope people are actually enjoying these games.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
but...but...but Steve Young and Trent Dilfer took every opportunity to tell us that this team is NOT championship caliber! And they are the experts with no bias against the Seahawks!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I look at it this way:

If someone had told me, "Halfway through the season, Seattle will be 7-1, 4-1 on the road, 3-0 in the division, and have a point differential of +80, giving up only fifteen points a game to opposing teams," I would have jumped around with glee and taken it immediately.

So even though we need our starting tackles back pretty badly, I am choosing to jump around with glee.

Seattle, by the way, has given up the fourth-least points in the league, and two teams ahead of them (NO and CAR) have played one less game.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2w0943ji said:

call me whatever you want, but last nights game was anything but enjoyable. it was unwatchable. if this staff isnt careful they are going to ruin Wilson with an injury or just plain shellshocked or both.

sutz

Reaction score
It's also our record if you do a linear projection through to the end of this year. ;)

Exittium

Reaction score
HawkFan72":276kgw41 said:
but...but...but Steve Young and Trent Dilfer took every opportunity to tell us that this team is NOT championship caliber! And they are the experts with no bias against the Seahawks!

Granted dilfer played with us but he did end his career with the 49ers then theres Steve Young, so I mean of course what else are they going to say they're 49er Homers. We just kept our lead with an ugly win, and I think it peeved them. 49ers are only blowing opponents out due to they've played them AFTER us so they're beat up and they don't have the Oline woes we do. But once we get our Oline back we'll be g2g and beat them at the stick

BamKam

Reaction score
The only reason people are completely freaking out about last night is because the 49ers thrashed the Rams in St. Louis. The 49ers were coming off a 2 game losing streak and their back against the absolute wall, they needed a huge win in a big way. Harbaugh is a good coach and had them prepared. This was also when the Rams were playing their worst football of the season, they seem to be doing a bit better.

NFL is all about matchups and St. Louis having elite defensive ends matched up perfectly against our terrible back up tackles. Blame Bevell for not having more people protect RW as they were running clean through us the entire night.

Any divisional road win is a good win, last night sucked watching but hey we are 7-1 and haven't been near full health at any part of this season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Exittium":28b1xtl5 said:
HawkFan72":28b1xtl5 said:

Granted dilfer played with us but he did end his career with the 49ers then theres Steve Young, so I mean of course what else are they going to say they're 49er Homers. We just kept our lead with an ugly win, and I think it peeved them. 49ers are only blowing opponents out due to they've played them AFTER us so they're beat up and they don't have the Oline woes we do. But once we get our Oline back we'll be g2g and beat them at the stick

I was being 100% sarcastic. Young and Dilfer take every shot they can against the Hawks. This is just the first time they've had a legitimate shot to do so this year. So they poured it on thick.

Exittium

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3obymml5 said:
Exittium":3obymml5 said:
HawkFan72":3obymml5 said:

I was being 100% sarcastic. Young and Dilfer take every shot they can against the Hawks. This is just the first time they've had a legitimate shot to do so this year. So they poured it on thick.

Oh yeah and continued even after sherman left, so I mean we definitely had shots coming our way. Although I think with the hawks, what announcer besides Moon shows up anything sign of respect. Then again I still scratch me head to why all the hate towards the Hawks all these years, due to we've really never been a threatening team like we are now.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
BamKam":12yjzoyg said:
The only reason people are completely freaking out about last night is because the 49ers thrashed the Rams in St. Louis. The 49ers were coming off a 2 game losing streak and their back against the absolute wall, they needed a huge win in a big way. Harbaugh is a good coach and had them prepared. This was also when the Rams were playing their worst football of the season, they seem to be doing a bit better.

NFL is all about matchups and St. Louis having elite defensive ends matched up perfectly against our terrible back up tackles. Blame Bevell for not having more people protect RW as they were running clean through us the entire night.

Any divisional road win is a good win, last night sucked watching but hey we are 7-1 and haven't been near full health at any part of this season.

Like I said..."It was like taking the Ugly Girl to the prom, but somehow we still won the Dance Contest" Wasn't pretty, but it's still in the books as a W... I'll take it over the obvious alternative... :180670:

had2bhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cdbvxy9 said:
Exittium":2cdbvxy9 said:
HawkFan72":2cdbvxy9 said:

All the sweeter when the hawks beat the niners by 3!

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
No team is perfect...injuries are pretty severe for the O-line and still rolling (sometimes the rolling is a little bumpy). Wilson is now 18-6 as a starter...the defense is still pretty damn amazing and hopefully health will smile on the Hawks soon...

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I look at it as it doesn't matter who the Seahawks beat, how they beat them or where they beat them, they don't get any respect because "they haven't won a Super Bowl". They are 4-1 on the road but can't win on the road. No matter who their opponent is. Basically, if the Hawks want respect, ey have to win the Super Bowl, then when they do that, there will be a negative excuse as to why they won and never get the credit they deserve. Plus, how fans are the most boisterous in the League, so "experts" will discredit the team entirely. Even when they do win a Super Bowl, it still won't be enough to all the Haters because it is ONLY one Super Bowl. This team is in prime position to win it all. All great teams find a way to win the ugly ones. And they did it last night. Now come back and blow out TB, Atl And Minnesota, all teams we should handle nicely, and turn it all around, then go shut all the Whiners up by beating them at the Stick.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":nutrvvj3 said:
bestfightstory":nutrvvj3 said:

call me whatever you want, but last nights game was anything but enjoyable. it was unwatchable.

I don't want to call you anything. But if last night's game was as you describe, I hope you turned off the television and found something enjoyable to do. No sarcasm. If this season isn't enjoyable (and for a couple people it really seems not to be) then why spend any time on it?

Seeker

Reaction score
half the people on here seem like they would be total "Ramsey's" to watch the game with. football isn't all blowouts.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
BamKam":3tcbqtaa said:

This is a good point. When SF played STL, they were absolutely desperate. Seattle didn't seem to have the same intensity they've shown in most other games this season. Maybe it was due in part to playing in front of a half-empty stadium. Maybe it was that they bought into the "Rams with a backup QB = easy win" storyline. Or maybe it was just a bad matchup exacerbated by questionable playcalling.

JonRud

Reaction score
I remember a long time ago when we destroyed SF 29-3 on National TV. That was awesome.

hawker84

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3hwa3wnb said:
bestfightstory":3hwa3wnb said:

call me whatever you want, but last nights game was anything but enjoyable. it was unwatchable. if this staff isnt careful they are going to ruin Wilson with an injury or just plain shellshocked or both.

i enjoyed watching the defense and especially Earl, other than that it was a big fat turd....

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawker84":18dcvoan said:
Chukarhawk":18dcvoan said:
bestfightstory":18dcvoan said:

i enjoyed watching the defense and especially Earl, other than that it was a big fat turd....

Hmmm. I found it frustrating, aggravating, and difficult, at turns. But, again, perspective.
Ive watched far worse Seahawks teams fudge their way through hopeless seasons of 6 or fewer wins. This is a great team. One of the best in the NFL and one of the best Seattle has ever fielded. If I can't enjoy these games, then why bother being a fan of the team?

Latest posts