Who would you rather have: Carroll or Schneider?

Who would you rather have for the next decade: Carroll or Schneider?

• Pete Carroll

Votes: 48 43.6%
  • John Schneider

Votes: 62 56.4%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
If you could choose only 1 to have for the next decade would it be Carroll or Schneider?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Everything they do in terms of personnel is done hand-in-hand. The personnel choices have obviously made Pete's job easier as a coach, but he also deserves the credit for developing unheralded draft picks into Pro Bowl level players.

You can't parse what they contribute individually. Would be silly to try.

That being said, Carroll is running this organization right now. He's changed the entire culture of this team. This would not be the Seattle Seahawks we know and love without him.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Schneider is going to be here longer, so I'd go with him, I guess. I mean, I imagine Carroll will retire after winning his 3rd super bowl in 3 years.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I live in NY and am a big Islander fan (hockey for you that are not familiar). During the early 80's the Islanders were the dominant team in sports let alone hockey and they too had a great GM in Bill Torrey whom they called the architect of the team and a great coach in Al Arbour. For that team I would probably have chosen Torrey because he put the entire team together.

The Hawks situation is tougher because its hard to say who was responsible for bringing in guys like Wilson, Chancellor, and Sherman to name a few. Just on a guess I would say Carroll but its a tough choice for me.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I can't believe how fast I voted for Schneider.
It really is a tough decision.
Carroll may have the final say, but John scours the talent pool.

kearly

Reaction score
Genius coach vs. hardworking GM who's made to look like a late round wizard by said genius coach. I'll take Pete. But JS deserves a mountain of credit for fighting off his scouts and sticking to his guns with Wilson.

Also, I do think JS is arguably the top GM in the game, but let's be real here, he's Pete's caddy. Try to imagine how different this team is if it's Mora + JS.

rightbench

Reaction score
the reality is, we will probably have Schneider longer than we'll have Carroll unless he steps back from coaching and takes on a more front office job

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1wp91g7n said:
Schneider is the easy choice given PC's age.

Maybe I should have made this clearer, forget the age part. Assuming they both would want to be here for the next decade, whom would you choose?

Pstark3

Reaction score
Wasn't it Schneiders call to bring in PC? If so then Schneider, easily... I trust he'll bring in somebody perfectly suited to replace Carroll when that day comes

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Pstark3":3myxmvdh said:
Wasn't it Schneiders call to bring in PC? If so then Schneider, easily... I trust he'll bring in somebody perfectly suited to replace Carroll when that day comes
No. It was Pete's call to bring in Schneider

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2nyshfh8 said:
Can't see Pete being here another 10 years honestly. So Schneider I suppose.

In reality it's the synergy between Schneider and Pete that seems to be the magic. In the end, I think it's Pete's emotion and energy is what are really fueling this team.

I'll take Pete "Double Rainbow" Carroll any day. Does he even look 62 years old? I would not have guessed that. He sprints up and down the field like youngin'.

Pete being Pete, getting the team juiced up.

[youtube]McRbjqgmlwc[/youtube]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
You guys have changed my mind. The thing I love most about this team is the new identity. That identity is a direct result of Carroll.

Pstark3

Reaction score
-The Glove-":xfhdqfdk said:
Pstark3":xfhdqfdk said:
No. It was Pete's call to bring in Schneider
The coach picked the GM? That seems backwards... can't believe I never knew that

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Seabowl, good to see there is another seahawks/islanders fan in this world. Along with Pat who works at Carlow east --the seahawks bar in NYC-- we are probably the only 3 in the world